Gluten Free Bread and Pasta Recommendations

My husband likes tapioca bread. Our Kroger carries it. He doesn't like Udi. He also likes most pastas. Barilla, etc

Ronzoni pasta is pretty good. Udi's breads are okay. Lately I have been the Trader Joe's bread and hamburger buns.

Barilla is our favorite pasta by far. Trader Joe's bread and buns or Udis are our go to. There are GF baguettes in the freezer section at Whole Foods that are a nice treat. Also like WF GF pie crusts.

My dd does not like Udi's either. She likes the Canyon Bakehouse brand. We buy it at Costco or our Kroger chain. She likes that brand bagels also. For pasta, she likes the Barilla, Ronzoni and Trader Joe's store brand.

If you have an Aldi nearby they have a brand called Live G Free which makes the best gluten free bread I've had. It is especially good if you heat it a bit! I've only tried the whole grain but it doesn't fall apart or crumble like most and is soft and has a pretty good flavor. Barilla makes a line of gluten free pasta which tastes the same as regular, just a tiny bit tougher.

Dd14 likes the big loaf Udi's at Costco, Barilla pasta, and freschetta frozen pizza (even over gf pizza from our local NJ pizzerias).

Trader Joe's has the best gluten free bread! I always buy a couple loafs to keep in the freezer since I don't eat it that often. For pasta, I think the ones that are "corn" based always taste better.

Dd14 likes the big loaf Udi's at Costco, Barilla pasta, and freschetta frozen pizza (even over gf pizza from our local NJ pizzerias).
Yeah we have tried several GF pizzas and Freschetta was the favorite.

Canyon Bake Hose bread tastes great and is close to normal size. I buy at Target or Whole Foods.

I use Udi's sandwich bread for toast and grilled cheese sandwiches and their buns for cold sandwiches. I use Ronzoni pasta and Racconto makes a gluten free gnocchi that we like.

Have you tried Buddha Bread from Bread Empire? It is made with Yuca Flour. It does contain milk products.

Not Bread or Pasta but Divvies Bakery in NY makes awesome cupcakes! Check out their website.

Our Sprouts stores carry Divvies. They are yum!

I just recently had gf King Arthur chocolate cake mix cupcakes. That mix is amazing!!

Duncan Hines makes a boxed GF brownie mix that is amazing! GiGi's cupcakes have awesome GF cupcake selections too

I need recommendations for gluten free bread and pasta that actually tastes good. Thank you!
There isn't any. There is no substitute for gluten. I've learned to just do without rather than use a poor substitute, seemed impossible but no big deal to work out a grain free alternative now.

My favorite brand hands down is Kinnickinnic gluten free breads. It is the closest I have found to traditional breads. The multigrain is my favorite as it has plenty of sunflower seeds that add a great texture and taste. I also like their hot dog buns. I actually buy the english muffins(which aren't like traditional ones), cut them in thirds, use the top and bottom for hamburger buns and use the middle third as toast. I still toast all of the breads before eating except for hot dog buns which i warm in the microwave.

For reference, I despise Udi's, find Canyon Ranch boring, do not care for texture/taste of the sprouted grains brands, and the Schlar's I do not care for taste and their inclusion of agave syrup as an ingredient.

My favorite brand hands down is Kinnickinnic gluten free breads. It is the closest I have found to traditional breads. The multigrain is my favorite as it has plenty of sunflower seeds that add a great texture and taste. I also like their hot dog buns. I actually buy the english muffins(which aren't like traditional ones), cut them in thirds, use the top and bottom for hamburger buns and use the middle third as toast. I still toast all of the breads before eating except for hot dog buns which i warm in the microwave.

For reference, I despise Udi's, find Canyon Ranch boring, do not care for texture/taste of the sprouted grains brands, and the Schlar's I do not care for taste and their inclusion of agave syrup as an ingredient.

I feel the exact same way about this entire comment. I will have to try the hot dog method with the English muffins.

I also will use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Mixes or make my own from the Gluten Free on a Shoestring recipe book. I do also like Pillsbury's Gluten Free funfetti cookie mix although I usually try to just make my own.

I like the Udi's big loaf from Costco- also the Trader Joes cinnamon raisin bread....yum! My favorite pasta is Aldis Gfree Brown rice and quinoa ziti.... I love it with my homemade sauce! I always use the bread as toast,so unheated,I don;t really know.... will look here for suggestions! I try to eat less bread etc anyway- but the TJ's raisin bread is killin' me!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter