Great News!! Disney's 'The Little Mermaid – A Musical Adventure' Coming to DHS in Fall 2024

I am so excited. That was one of my favorite things at DHS. Glad they are bringing it back in some way.

I was really hoping they were going to replace that space with something else. But obviously a lot of people love the shows.

I guess we'll see what they've come up with. I must say, the Little Mermaid music is timeless and amazing - recently seeing the live movie reminded me how great that soundtrack is. So at least the building won't be sitting vacant in the near future.

It makes sense. After being closed for so long they probably would have had to teach the new performers the show from scratch, so why not update the show at the same time. There will be very little to change in the theater or on the signage, other than the name of the new show.

We finally know what will be going into the Little Mermaid theater in Animator's Courtyard. Disney Parks Blog just made this big announcement!

Disney is reimagining Voyage of the Little Mermaid and opening an updated show titled, 'The Little Mermaid - A Musical Adventure'!

Who is excited?

:wave: I am!!
It will be interesting to see which version of Ariel it is. They tend to stick with classic characters for this kind of stuff but they also seem to really want to push the live action character so we'll see.

This was one of my favorite shows and I am glad it is coming back, at least in some form. I don't mind a plus up!

It will be interesting to see which version of Ariel it is. They tend to stick with classic characters for this kind of stuff but they also seem to really want to push the live action character so we'll see.

The concept art shows characters from the animated version and the article states that it is based on the animated version:

"The latest version of The Little Mermaid was a live-action adaptation, but Disney Live Entertainment looked to the original Walt Disney Animation Studios classic for the new show."

I think because this is the Animation Courtyard, they are keeping it in line with the animated version.

This was one of my favorite shows and I am glad it is coming back, at least in some form. I don't mind a plus up!

The concept art shows characters from the animated version and the article states that it is based on the animated version:

"The latest version of The Little Mermaid was a live-action adaptation, but Disney Live Entertainment looked to the original Walt Disney Animation Studios classic for the new show."

I think because this is the Animation Courtyard, they are keeping it in line with the animated version.
Thanks, that's what I get for not actually reading the article 🤣

It will be interesting to see what they do as currently the character meet 'n greet is the Live-Action character and that meet 'n greet is right next to the theatre. I would love for it to be the Live-Action character.

It will be interesting to see what they do as currently the character meet 'n greet is the Live-Action character and that meet 'n greet is right next to the theatre. I would love for it to be the Live-Action character.
I was kind of thinking that’s what they might do but who knows!

Don't they usually change that spot out for whatever the latest movie is? 2024 doesn't have much that really lends itself to a meet & greet - there's Inside Out 2, but they already meet at Epcot.

The article clearly states that the new show will be based on the animated version. Hopefully that means keeping the blacklight puppets for the Under the Sea number!

Don't they usually change that spot out for whatever the latest movie is? 2024 doesn't have much that really lends itself to a meet & greet - there's Inside Out 2, but they already meet at Epcot.

The article clearly states that the new show will be based on the animated version. Hopefully that means keeping the blacklight puppets for the Under the Sea number!

Yes! My daughter said “they better keep the puppets!” We loved the old show so I hope some elements remain from it.

PR says it’s based on the animated though I’d love a colorblind casting like they did for frozen at DCA for the lolz
My guess is the Nov ‘24 untitled animated film if it still happens ends up being Zootopia 2 and Nick & Judy replace her or they do something else to the location

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter