• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Floridian Main Bldg Standard View or Sugarloaf

WDWDancer

Recruiting Mouse
Are room sizes the same? We are a party of 5 (2 adults, 4 yr old, twin 2 yr olds). Which would you choose and why? We are traveling during Christmas holidays

Same size rooms. I would book RPC (main building). Lounge is so nice. And you can enjoy listening to the orchestra or piano from the lounge. Advantage of everything in one building.

I agree with Sue M that I'd book RPC. RPC is amazing as the lounge is large and spacious with beautiful views of the grounds and it's very relaxing to sit and listen to the orchestra :cloud9:.

Another for RPC...especially during the holidays. The smell of the gingerbread house is heavenly and as mentioned above, the pianist and orchestra in the evening are just the icing on the cake. I love the lounge at RPC. It is so open and roomy.

Without a doubt main building—By far our favorite. It’s great to have everything in one building + the live music. We would stay at most other CLs over the SL since it’s in the middle of the lobby in a side building. Food offerings are the same but it doesn’t do it for us.

My kids loved the Grand. They really enjoyed everything the main building had to offer. They want to live there.

My kids loved the Grand. They really enjoyed everything the main building had to offer. They want to live there.

We were married there and our oldest daughter is enamoured with looking at the photos and telling me over and over she cannot believe she gets to see where we got married lol

I hate to be negative about a place because there are pros and cons with all the the CL options... but SL is our least favorite CL. There are certain trips where it makes sense for us and gosh knows the price is often materially more attractive than RPC. But generally speaking I’d vote RPC more often than not.

I hate to be negative about a place because there are pros and cons with all the the CL options... but SL is our least favorite CL. There are certain trips where it makes sense for us and gosh knows the price is often materially more attractive than RPC. But generally speaking I’d vote RPC more often than not.

What is it that you dislike? Just the atmosphere?

SL is located in one of the outer buildings - essentially the same as the regular rooms at the GF. The lounge seems like an afterthought and is squeezed into the small atrium in the building. It is more of a place to grab a quick bite than a relaxing lounge where you might be inclined to spend time. Most other CL lounges offer nice views or a convivial atmosphere and are a pleasant gathering place for hors d'oeuvres or even just a place to linger while enjoying a beverage.

I was thinking the ambience would be more entertaining for the kids at RPC. I went ahead and booked it lol

You won't be disappointed! Have a great time :wizard:.

SL is located in one of the outer buildings - essentially the same as the regular rooms at the GF. The lounge seems like an afterthought and is squeezed into the small atrium in the building. It is more of a place to grab a quick bite than a relaxing lounge where you might be inclined to spend time. Most other CL lounges offer nice views or a convivial atmosphere and are a pleasant gathering place for hors d'oeuvres or even just a place to linger while enjoying a beverage.

I agree! I didn't find the SL lounge to have a very relaxing atmosphere as it felt more like a cafeteria atmosphere to me :(.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter