Good Day to Visit Legoland and S.D. Zoo

spacemouseneer

Mouseketeer
We are in Southern California from Dec 3rd - Dec. 12th. Most of the time we will be at Disneyland, we like to take our time with 2 smaller girls. But we've never been to either Legoland or the Zoo. Should we go on a day that is going to be very busy at Disneyland? Say the Saturday? I know Legoland is closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays in December, but crowd wise, which is good day to go?

Thanks for any advice.

Me too! We're travelling from Australia and will be in Anaheim between December 18th - December 27th.

We are also planning to Knotts, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and San Diego Zoo. Any potential advice would be muchly appreciated! :)

Thanks,

Erik

Hello!!! To start, LegoLand is NEVER as crazy as DL gets....busy for LL is medium crowded for DL!!!

Spacemouseneer.....you are early in December...you have no issues!!!! Going to LL on a Saturday or Sunday during your stay will find LL busier than during the week, but still pretty danged empty as compared to DL. So, instead of waiting 4 minutes for a ride, you will wait 10-20!! Some will still be almost walk-ons! So, don't really know which is more crowded SAT or SUN since I work on Saturdays, so only ever go on Sundays. Thursdays tend to be a bit busier during the week than Mondays and Fridays since Thursday is a special membership day for mom's with toddlers, so the place is really brimming with strollers and moms who all seem to know one another early in the day.
THe Zoo, again, not too bad early in December. Weekends are far busier than during the week, but the place is huge..so not bad. Fridays are often field trip day, so you can get overrun with sudden enthusiastic throngs of grade school age kids.
So, if I ruled the world...I would suggest FRI/Sat/Sun for San Diego, then you catch DL on less crowded days!! Helpful????

RMM, you didn't give your dates, so hopefully my info for SMneer and ozsammyboy will help!!

Hello ozsammy...I mostly know LL, my DD is 7, so haven't done MM yet. I absolutley HATE Knotts Berry Farm..so can't speak to that topic either. But, LL, I know. Weekend days will obviously be the busiest during your time frame, but as compared to other parks, probably not as horrible. Weekedays are not as busy. I went last year on the 27th, and we rode everything we wanted and did not get too irritated with lines. Since we go all the time, a 15 minute wait is enough to wrinkle my day!!! The lines for the rollar coaster will likely be 30 minutes part of the day...but there are really a lot of things to do, that are not rides. There is a big redwood play structure which will take up 40-60 minutes, many places to just play with Legos, shows, an imagination zone....so can keep pretty happy.
Depending on the age of all kids...will dictate things as well.

Anymore questions, I will be happy to try to answer. I am not an authority, but go about once a month!!! Oh, and am inpatient and hate crowds..so that likely colors my opinions!!!

I hope you all have a great time at LegoLand!!! Amy

Thank you grumpyvet for your info and thank you again for the Legoland coupons. We just recieved them in the mail.

Spacemouseneer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter