Grammys

To me, describing a woman as skanky has a negative connotation, even if was meant in a 'nice way'
I get what you’re saying, but honestly? That’s just the vibe she gives me.
Like I said, I really like her. :)

How would you describe her?

I don’t think Beyoncé wanted JayZ to say any of that about her. She’s pretty quiet and private. When they panned to her it looked like she cringed a bit.

Beyoncé is the Taylor Swift of the black community. Just like Taylor has the “Swifties” Beyoncé has the “BeyHive🐝.” They can be nuttier than the Swifties IMO.

Jay-Z is in every conversation as one of the GOATs in the rap game. Yea he cheated on his wife but I’ve never heard him called a loser or anything bad (outside of the cheating) until this board. But that makes sense.

What I took from his speech was for artists not to let these awards determine your worth as an artist. Keep doing what you’re doing regardless of what you win. At the end it’s all about votes and opinions.

I like all of their music and work ethics. I’m not into overly defending these artists like their cult followers. But I can appreciate their hard work.

Last edited:
All these awards shows are really foolish now. Same with the movie award shows. Normally what critics love I hate, and what I critics hate. Ratings for all of these awards shows have plummeted in recent years.

It’s a bunch of incredibly wealthy people meeting up to congratulate each other on how great they think they are.

I get what you’re saying, but honestly? That’s just the vibe she gives me.
Like I said, I really like her. :)

How would you describe her?
I understand what you are feeling. I am of an age where skank and other words were thrown around without a thought. I just think it is worth thinking about how those words perpetuate the idea that a woman who is open with her sexuality is quite often called terrible names.

The best part was nobody knew she was going to be there and the first shot was just of her Guitar and then they panned up to her face.

One of the best moments in Grammy history IMO.

They definitely announced (or leaked) that Chapman was going to be there. I knew a day or so in advance and texted my kids so they'd watch.

Here's a story from variety from 5 days ago: https://variety.com/2024/music/news/tracy-chapman-luke-combs-grammys-perform-1235891995/

I'm guessing that the Grammys knew that older folks who would not normally make watching the Grammys a priority would tune in to watch her. So it was smart to leak/announce it ahead of time.

Yes, that’s my opinion too. Otherwise, I believe the producers would have held them out of sight until a commercial break.

And there's no way Noah would have slighted TSwift when he listed the other female nominees without there being a known chance to name her (as she came in).

They definitely announced (or leaked) that Chapman was going to be there. I knew a day or so in advance and texted my kids so they'd watch.

Here's a story from variety from 5 days ago: https://variety.com/2024/music/news/tracy-chapman-luke-combs-grammys-perform-1235891995/

I'm guessing that the Grammys knew that older folks who would not normally make watching the Grammys a priority would tune in to watch her. So it was smart to leak/announce it ahead of time.
I’m pretty sure I heard a few days in advance that Tracy Chapman would be appearing. As for attracting the Geezer viewers, it was well known that Joni Mitchell and Billy Joel would be there.

Joni is the main reason I watched from the beginning. As it turned out, I enjoyed most of the show.

I’m pretty sure I heard a few days in advance that Tracy Chapman would be appearing. As for attracting the Geezer viewers, it was well known that Joni Mitchell and Billy Joel would be there.

Joni is the main reason I watched from the beginning. As it turned out, I enjoyed most of the show.

Also true. For me (the very last of the boomers), I was most interested in Chapman (though I likely would have watched anyway).

I understand what you are feeling. I am of an age where skank and other words were thrown around without a thought. I just think it is worth thinking about how those words perpetuate the idea that a woman who is open with her sexuality is quite often called terrible names.
Saying she is open with her sexuality is definitely a nice way of putting it.
But I think that can be said of many of today’s performers.
Miley just takes it to the next level.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter