• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand gathering, multiple rooms, and the DDP????

3PRINCESSMOM

Used to be 3PRINCESSMOM, but alas she nows has a P
We'll be part of a grand gathering, however we have planned a few meals separately. My oldest daughter is actually registered in my sister's room. When she eats with us how will we pay with credits? At each meal she eats with us will I have to let them know so they can give us 2 checks? I am wondering if at our first couple of meals all together we have my sister use up the credits that would be my daughter's so then the rest of the time we'll just use our's. Does this make sense? Advice anybody???

I have just planned a Grand Gathering for 10 of us :headache: Most of the time we will all be eating together; On one occasion, however, we will be split into three different groups. We will have to get separate checks on ALL the meals for the three different parties involved. Your case is a little more complicated. Your DD doesn't have meals allocated to her - they are allocated to the room. Your sister can't use "your daughter's meals" - they come out of the room total. How you allocate those credits is up to you. If you want to call them "my daughter's" - go for it. It should not be hard to make sure everyone get's a fair share of the DDP.

while we're all together, my sister will use the credits from her room so that when we are not together I will use the credits from my room. This way I will not have to ask for separate checks.

My sister's room = 2adults (my sis and my DD13) + 2 kids (her 2 DDs) X 8nights = 32 table service

My room = 2adults (me and DH) + 2 kids (DD9, DD6) X 8nights = 32 table service

However when we think of it divided by families
mine= 40 table service
hers= 24 table service

Won't your DD have a room key with your sister's credits acsessible? You could just have he charge her meal onto her room card.

Perhaps I am thinking the whole getting 2 checks at every meal thing is more complicated than it actually is. I completely understand that at any of the meals we eat separately from the group I CAN have me, DH, DD9 and DD 6 pay with credits from our room and have DD13 pay with credits from her room (aka my sister's room). What I am saying is that perhaps we should use up 8 TS credits from my sister's allocation early in the trip so that once we do that we will then be able to just use credits from our room key for the later meals, where we won't all be together. If the separate checks thing is no big deal then it really doesn't matter, I guess.

I think either way sounds fine. I don't think 2 checks is a big deal and I like your idea too. It makes sense.

We are in a similar situation. We will be traveling with some friends and eating many of our meals together. I thought that we would probably get one check for all of us and tell the servier how many credits to take from each room key. does anyone know if that will be a problem?

I guess I was fretting about nothing. Appreciate the comments!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter