Going from a studio to 1BDR at BWV?

krishouse

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

We will be "going home" for the first time this year
and we are really excited!
My question is, because we are staying in a studio the first night(not enough points.) and staying in a 1Bdroom at the Boardwalk Villas for the remaing 9 nights what do I do with our luggage?
Should I take an overnight bag out for everyone and leave the rest in our car until the room is ready?
Or when I check in should I mention that we are doing the switch? Will they move the luggage for us or is that too much too ask?
I have never been to the Boardwalk before but I have read that the parking lot is pretty far from the resort which may be a pain when you are lugging luggage back and forth.
Any input would be really appreciatied.

Thanks so much.

Kristin :earsgirl:

Whenever we just have one night before moving to another location for multiple nights, we just take the overnight bag with one change of clothing and the other necessities for the one night/one morning. We leave the rest in the car. You could valet park your car the next morning, or drive it up to the valet just to unload it once you get your room. Or leave your stuff with bell services. We usually stay at OKW, SSR, BCV where we can just lug the stuff up ourselves after we get our room available.

I'm with Bill and Deb, for aonly onenight, we think that it iseasier to leaveall of the extra "stuff" in the car if we have one. then we transfer it to the second room ourselves and do not have to rely on bellservices.

jThe exception to this one is if we have anything that needs to be refrigerated. Then we have bell services keep ev erything cold for us.

Are you staying at the same resort (BWV) for all 10 of the nights? If so, just leave your luggage at bell services, the stand is just to the left as you face the check-in counters. Also, it's possible that when you go to change, your new room might be ready. In August, I had 1 night in a preferred room (non-BW view), then the rest of the time in a BW view. I asked at check-in if my wait list had come through for a BW view for the whole time since I really didn't want to have to move after the first night. Unfortunately, they said it hadn't come through so I'd have to move. So I was especially surprised when I went to check-in the next morning, only to find out that at 9:45 am, my new room was already ready. So you never know!

Hi,
We are indeed staying at the boardwalk villas for the full 10 days and were lucky enough to get BWview for both the studio and 1 bedroom woo hoo!
Maybe I should enquire at check in and with bell services.
Thanks
Kristin

We stayed at the Boardwalk Inn for 1 night once and then moved to Boardwalk Villas the next morning, we checked in for the villas in the morning but our room was not ready, so we just had bell services pickup the luggage and store it, and then had it delivered to our new room later.

This is what we just did...

We had a Sat. arrival. Our flight didn't get in until 1:00 am actually. We had a bag packed for that night, but took all of our luggage to the studio since we didn't have a car.

The next morning, we took everything to bell services and checked into our new room (which was ready at 11am!). Bell services brought everything to the room right away.

The parking lot isn't that far, in my opinion, if you want to leave most of your things in it over night. I'd be more comfortable taking everything in though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter