Grand Floridian DVC Info, Speculation, and Update Thread - Part 1!

I personally can't....have you seen pictures of the crowds Christmas week? :eek: I just can't picture spending a week with crowds every Christmas. If you "lock" in that week, are you still allowed to use the points at other DVCs during the year?

Personally, if I were to ever lock in a week, it would be the third week of October at BWV....Food & Wine, my favorite!!! :goodvibes

My understanding is that you have the option of forgoing your fixed week and using your points elsewhere in any given year. I suppose that means you can also bank and borrow them. But I haven't verified any of this with a sales guide.

My understanding is that you have the option of forgoing your fixed week and using your points elsewhere in any given year. I suppose that means you can also bank and borrow them. But I haven't verified any of this with a sales guide.

Yes they can be banked and borrowed.

Once converted from FW to reg points, they are like any other points, they keep their home resort priority, can be used to make a reservation at VGF at 11 months for a different size room or category and everywhere else at 7 months.

:earsboy: Bill

I personally can't....have you seen pictures of the crowds Christmas week? :eek: I just can't picture spending a week with crowds every Christmas. If you "lock" in that week, are you still allowed to use the points at other DVCs during the year?

Personally, if I were to ever lock in a week, it would be the third week of October at BWV....Food & Wine, my favorite!!! :goodvibes

Seen? We are the crowds that week, and in those pictures. pixiedust:

Far and away our favorite week. MK is open 20 hours a day, 3 Fantasmics a night, Extended Illuminations each night, NYE preview midnight fireworks at MK the night before NYE then again NYE.

Yes they can be banked and borrowed.

Once converted from FW to reg points, they are like any other points, they keep their home resort priority, can be used to make a reservation at VGF at 11 months for a different size room or category and everywhere else at 7 months.

Even better to have options. :thumbsup2

You have to experience it, to appreciate it. We go ever year for Christmas week and love it! Yes it is crowded, but if you are a veteran of the parks you will be able to cope. But for that time a year, its not about the rides......its about celebrating the season and ringing in the New Year! Disney does both like no other!

I couldn't agree with this more!
We went last Xmas for the 1st time and was expecting to be miserable with the crowds. That never happend! It was the best time ever! We never waited in line! We only went to MK and Epcot but we went early and got everything done before lunch! The atmosphere, the resorts, the family time, was just priceless!

It would be a dream come true for me to spend every Xmas week at the GFV :)

Am I missing something?
Christmas week is 1419 points. At $145 per point, the cost is $205,755. Add MF of $5, and you pay $7095 per year for the use. So it's $1,000 per day without even amortizing the purchase cost!
Wouldn't it be a lot cheaper to just buy a house?

OK, I stand corrected. That means the cost is $226,345. Amortize that over the 51 years of the contract, and that comes to $4,438 per year. Add in MF of (currently) $5.41, and that is $7,676 per year. So the cost to stay there a week is $12,114, or $1730 per day.

I think your figures are off some because there aren't 51 years but 50 years and 3 months in the contract (opens October 23, 2013). BTW, we just took the tour and both (there are two each week) GW GVs for weeks 51 and 52 are sold.

If you price a suite at GF for those weeks you'd pay much more according to MouseSavers.com the rates are $2776 to $3306 per night for large suites during that week. And if you bought a house your maintenance costs would be much higher and so would your taxes and insurance. I'm not even sure you could purchase a 2800 sq. ft. house for that price in a decent neighborhood with similar upgrades within 30 minutes of MK. And you still wouldn't have an MK lake view a nor the convenience of doing quick trip to MK to celebrate the holidays.

You have to experience it, to appreciate it. We go ever year for Christmas week and love it! Yes it is crowded, but if you are a veteran of the parks you will be able to cope. But for that time a year, its not about the rides......its about celebrating the season and ringing in the New Year! Disney does both like no other!

Seen? We are the crowds that week, and in those pictures. pixiedust:

Far and away our favorite week. MK is open 20 hours a day, 3 Fantasmics a night, Extended Illuminations each night, NYE preview midnight fireworks at MK the night before NYE then again NYE.

I couldn't agree with this more!
We went last Xmas for the 1st time and was expecting to be miserable with the crowds. That never happend! It was the best time ever! We never waited in line! We only went to MK and Epcot but we went early and got everything done before lunch! The atmosphere, the resorts, the family time, was just priceless!

It would be a dream come true for me to spend every Xmas week at the GFV :)

Okay, you guys talked me into it, I guess I'll have to try it at least once! I just hate crowds, but with my DIS friends, I'm sure I can figure out the best times to avoid the worse! :goodvibes

Okay, you guys talked me into it, I guess I'll have to try it at least once! I just hate crowds, but with my DIS friends, I'm sure I can figure out the best times to avoid the worse! :goodvibes

Just go in early December, same sights, same sounds, less people. IMO there isn't any additional benefit for going closer or during Christmas week.

Does anyone know how many lake view studios and how many standard view studios there will be? Thanks!

I found legal documents stating that DVD will develop VGF in phases, that each floor is a phase, and drawings for the first 4 floors.

Has anyone seen the legal docs and drawings for the 5th and 6th floors?

Our Guide says that the entire resort will be open in October.

I totally forgot to ask my guide this, but do our dues start now or when the resort formally opens in October?
Your dues will be pro-rated from the later of your purchase date, the start of your initial Use Year and the occupancy date of the Unit you purchased.

I found legal documents stating that DVD will develop VGF in phases, that each floor is a phase, and drawings for the first 4 floors.

Has anyone seen the legal docs and drawings for the 5th and 6th floors?

Our Guide says that the entire resort will be open in October.

The Component Site Public Offering Statement that DVC provided when I purchased VGF shows the layouts of all six floors, at least for the GVs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter