Going with no reservations?

LLL

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever gone down with no reservations and gotten a good deal in Ocala? Or is this to risky? We're going Feb 9-13. Was thinking it's off season and if we can't get something on property with a good rate we can get something off property. Any suggestions or experiences?

We drove down in Dec 1999 with ressies at CBR. We stopped at Ocala to see if we could get a better deal and WE DID!! They let us transfer our deposit and there was no penalty. We stayed at BW and it was wonderful. That was before I knew about mousesavers.com though so I'm not sure if you could get a better deal from there. It was 2 years ago so Disney could have changed its policy regarding deposits etc but if nothing has changed and you know you are staying onsite, I would make ressies and do like we did.
Karla

I'd be careful doing it that weekend if you definetly want to stay on property. I just called to see about a quick getaway. Almost everything was booked. And I've read reports on the Resorts board saying the same. If you don't care either way, try on-site and if they're full, surely you can find something off-site, with all the options!

We have some neighbors who drove down and got in at Fort Wilderness in a cabin or whatever they are called now. They loved it. They had reservations off site but on a lark just drove over to see if they could find a place and did.

Not sure when Presidents Day is this year, but sounds like you may be there then, and that's one of the busier times. The crowd is enhanced by those folks who are in the area for the Daytona 500 race---and places fill up all the way to Orlando for that.........good luck!

President's Day is February 18 this year. February 9 -13 should not be all that busy. If you find the on site resorts are all booked, there were still be LOTS of off site options. Enjoy your trip!

Stop at the Florida Welcome Center and pick up the travel discount books - we usually get a pretty good deal off site that way. I have NEVER made a reservation - I get better deals just walking in. And we go 2-3 times per year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter