Goofy's Kitchen for Dinner

diznefreak

Mouseketeer
We are interested in trying Goofy's Kitchen for Dinner on our first night at the DLH.We have done the breakfast numerous times and thought since we were not planning on doing the parks that day that it would be fun to get into the Disney spirit.
My question is- Is Dinner just as crowded as breakfast and when would be the best time for a priority seating?

Hi diznefreak, It has turned into a tradition where we always do Goofy's Kitchen for dinner on our first night there for the same reason... Getting into the spirit, and getting it out of the way so that we did not use up a park night for it.

This last time, we had a large group of 14, and 6 of them I added to the reservation just a day before. We went in September so I know that helped where crowds were concerned. I think if you want to minimize waiting or crowds if you are going at a busier time, is to book as early to their opening as possible. But of course, it depends on your circumstances. As a large group we booked the first seating and got in right away.

Yes, dinner can be a little busy, but the spirit there is so fun and lively, that as long as you have a table, that is all I cared about. We even had several characters that came around to us 2 or 3 times. We had a blast at dinner this last time!

I dont think dinner is typically as busy at breakfast. I would try to pick an off dinner time- either earlier or later then normal. I think they start dinner at 4pm, that would be a good early time as most are going to plan for 5-6 pm. If you want later I would go around 7 when the peak time is over.

I just checked my PS time for dinner at Goofy's Kitchen - It's at 5:50. Does this mean we're likely to have quite a wait even with the PS? What time do you think we should arrive? Don't want to be standing around too long in public with cranky, hungry children! (Also don't want to fill them up with snacks before dinner, timing is everything.)

I've had good luck with 5:00 seatings -- limited waits and all the characters made it to our table in well under an hour. I went for a 7:30 PS during summer and there was a 20-30 minute wait and it took around 90 minutes once seated for all the characters to make it to our table. I would think 5:50 would be OK, but earlier might be better, especially if you're going during a busy time (holiday or summer).

This is DS1's birthday dinner (he turns two that day), so wouldn't mind lingering over dinner, but since it sounds like it will be very busy, maybe I will see if I can push the time up a bit. Thank you for the advice!

We went once at 7:00, what a nightmare! Now, I always go for a 5:00 p.m. seating and seldom wait more than 5 or 10 minutes for our table. Once inside I am always amazed at how many empty tables there are. We generally see characters more than once as it takes them so little time to make their rounds. Now when we leave around 6:30ish, its a different story! I am always amazed at the crowds waiting to get in. I think 5:50 would be okay, but if at all possible try to go earlier. Another nice thing about getting there earlier is the buffet is still intact. I remember the time we went at 7:00, it looked my beagle had made his way down the salad bar it was such a mess!

We went Sunday April 2. We had PS for 7:20 pm, showed up at 7:28pm finally got seated at 7:50pm. Once inside, we didn't find it to be overly busy. There were still plenty of food and lost of characters. We saw Jasmine, Minnie, Belle, Gepetto, the fox from Pinocchio's and of course Goofy. As we had made the PS the day of, that was the only available seating. We had no other choices for times except later in the evening. We had previosly done the 5pm seating which gave us time to watch the parade and other shows. If we had a choice, I would choose anytime between 5 and 6:00 for dinner though.

We have 7 pm reservation for the WEd. night we are going to be there...hope I don't regret it later! Ma :confused3 ybe mid-week is a little quieter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter