Good campgrounds in Southern NH?

labdogs42

DIS Veteran
We want to take our pop up on a little trip to New England next summer. My SIL lives in Windham, NH, so we thought we'd try to camp in that area for a few days and then maybe go somewhere else in NH or up to Maine. Any suggestions? Thanks!

We want to take our pop up on a little trip to New England next summer. My SIL lives in Windham, NH, so we thought we'd try to camp in that area for a few days and then maybe go somewhere else in NH or up to Maine. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I'm currently in the process of planning a tour from just outside of D.C. in NoVa. up to Maine and back next May/June and we plan to hit not in this order ...

1. Gettysburg NP
2. Eisenhower NHS
3. Nat'l Civil War Museum
4. Cape Cod
5. L.L. Bean Factory Store Complex
6. Marginal Way ocean walk in Ogunquit, Me
7. Bar Harbor and Acadia NP
8. Mt. Washington via the Cog railway
9. Fairbanks Museum in Vt. just because that is one state we have never been to and needed something to do there.
10. Valley Forge
11. Hershey

We've been to Gettysburg and Cape Cod before, but not camping and all the rest will be a first for us and this trip will be just short of 60 days.

Larry

Are you guys State Parks types or more hook-up/RV park sort of folks? We're State Parks types, and there are tons of good ones in VT/NH/ME. Our favorite in NH is Pillsbury - no showers and pit toilets, but well worth it, especially for paddling! A PUP fits nicely, but access with anything bigger would be an issue. Most, if not all, state parks up here in New England don't have hook-ups, but many have hot showers and indoor restrooms.

Our blog shows the few local (NH, VT, CT) campgrounds we've been to since getting our camper last spring (I didn't blog when we were tent camping): www.alineradventures.blogspot.com

I also love the Portland and Freeport areas, but we've always used hotel points to stay around there - so I'm not much help for camping (though its on our list for next year - and I think this is where we'll probably stay: http://www.freeportcamping.com/)

Happy planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter