"government-issued photo ID"?

Bedknobs/Broomsticks

Earning My Ears
SWA's website says that adults are required to show a "government-issued photo ID" to board. Um... I don't have one! My NJ driver's license, which is still valid for another 2 1/2 years, is the non-picture type. My passport is from 1978 (when I was 12) and, even if I could find it, the picture looks nothing like me. We leave for WDW in 7 days. Is this going to be a problem? :scared1:

Yes, I think NJ will now give you a photo ID. You may need to go get one.
SW is not the problem the TSA is. They may let you board with just the NJ ID, but you need to be prepared. You and EVERYTHING you bring can and proably will be detail searched.

Do you have any photo IDs? I checked www.tsa.gov and found nothing that indicates there are any exceptions for NJ.

SW isn't as much the problem (since you can get your boarding pass on line and not go to the check-in counter at all), however, at our airport, you wouldn't get past security. I'm in NY. Call the airport and ask if there is an exception for NJ people. Be sure to check with Orlando airport too, to see if they will let you through security.

Sorry, but you have to update your drivers license to include your picture. You can have it done for free at motor vehicles.

From the TSA website:

>>>>Proper Identification

If you have a paper ticket for a domestic flight, passengers age 18 and over must present one form of photo identification issued by a local state or federal government agency (e.g.: passport/drivers license/military ID), or two forms of non-photo identification, one of which must have been issued by a state or federal agency (e.g.: U.S. social security card). For an international flight, you will need to present a valid passport, visa, or any other required documentation. Passengers without proper ID may be denied boarding.

For e-tickets, you will need to show your photo identification and e-ticket receipt to receive your boarding pass.

There are four ways to obtain a boarding pass:

Go to your airline's ticket counter at the airport
Use curbside check-in
Use your airline's self-service ticket kiosk in the airport lobby
Print the boarding pass from your airline's website

Note: Persons with parental, official, medical business or similar reasons may be able to access the checkpoint, but should check with their airline for required documentation.<<<<<

Great news! My husband just reminded me that I do have a valid passport! How could I have forgotten my brother's wild Brazilian wedding in 2001?!? :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter