Going to Aulani -- Let's list places to eat

What an amazing thread - Thank you!

We are heading to Aulani in November. I haven't seen any comments on
Chief's Luau.

Does anyone have any experience with it? Pros & Cons?

Chief's Luau.

The comments I've seen on the Sea Life Park Luau have been limited but generally positive. The TA rating is the highest of the regular Lua's. The distance is quite far from Ko Olina but probably no further than PCC unless you have to navigate rush two hour traffic which might add another 2 hours to the commute in some situations.

Definately going to Roy's, trying to decide on reservations. Are they recommended?

Highway Inn
226 Leoku St. Suite B1
Waipahu

Shown on DDD
Small place in a strip mall but GREAT local stuff!

BowlingAriel said:

Chief's Luau.

Reports I have read were vey good for the chief. I believe he also performs at the Fia Fia luau, I think at the Marriott on Tuesdays.

Any good breakfast places near or in the North Shore? How long of a drive is it from Aulani to the North Shore?

aclov said:
Any good breakfast places near or in the North Shore? How long of a drive is it from Aulani to the North Shore?

for breakfast we like Teds bakery (grab a pie there too!) Or the Coffee gallery:)

Its about 35-45 min depending on traffic and time of day. It can take longer on a weekend going through a certain stretch of the north shore (one lane each way and everyone trying to score parking alongside it because the road follows the beach)

Don't drive to the North Shore during peak traffic hours from Aulani! That being said, I would guess at 45 minutes travel time from Aulani to Haleiwa. I don't eat breakfast out there though... That would require me to get out of my bed Way too early :-)

Are there any places to eat within walking distance of the Aulani resort? If so I want to compile a list....we won't be renting a car.

So I am reading the Marriott Ko Olina is a good place to eat.
Any other places within walking distance?

We ate at two of the Marriot properties....one to the right of Aulani and one down the beach to the left. The one down to the left has a couple of restaurants. For a nice dinner, Roy's is within walking distance. The taco place across the street has some decent reviews. And the ABC store for lunch. Plenty of options.

Are there any places to eat within walking distance of the Aulani resort? If so I want to compile a list....we won't be renting a car.

So I am reading the Marriott Ko Olina is a good place to eat.
Any other places within walking distance?

Check out the Ko Olina Resort website ... it lists all the restaurants in the resort area under the Dining tab here:
http://www.koolina.com/experience/dining

Check out the Ko Olina Resort website ... it lists all the restaurants in the resort area under the Dining tab here:
http://www.koolina.com/experience/dining

We are here now at Ko Olina.... Ate at Monkeypod Kitchen this evening during happy hour, it was good as earlier reported. They handled my shellfish allergy, a huge plus for me. We saw lots of locals getting pizza from the place in the same shopping complex, it must be good too. We went to the Paradise Cove luau a couple of nights ago, pretty lame food and average entertainment... would not do that again. I guess after going to the Old Lahaina Luau on Maui a few years back, nothing else compares.

We ate at Duke's on Waikiki Beach for lunch yesterday, great atmosphere. Also went to the International Market down there for the Thursday evening Farmers Market and got malasadas and great coconut rolls, and you could get dinner there too. Too risky for me with my food allergy, but fun for people who have no worries in that department.

We are here now too! We are sad to say that Sunday is our last day after over a week at this amazing place! The pizza place you are speaking of is Pizza Corner, it has been open for just about 4 weeks. My family and I ate there on Sunday and it is great food and fun! There is nothing more than pizza, garlic knots, and a few salads there, but the pizza is great! It comes out hot, cooked well and very tasty! While we were there the owner, Frank came out and greeted all 12 of us in our party! He even took a picture with us! He calls the pizza traditional NY Style, but it was a bit thicker than NY style. Still good! Specialties are $24/LG and Cheese are $19/LG. 12 of us ate 3 larges and were full when we were done! Not bad considering we are in Hawaii.

For the most part we have been eating in our room with a few lunches out by the pool. Mama's shack has incredible Coconut shrimp and fries for $11. Not bad lunch. The kids are digging the chicken "strips" yes they are real breaded breasts of chicken and fries! I know I know fried, but still good! Hope this all helps! :beach:

Thanks for the Ko'olina restaurant updates! I was so pleased to here about the new addition of coconut shrimp at Mama's. Shrimp was not on the menu last September. Mama's fried chicken tenders are awesome!!!! Reminds me of the yummy chicken tenders served on a Disney Cruise - but better! I can't wait to try the Pizza place across the way. Sounds like an excellent addition to the area.

We enjoyed Monkeypod so much we went there 3x. Lunch, dinner and happy hour.

Roy's for dinner, also quite good. All walkable

Monkey pod for happy hour! Garlic fries were soooo good and the chicken wings were more on the healthy side looked grilled not fried buffalo style. Great selection of beers on tap more local types, not Budlite, Sam Adams, etc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter