Gracious living at the Swan

GoofyinNY

<font color=FF66FF>To be tagged is to wait happily
Our thanks to Dreamflight 99, Blondie, Glo, and everyone that had such wonderful things to say about the Swan and Dolphin.

We just got back from a fantastic vacation. We stayed at the Swan, which has newly renovated rooms that are quite beautiful. We ate most of our meals at Tubbi's, which is in the Dolphin. We have a 6-year-old, so buffets and cafeterias are more suitable for us.

I don't think my words will do justice to the warmth and kindness of the staff of the Swan and the Dolphin. The staff at Tubbi's was just phenomenal. Approximately one month before we were scheduled to leave, I developed a medical problem that required some strict changes in diet - no dairy, no products with yeast, etc. I called Tubbi's the day before I was due to arrive and left a voice message for Kim, one of the managers of Tubbi's and the Dolphin Fountain, asking if they could order soy products and yeast-free bread. When we arrived, there was a note from Kim that the soy products had arrived and the bread would be in later.

I met Kim at Tubbi's on the day we checked in, and she was wonderful. She actually brought the chef and several of Tubbi's staff to meet me so that they would know me and would be familiar with the items that had been ordered. They were all so gracious. They never seemed to mind interrupting the flow of things to get the items I asked for or to prepare something in a different way.

As for the Swan itself, it is gorgeous, and the Dolphin has a kind of "time-stand-still grandiloquence." We loved them both, and will probably alternate between the two hotels in the future. As for magical moments -- how about returning to the Swan after viewing Spectro Magic, parking the car, only to stand tranfixed in the parking lot as the music from Fantasmic soars overhead -- or lounging on the beach as DH and DS pedal around the lake in a swan boat at the end of the day ...

GoofyinNY, thanks for the report, we are leaving for Swan on Friday and will be there for 6 nights at the club level.

However, I am getting concerned that I will be setting myself for disappointment after everyone's raving about the hotel.:(

I don't think you will be disappointed. The Swan and Dolphin are so beautiful.

My DH felt just like you before we left. He had a terrible case of cold feet. Now, to use his expression, he is just "ga ga" about the Swan and Dolphin. I don't think I could pry him or DS away from either hotel. Of course, I wouldn't want to pry them away.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :wave:

Hi I am counting down now and only have 30 days !!!! can you please tell me of your Grotto Pool experiences.. ( I will be traveling w/ kids 9& 6 and friend w/ kids 7 & 5 ) Thanks Michelle

The grotto pool was wonderful. It's great for all ages. It has so many sections. The waterfall is in the center, but most of the young children seemed to stay towards the two ends during our stay. One end is self-contained and is great for keeping an eye on spirited children. The depth of the self contained area (like most of the grotto pool) is mostly 3 feet and goes to 4 feet in the center. There is a separate kiddie pool.

The waterfall is beautiful and is in the 3 foot section. The water slide ends in 4 feet of water. I never worked up the nerve to try the slide, but the kids seemed to be having a blast. There is also a section where you can play water volleyball. I guess I would describe the grotto pool as a kind of a pool complex. It was alway busy, but never hectic.

Life jackets are abundant and are provided at no charge. You can rent water floats to drift around the pool. There is also this sandy area that sits next to the pools that has a seal that squirts water. It was a definite hit with my son. The playground is adjacent to the beach and the area with seal.

It is just a fabulous place!

By the way, my son also loved the quiet pools, and we would alternate between all of the pools.

Thanks for the great description.. I will have to try the slide at least once ( i wear contacts so once is plenty for me ! ) but sounds like my kids will love it !! Oh i can't wait .. Michelle

Welcome back! Glad you found the Swan and Dolphin resorts as special as we do! :D

Welcome Back! What a Magnificent post...especially with the "highlights" of all the Special things (prepared in advance) offered by the staff to make your visit PERFECT! The staff operating in these resorts just never cease to amaze me. They will go out of their way to make your stay as Magical & Memorable as possible. Thanks again, for the wonderful post...and the details of your visit. ;)

Thanks for the so wonderful post ! I will have my 3rd December stay there THIS December and I cannot wait.
My last few vacations have been solo, and this one will be, too.

Hi Goofy, we are neighbors...
I couldn't agree with you more about the Swan! It was the lovliest Disney vacation we EVER had! The whole experience was just incredible and I can not wait to go back! We might try the Dolphin next time too!

Emmy

Hi Neighbor,

You're absolutely right, it was the best Disney vacation! We've already started planning our April trip. Actually, DH would like to go again before April. We're excited about staying at the Dolphin.

We will be at the Dolphin April 2-9 of 2004 (God willing)! I think we will go with the Dolphin and see which we like better, though I must say my heart was stolen by the Swan!!

Are you lower Westchester or closer to my Putnam County border? I am hoping the weather warms here soon, I miss the sun and warmth of Florida desperately!

Have a great weekend!

Emmy

I love the Swan, I think it is its understated elegance that I love,but love the Dolphin in at Christmas time with all the beautiful decorations. I am so glad that all of our posts were so helpful. I have never had any trouble with any of the staff at either hotel. They have always been extremely helpful. I was told by a manager there, that S/D staff go through the same type of training that the WDW resort staff goes through. They have to because they are on WDW property and the hotels are billed that way.

I am glad you loved the hotel as much as I do. Nothing more Disney that the memories you shared with us :)

We checked in today at Swan and love the room. Much nicer than I ever anticipated and great service!!!

I wish we were still at the Swan. Have a wonderful time!

Emmy,
We live in mid-Westchester. We spend most of our summer weekends in Columbia County, so we pass through Putnam. We always stop at the Red Rooster on Route 22 or DH pouts. Have a great weekend.

We are staying at a Club Level room. I think this turned out to be better than having a balcony room on another floor. It is way too hot to use the balcony. Also the room seems bigger than Disney's because it has a much higher ceiling. I am not sure if it is really that much bigger say than BC or YC in acutal #.

We love our view which actually looks out to the front of the hotel and to the right is ToT and to the left is BWV and it main pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter