Got Myself in a Pickle

RweTHEREyet

DIS Veteran
Dang it all to Southwest anyway.
I checked airfares yesterday to see if anything cheap for a last minute weekend trip. Nothing, all really cheap fares gone. So today, along comes ding, offering $29.00 from Raleigh to Orlando. So I call and find out I can get an OKW studio for 2 nights good deal. I don't book it then, need to make sure I can still get the airfare once I get into Southwest's system. :rotfl2: Airfare is is still available, so I jump on it. Call MS back to book room and guess what, I can only get one night (Saturday). After much deliberation, I book it and wait list for Sunday, also waitlist anywhere for Sat and Sun. So, now I have a room for 1 night and need 2. What are the chances of it coming thru?!?!?!? Probably slim and none.

The part I really don't like is that if I cancel the one night at OKW, they are then holding points because I booked it is less than 30 days out.

So, if anyone has an OKW studio they don't need for Nov. 6, or anywhere for that matter, I will take it. If worse comes to worse, I can get Pop Century for $89.00. Don't really want to move one night of only a 2 day trip.

I think that this is one gift horse (Southwest) that I should have looked in the mouth this one time. Because I am gonna worry myself sick about that one night coming thru. One night for a trip I didn't have any business taking anyway. :rotfl:

Oh, there was a BWV 1 bedroom available for 71 points for both nights, but I didn't want to blow those points to arrive early on Sat and leave on Monday night. I have been trying hard not borrow points for anything, and that would have shot that effort right out of the water.

My guess - your waitlist will clear and sooner than later. Even if it is inside the 31 day cancellation window.

How many reservations do you think were confirmed for that one night while you were making your air reservations? My guess very few. All you need is that many cancellations before you get what you need - OKW being as large as it is works to your advantage.

Have a great 2 day last minute getaway at OKW. Travel safe.

I really do appreciate the words of encouragement. The words I got from MS were, "We are now in the penalty window, and members that were going to cancel have probably already done so." That didn't leave me with much hope, on top of the fact that my luck with wait lists has not been very good at all.

I hope you are the one that is right in this situation.

What about booking at a moderate for the the other night if your waitlist doesn't come through?

I can get Pop Century, but I hate to move one night of a two-night trip. Also, the whole trip was totally unnecessary, since we were there in May, June and again in July. I just couldn't resist the dirt cheap airfare, have an AP, so wouldn't have to buy tickets, and staying with DVC meant no hotel charge. It was gonna be a cheap :rotfl2: cheap :rotfl2: cheap :rotfl2: last minute Disney trip. :rolleyes: I may have to go ahead a book something just as a backup. If I hadn't gone ahead and booked OKW, I could have cancelled the airfare and left the credit with Southwest. I guess deep down I wanted to lock myself into the trip.

you need to call MS back asap and ask again about the dates you need.
then each day i would call twice a day until something opens. Inventory changes every minute. I had called last minute or actually a week before arrival and nothing available, then i called back a few hours later and got okw 1 bd , then i called the day before we left, actually on our way to DE for a wedding and i snatched up BCV 1 bd for two nights. keep calling ! :goodvibes

jaysue said:
Was there any OKW inventory for cash?

cheers
jaysue

Yes, I could have a studio for $217.00 !!!!!!!
Makes Pop at $89 look pretty good to me.
Also had a 1 bedroom at BWV for one night for 24 points. If I have to move, it might as well be for a lot less money or not that many points.

Not trying to be picky, just want exactly what I want, you know what I mean
:blush:

wdwstar,
A friend of mine actually suggested that I call and pester them to pieces, too, so that is what I am going to do starting tomorrow. Do you ever get embarassed that you call in so often?

dont be :blush: , you probably wont even get the same ms cm when you call , besides just blame it on " it a special trip and you have your airfare and you are not going to stop calling until you get two nights togther at the same resort", MS cant blame you for not wanting to move. Pixie Dust to you !
keep us updated ! :goodvibes

RweTHEREyet - Can you just bite the bullet and see if you can pay cash for the second night?

with the svings on airfare, I would book the 2nd night at OKW, and keep my fingers crossed that a room opens up on points!!!! since its such a short trip, why ruin it by spending time moving. I always look at it as my time is worth money!! so that way I can justify it!!! :teeth:

SORRY! Just realized my previous suggestion is a repeat.

Hope your waitlist comes through!!!

I think it's great that you made the ressie, and I do hope your second night becomes available in an OKW studio, just what you want!

I enjoy the excitment of waiting with you!

Bobbi :flower:

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
This soooooooo sounds like something I would do! I'm crossing my fingers for you on your waitlist!

I'm not the superstitious type, but my last post brough this to 13 - and you need all the luck you can get - so here's 14 for you! ;)

Oh wow, you guys made me feel better. I was beginning to feel like a nut case for trying to pull this off.

I did call this morning and now they have no studios anywhere and only a few 1 bedrooms for Nov 5 and 6. Still crossing those fingers.

I do have a CM friend that can get me a great rate at Pop Century. I think I am going to have her book that for me as my backup.

As far as moving. I don't mind moving for one night if I have to. Since the trip is short, there won't be much luggage, Disney will move it for me and all I have to do is go back to a different resort on Sunday night than I did on Saturday. Short stay, no groceries to move. One bag for clean clothes, one for dirty and packing is done. Don't get me wrong, would rather not move, but.............would rather go and move one night than not go. :sunny:

thinking out loud here, if I cancel my one OKW night and stay at Pop for both nights then I don't have to move. But then points go into holding. Are holding points a real pain to deal with?

I guess using holding points would depend on where in your use year you are, and if you have some wiggle room in any future plans to substitute those points for ones you have already planned to use. Are all of your plans for busy times? Can you add on a Friday or Saturday night which may be open closer to your travel?

Haven't had/used holding points.

Pixie dust! We stayed 1 night at Pop in Sept. and liked it so much, we're going back for 2 nights in January before our BWV visit, of course the great rate does help!

Bobbi :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter