Great buy at the Disney Story today

sherry7

DIS Veteran
Hi DIS'ers. I was at the mall today and found some good buys at the Disney Store. They had their normally $14.99 character tee's for 50% off. I got Mickey, Tigger, and Grumpy, and I think they also had Pooh and maybe one other. The hooded zip-up sweatshirts that are normally $29.99 were also 50% off. They had Mickey and Pooh in these. The regular sweatshirts (no hood) that are normally $19.99 are 25% off. I used my Disney Club card for the first time today and got an extra 10% off. But best of all, the CM handed me a lime green card (gotta love that lime) for $10 off any purchase from Sept 1 to Sept 8. There is no minimum purchase, but you can not get change back from the $10 card. You also can't use it on park passes, Disney dollars, gift certificates, etc.

Oh don't tell me that!!!! I was in there yesterday and bought a sweatshirt for 19.99!!!! Guess I need to get my receipt and get a price adjustment. :(

Went to my local DS and got a Tigger Nite Shirt, Dark Blue Tigger T-shirt, Tigger Socks, Tigger Sweatshirt, and a Discounted Atlantis TS for DS. W/ DC club 10% was LESS than $60. Since my inital purchace was over $60, I got TWO lime green cards! YOU MUST use them between Sept 1-8. If you snooze, you loose!!

Jacquelyn:D

Did they just mark things down further today? I was just at the Disney Store yesterday and they had some things at 25% off but nothing for 50%.

Maybe I will have to make another trip tomorrow to see what is going on at the Disney Store my me. It seems that I am always missing a good sale a day too late and all the good stuff is picked over by time I find out about them.

Thanks for the heads up!! I will have to make a trip to DS tomorrow.

I was at TDS last night and bought a hooded Eeyore sweatshirt (reg. $29.99) for 50% off and a video. They did NOT give me a $10 coupon for future shopping, as they decided to end the promotion that very day! :(

I purchased the sweatshirt at full price on Monday and went back today for the price adjustment :)!

I also purchased other items and still received the green $10 card since it was over $30. Also rec'vd a 10% discount coupon for purchase in September (after the $10 g/c redemption) and another 10% off coupon for pj's (since I bought a pair for myself) that is good into 2002.

NancyIL: Take your receipt back - the coupon sale has been reinstated until this Saturday. You need to pick up your $10 gift coupon!

In order to receive the $10 gift card you must have purchased a minimum of $30 pre-tax and *after any discount* (including the 10% Disney Club card). Jacquelyn11, you must have had an uninformed CM ring you up (lucky for you!). I felt it necessary to post this so everyone doesn't expect to get the gift cards if they are not spending the minimum necessary.

I didn't get one of these coupons, but I did get the BEST deal yesterday at my local DS, so I can't complain. Are you ready for this --

100 Years of Magic Sweatshirts for $13.50 EACH!!! Yes, the brand new blue ones. I found two of them on the 50% off rack, and sure enough, they were $15 (marked down from $30). With my DC card, I got 10% off, and there's no sales tax on Clothing in New York City.

I am now ready for my trip in November!!

Donna

Thank you, Teena! After I read your post, I called TDS and asked if the promotion was still going on. I explained that I didn't get a $10 coupon last night, and the woman told me to come into the store ASAP with my receipt and I'd get my coupon. It sure pays to read the DIS! :D

That's great that you found those 100th birthday sweatshirts!!

I just went to a DS today and I only bought things that were 50% off (that zipper up sweatshirt for me!) and my 2 year old's costume. I also used a McDonald's coupon.

My total before all discounts: $142 plus tax. My total after all discounts: $69. including taxes. I didn't get the $10 coupons; they said they ran out. But I told them to call a DS in Boston where my husband works for a Jasmine costume for my 5 year old DD. That store had the costume and put a hold on it for me and they still have the $10 coupons!! I asked if I had my husband pick up the costume and also bring my receipt for my purchases today, if I could get my $10 coupons and the manager of that store said YES. So tomorrow, when my husband buys the costume he'll get 3 of the $10 coupons because he'll spend another $32 (after 20%) coupon from McDonald's!!

I'm happy. I just hope my poor husband doesn't have any problems with this tomorrow.

I only found out about this $10 coupon from this board and also about the McDonald's coupons so thank you very much!!:D :D :D

friend who is having a baby in October mark downs for clothing good for fall/winter at 50% off plus I also had my 20% off McDonalds coupon. (In fact I still have two of those left - they are good till the end of September) These sales and coupons are blowing my budget for our trip in December but, I did get my DD and I the Eeyore hooded sweatshirts, T-Shirt for DH, and few other things for our trip. This is after all our christmas present. So, I'll wrap them all up and we'll have more gifts to open at Disney World.

Oh how I love that mouse :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Can someone (in NY or NJ) who has been to TDS after Wed. 8/22 tell me if they actually got the lime green $10 gift card for each $30 spent? I saw Teena's post saying it has been reinstated until Saturday (8/25) but I shopped at TDS today (Friday 8/24) and was told the promo ended on Wed. 8/22 therefore I only received red 10% off coupons for future purchase. After I read the post I had to call back TDS here in Staten Isl. to find out if maybe my CM today was unaware of this. I was assured by an assistant manager again tonight that in fact they ended the promo on the lime green cards on Wednesday company wide.
Guess I really shouldn't feel so bad about this as I did have a 20% off McD's coupon and every item I purchased was on sale too BUT I did spend nearly $200 on some early xmas shopping so I would have loved this ($10 card per $30 spent) !! Should I call another TDS?

Yes, nice deals!

I had to buy a B-day gift for a 5 yo girl (I have a boy). So I bought an embroidered dress with pooh and piglet and a matching purse for about $15 total! Yay!

Bought stuff for myself and also a neat lime green Mickey head pen! SOOOOOOOO cooool.

I received a 10% coupon and a $10 gift card to boot. Gotta love it...

Sounds like you got some good deals! I love to go shopping!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter