Great Movie Ride closes for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good points . .it could be my "old fogey" perspective of things "back in my day" were better. But you are right .. Uncle Scrooge was rude .. Donald had an AWFUL temper on the littlest things and Bugs Bunny characters were pretty violent.

That being said, I do find the animation "ugly" though compared to the classic Mickey Mouse style .

I guess I would have preferred an animation style similar to that from "Get a Horse" .. and at first I thought that is what it would be because the ride concept seems similar to the concept of that short where you go "in and out" of the film itself.
I agree with you -- I'd have the same preference for animation style! I just think it may turn out better than we might think on that front... might even grow on us old fogies... "the kids these days" seem to like it... :D

I really hope it's not all modeled after the new version of the characters from the 2013 show. I can't stand the character redesigns.

I don't know, the article made it sound like it was going to be more thrilling than adorable.

They've already shown that it is on the new redesign.

I know, but I'm hoping the whole ride isn't that design. The original rumor was that the ride takes you through the history of the Mickey Mouse cartoons. I'm hoping that is still the case, where you are on a runaway train going through the different eras of cartoons.

i feel like this is a positive change--the new ride looks really cool, and as much as i like the great movie ride, when i visited last week the ride was in poor shape and really showing its age. i feel like a frenetic mickey ride would add some energy to the theatre... and since it's inspired by mickey's 1930s design it fits the theme of hollywood boulevard pretty well! and it's the first ever mickey-focused ride in any disney park (which is kind of surprising)--i feel it'll lead to some great fun. i'm hoping for the best!!

TOTALLY AGREE! Why has it taken so long for Disney to give Mickey his own ride??? So, happy that they are replacing GMC with a Mickey ride.

I'm excited about the new ride. Ive always thought the great movie ride was boring and outdated. This is a strategic and well thought out plan to bring people back into this park. It's going to help with attendance in a huge way and is much needed! That being said, it's always been strange to me that we don't have a mickey ride in any wdw park considering how important mickey mouse is at disney so I think this will fit right in.

Yes, I agree 100%!

I watched the video of the announcement. I'm not digging the style of animation at all. I think it looks cheap and underdeveloped. Mickey doesn't look anything like the classic Mickey. The ears are shaped wrong, and the mouth is weird. The animation is what used to be called limited animation. I think Walt would have hated it.

I hope they rethink the decision to use the new animation style. Not a fan of the new animation.

I guess that's something.

I do not like the new animation at all! I was really excited about a new Mickey & Minnie ride.... until I saw it was the new design. Now I'm really disappointed! I really can't see that Walt would have been happy about this.

This is my thoughts, exactly!

Mickey Mouse deserves a ride, I just hope that they do him justice. I am not a fan of this animation style, but I am still hopeful that they can pull this off.

Right.

Yeah the motion sickness thing worries me too. Fingers crossed it won't !

I am hoping it is similar to the Mr. Toad's Wild Ride which was in MK when it first opened. I loved that ride!!! I know they have it at Disneyland. So, maybe I can go and ride it again someday.

This is my biggest disappointment about the whole project. The majority of Disney visitors have never even seen this version of Mickey and are going to be greatly disappointed when they see it. I don't believe that there has been a widespread enthusiastic acceptance of the new animation at this point. At least enough to Bank a replacement for an iconic attraction.

I am thinking along the same lines. Disney really needs to think about their entire fan base and think about using a classic style of Mickey instead of the new animation style.

While a Mickey themed ride is great, and the Great Movie Ride has seen its day ... I think the decision to use this new style animation is awful.

This new "Ren and Stimpy" (for those who saw that show back in the 90s) style animation is rude, crude and met for teenagers .. not kids. I don't show these new Mickey shorts to my son (4yo) because the characters are just rude .. not the same characters he sees in Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or Mickey and the Roaster Racers.

What a poor decision for the park that has Disney Junior Live attraction.

I agree with you. I wonder why they don't use the same style of Mickey in the ride that is seen on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. That is the Mickey most people are going to expect to see on the ride.

Very good points . .it could be my "old fogey" perspective of things "back in my day" were better. But you are right .. Uncle Scrooge was rude .. Donald had an AWFUL temper on the littlest things and Bugs Bunny characters were pretty violent.

That being said, I do find the animation "ugly" though compared to the classic Mickey Mouse style .

I guess I would have preferred an animation style similar to that from "Get a Horse" .. and at first I thought that is what it would be because the ride concept seems similar to the concept of that short where you go "in and out" of the film itself.

"Get a Horse" was a great cartoon and it definitely fits the plot line of the new ride. For anyone who has not seen this cartoon go to youtube or elsewhere and watch it!

I know, but I'm hoping the whole ride isn't that design. The original rumor was that the ride takes you through the history of the Mickey Mouse cartoons. I'm hoping that is still the case, where you are on a runaway train going through the different eras of cartoons.
That may be the original rumor but it doesn't match the actual announcement from Saturday. The announcement seems pretty clear to me, it's a single story and all on this new design

So, I just don't know what 2 1/2 D is? I've never been on Ratatoullie. Will we just go through and see painted walls and standing Mickey/Minnie Characters?

Nobody knows for sure what 2.5D is, it's brand new for this ride. No 3D glasses needed.

Ratatouille is 3D (you wear glasses).

So, I just don't know what 2 1/2 D is? I've never been on Ratatoullie. Will we just go through and see painted walls and standing Mickey/Minnie Characters?
Think of a ride like Winnie the Pooh or Peter Pan. Your vehicle is on a track that you can see. This ride will not have a track you can see it is trackless. We don't know a lot about 2 1/2 D yet.

I'm not sure anyone knows exactly either. The various articles try to describe it. There are some that give a bit more details than others

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter