Good Morning Fantasyland, hooray!

Kitty-chan

Cheese is always the answer
My copy of the Brit's Guide to DLP came in the mail yesterday (found a used copy on ebay, since the amazon.co.uk shipping cost to the US was prohibited), and I'm so glad I did! I read about the Good Morning Fantasyland breakfast, and just called to book it.

Yay! I am so excited, and this makes me even happier that I decided to spend the extra money to stay on site.

Does anybody know whether the rides are actually open during breakfast (ie, before the park opens), or that it's just the benefit of being in pole position once they do open? I can easily imagine us skipping breakfast to have the extra hour before the main crowds arrive.

When we went, some of the Fantasyland rides were open during the breakfast hour, but I wouldn't recommend skipping the breakfast as they won't open until at least quarter past the hour, I don't think. My advice would be to get there in time for the 8am/9am breakfast slot, have your breakfast, and then get out there! When we were there last month, Dumbo, the Mad Hatter's Tea Cups, and a few other rides were open after our breakfast at about 9.25am. Peter Pan opened for about 9.50am and the other rides followed. But only Fantasyland is open during that first hour. We tried to get into Frontierland and it was roped off.

I haven't done Good Morning Fantasyland myself, but as Bonnie says, all the lands except Fantasyland are roped off until 9 o'clock - hence "rope drop" at that time! :)

Just bumping this up to ask a question:

I didn't book the breakfast when I booked, as we booked online with eurostar. I tried to call up today to book and just got a dead tone on the line. Is there a number I can call other than the Santa Fe number I got when my booking went through?

Also, a check-in question: when we check in at the eurostar terminal in waterloo, we put our card in the machine and get our tickets, right? So do we get any other confirmation of the hotel booking, or do I just cling to my confirmation email and show that to the hotel? Im very worried I'll be missing an important document!

If you are on the Eurostar that goes directly to DLRP they check you in on the train - then you can go straight to the park (cases are taken to your hotel when you drop them off at the Disney express luggage deot at the DLRP train station) and can collect your bags any time after 4pm. We checked into our room first as we like to unpack and then hit the parks but I can imagine some people love to be able to go straigh to the park.

I've used the one in the brochure to make breakfast bookings: 08705 030303

wow, i love how quick you guys response - *hugs the dis!*

dlpsteve - alas we're going on a train via paris, we wanted to get an early start. but we will miss out on that bonus and some of the transportation magic!

diberry- great, ill give them a call 2mro. strange that the other number didn't work.

Re the Good Morning Fantasyland breakfast, unless you really want to get the train I would recommend walking to the restaurant. You save a good 20 minutes at least doing this, thereby missing the rush when arriving to eat and also having more time to spend in the park when it's virtually empty.

Joanne

Thanks Joanne, I had read that in a TR (maybe yours!?). We'll definetly do that, I reckon it would be lovely to walk through the empty park anyway - great picture opportunity!

:sad2:

I just called the number diberry gave (why dont they have disney music as their call waiting music!?) and they told me I cant add the brekkie in as we booked with eurostar.

Apparently we have to wait until we check-in to do it.

Anyone else who didnt book with Disney direct tried to book the breakfast? And if you try and book it when you get there, will we be likely to get it?

I would imagine you'll have a good chance of getting it - we did that on our first trip and got every day but one. Good luck!! You can always go for a character breakfast in the park or village one day (at a supplement of course!!!)

Thanks diberry - hopefully it will be OK!

Does that go for booking meals as well, we must do them when we get there? Im going to have to go back to those seating threads and find out more, as I've now decided to try and book a special meal for my DPs birthday :-) *planning thrill*

You could book them in advance if you want, but given the time of year I don't think park will be too busy. Reservations could therefore be left until you get there.

Reid

Reid- Cool, I will pick the place beforehand and make the reservations when we arrive then.

I've made a few reservations for dates between 25th and 30th August. The CM I spoke to seemed quite surprised that I was booking so far in advance :rotfl: but we do like to have a plan of sorts and tend to arrange our day around the meal then!!! Seeing that the CM was surprised, I would say that there will probably not be a problem booking when you get there. As there are 5 of us, we are not always so easy to accommodate as, say a party of 2.

Bonnie said:
. . . Peter Pan opened for about 9.50am and the other rides followed. . .
Peter Pan is one of the most popular rides at DLP. We went on it first to avoid the long queues later in the day.

Woody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter