• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GoPro in the Parks

Tyler Chapman

Earning My Ears
I am looking for some advice or tips from people who have taken a GoPro into the parks. What accessories did you bring with you, what attractions or sights did you use it most at, or anything you can share! I have recently become addicted to using my GoPro for taking all kinds of pictures and videos whenever I'm doing literally anything. And I will be returning to WDW this October and want to make sure I am as prepared as possible!

Thanks in advance for any help!

All I ever bring is the GoPro handler unless I am sailing on a Disney Cruise. For that you need to have two hands available for the aquaduck so I bring a headstrap.

You can actually see it in some of my shots

Handler_PDP_1.jpg

Awesome, video! That was another question of mine. I was afraid they might consider The Handler to be a "selfie stick" and not allow it in the park, good to know that it is good to go.

Awesome, video! That was another question of mine. I was afraid they might consider The Handler to be a "selfie stick" and not allow it in the park, good to know that it is good to go.
Nope..as long as it doesnt extend it's okay. I had two guards question it but once I explained to them that it wasn't telescoping they agreed and let it in with me

I would highly recommend the GoPro Karma Grip Stabilizer. It really makes your videos look incredible whether just walking down main street or riding big thunder mountain.

I would highly recommend the GoPro Karma Grip Stabilizer. It really makes your videos look incredible whether just walking down main street or riding big thunder mountain.

This is definitely going to be one of my future purchases. I just got the Hero 5 Black and I want the Karma grip, but I want to just save up so I can buy the Karma Drone which comes with the Grip. Seems like the wisest option.

Just wanted to mention, I got one of the handles for GoPro on eBay for around $7-8 dollars. Obviously, not GoPro brand, though. It's yellow with a black grip and the bottom screws open so you can store extra cash or small stuff. It's also supposed to float and be waterproof but I have not tested this out.

a head strap is best for hands free shooting,the chest strap will make the shot bounce with your steps.

Not sure if you have any young kids traveling with you, but I've seen some people clip their GoPro onto the stroller and it comes out pretty cool

We use ours every trip. I have the go pro floating yellow handle. Looks similar to the one pictured above. I want to get the wrist strap for water parks. Be sure to have a couple extra batteries too. I have to chest harness, head harness, and clip. Have never used any of those at the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter