Going to Vegas July 2-5th, recs for hotel

luvmylittleboy2003

DIS Veteran
that is centrally located to everything, since it will be so hot, also, does anyone know if they do anything (like fireworks) during this time?

Is the a room for a couple or a family?
What is your budget?
Staying near the center of the strip, especially for a first trip is always my advice, but even more so in the summer.
High end: Bellagio or Caesars (both have great pools)
Mid: Mirage or Paris (Mirage has great pool)
Low: Ballys or Flamingo (Flamingo has great pool)
MGM or Mandalay Bay have great pools but location is a bit south; but both of these are better family hotels.

You should also consider taking a look at Priceline's Name Your Own Price option. I know that this may not be an option for most but I have used it several times and have gotten some incredible deals (usually 60% or better off of some really nice hotels). I think it is daunting for most because they don't know how it works or where to begin. I have found several sites that can help you with the research but my new favorite is TripDucky.com. They help you figure out at what price level you should start as well as showing you what others have won in the area that you are looking to stay. They also have some really good tutorials on how Priceline works as well as how to go about researching everything. Anyway, just wanted to throw out another resource for you to check out...

You should also consider taking a look at Priceline's Name Your Own Price option. I know that this may not be an option for most but I have used it several times and have gotten some incredible deals (usually 60% or better off of some really nice hotels). I think it is daunting for most because they don't know how it works or where to begin. I have found several sites that can help you with the research but my new favorite is TripDucky.com. They help you figure out at what price level you should start as well as showing you what others have won in the area that you are looking to stay. They also have some really good tutorials on how Priceline works as well as how to go about researching everything. Anyway, just wanted to throw out another resource for you to check out...

BEWARE OF PRICELINE

I booked a recent trip via Priceline and got a GREAT DEAL. Only problem was that the event I was attending got cancelled and I couldn't cancel my reservation. I went on the trip and still had a great time but would have preferred to cancel my trip instead.

I would still recommend Priceline for anyone wanting to save money. But you have to educate yourself and know what you're doing. Ten Priceline Tips is a quick and easy resource for newbies. Just remember: caveat emptor (buyer beware).

BEWARE OF PRICELINE

I booked a recent trip via Priceline and got a GREAT DEAL. Only problem was that the event I was attending got cancelled and I couldn't cancel my reservation. I went on the trip and still had a great time but would have preferred to cancel my trip instead.

I would still recommend Priceline for anyone wanting to save money. But you have to educate yourself and know what you're doing. Ten Priceline Tips is a quick and easy resource for newbies. Just remember: caveat emptor (buyer beware).

I used Priceline exactly once. Sure, I got a room at a nice hotel for a cheap price...but it was literally the last room still standing next to where they were doing major refurbishments. Nothing like being woken up at 6 am by construction and having plywood dust waft under the door the morning after your wedding! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter