• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Give me your top 3 tips

With only 2 days and being your first trip, you'll have to prioritize what you will want to do. It just isn't possible to do everything (rides, shows, sightseeing, etc). Even after multiple trips spanning multiple years, we still manage to find new things.

1. Hagrids and Velocicoaster do not take EP, so you best bet is to go 30 minutes before rope drop to avoid long lines

2. Even with EP, you can get a lot done during EE. We typically go in early to a park to do rides in the morning (especially when it is hot), head back to the resort after lunch for a nap, and then hit the parks again

3. Visit Camp Jurassic in IOA (https://orlandoinformer.com/universal/camp-jurassic/). We didn't find about about it until our 3rd year visiting, but now try and stop in on every trip. It is a fun play area for all ages and can be a great way to avoid the heat.
Can someone please answer if a small electric scooter can get through at LEAST SOME of the areas or walkways inside of camp jurassic? ( hubby would like to see some of it at least, but can walk a bit too). thank you for any answers you can give me !!

SINGLE RIDER LINE!!!!

Many attractions have it and it so decreases the wait times! This past week and a trip 3 months ago BF and I waited less than 10 minutes for anything other than Hagrid's and most were walk ons! Last week I waited ONLY for Hagrids- literally EVERYTHING else was walk up and walk on!

Your park ticket and your express pass will be 2 different plastic credit cards. Get a lanyard to hold both. They have Universal themed ones in hotel gift shops and Citwalk. You can also load your park ticket on your phone In the app. This was very glitchy for us in June 2022 and we got plastic tickets instead. Your hotel guest services can help with many ticket issues.

throw fashion to the winds and get 3 prong waist packs, which you can wear on all rides but Hulk, VC and Hagrids, unless there are new rules.

on our first day, we do US, and make a reservation for Finnegans, and an evening reservation at Margaritaville. Outside on the porch (family tradition). You will also have great dining available at Jake’s or Strongwater Grill.

on the 2nd day, we make a reservation at Mythos for right when it opens. It is often freezing in there, and I bring a small should wrap in my non-fashionable waist pack.

read the extensive trip reports and look at the pics from Carole (schumigirl) to learn about everything

in the places with lockers, like Gringotts, just send one person in. For all-locker locations, go further in around the entrance congestion.

I bring a collapsible water bottle and refill at the free locations.

you can mobile order voodo donuts
your hotel key will give you priority access at Citiwalk restaurants, but you can make reservations as well.
don’t eat at Hard Rock Cafe

Last edited:
Your park ticket and your express pass will be 2 different plastic credit cards. Get a lanyard to hold both. They have Universal themed ones in hotel gift shops and Citwalk. You can also load your park ticket on your phone In the app. This was very glitchy for us in June 2022 and we got plastic tickets instead. Your hotel guest services can help with many ticket issues.

throw fashion to the winds and get 3 prong waist packs, which you can wear on all rides but Hulk, VC and Hagrids, unless there are new rules.

on our first day, we do US, and make a reservation for Finnegans, and an evening reservation at Margaritaville. Outside on the porch (family tradition). You will also have great dining available at Jake’s or Strongwater Grill.

on the 2nd day, we make a reservation at Mythos for right when it opens. It is often freezing in there, and I bring a small should wrap in my non-fashionable waist pack.

read the extensive trip reports and look at the pics from Carole (schumigirl) to learn about everything

in the places with lockers, like Gringotts, just send one person in. For all-locker locations, go further in around the entrance congestion.

I bring a collapsible water bottle and refill at the free locations.

you can mobile order voodo donuts
your hotel key will give you priority access at Citiwalk restaurants, but you can make reservations as well.
don’t eat at Hard Rock Cafe
Also can’t wear fanny packs on Rip Ride Rockit.

I won’t correct my original on the 3 prong waist pack, but see the corrections!

How large are the tickets? I saw some lanyards with holders on etsy and the badge holder part came in different sizes

1. Get a lanyard to hold your park ticket, room key, and/or express passes! If your park ticket is on your phone like in your email or something, take a screenshot of it so you can easily pull it up.
2. Refill your water bottle for free at any Coke freestyle machine
3. Use the single rider line!
Bonus tip - if you want to ride Hagrids, there is usually a sharp dip in wait times in the afternoon. If you can't make it then, try about a half hour/hour prior to park closing.

Going mid-August for 2 Park days then transferring to WDW.
1) good idea to schedule U portion of a split trip that includes the EP for after the WDW portion. Otherwise, you will surely find yourself wistfully thinking about the EP lines when in the world.

2) no other way to put it, mid August is miserably humid…far worse than June & July. Pace yourselves & hydrate. Start out early, retreat to pool early afternoon (before the afternoon showers roll thru), then back to the parks in the early evening.

3) If you haven’t priced out AP hotel rates for your stay, consider upgrading one tix if the numbers work out.

4) In my experience, U‘s mobile ordering process in the parks at normal meal times/high demand, is light years behind WDWs as to length of time it can take to receive your order. Simpsons has fared the worse for us, followed by Richter’s Burgers. YMMV Others have indicated they are satisfied with the process.

Excellent suggestions. I will add one: briefly look in the empty locker before stowing your items inside. We’ve had some close encounters of spilled drinks in lockers. Thank goodness we noticed the puddle before we placed our bags inside. Hubby was not so lucky this past weekend as he ended up playing his bag on gum that was inside of a ride locker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter