One vote for no coconut.

I can't be the only one.

Yeah a vote for coconut!! Thanks Susan.

So says you.
:lmao:
Leah is not a Star Wars fan
I'm sorry. I didn't quite get that?

:rolleyes:
This was my was second visit here and so far it's my favorite.
I've only been one, but really liked it. :)
My biggest complaint with Oga's is we never get a table where we can sit.
I did, and maybe that's why I liked it so much.
Leah didn't know squat about Star Wars but she Facetimed her brother who does and he was very envious of her.
:laughing: Sibling rivalry runs strong with this one.
Me being envious of the people behind us with a table and seating.
You don't look too envious! :rotfl:
I had a Bespin Fizz - Bacardi superior rum, yuzu puree, pomegranate juice, white cranberry juice and cloud swirl. It was good and fruity just like I like it.
Not a rum fan... I wonder if they'd make that with vodka? I like everything else about it.
We explored Galaxy Edge while we waiting for our Rise boarding group.
Such a well-done area. :)
The characters were out which was neat for me but made no sense to Leah.
:laughing:
She did enjoy the area which is good to know for anyone who isn't a Star Wars fan.
That is good to know. I mean... there must be someone out there who isn't a Star Wars fan...

Nah.
This was new experience for Leah and she took it very serious. She paid very close attention to what they told us and that we needed to not let anyone know where the Rebel base was. She made me pay closer attention
I love this. :)
1701811298336.png
:lmao:
Vanessa: (using the force) "You will tell me where the droids are."
Leah: (waving bye-bye)
We made it back to Movies to rest, freshen up and get changed for Boo Bash.
Can't wait! popcorn::

Life Update.
How is everyone's preparations for the Holidays going?
Me, I'm behind of course and have filled my plate too full.

We start our journey to Florida in 11 more sleeps and I'm not ready at all. Normally I would have my outfits put together and started packing, but the suitcases are still in the attic and my outfits are still a mash up of ideas in my head.

I still have lots of presents to wrap too. It will be almost Christmas when we get back to I want to have that done before we go. We'll also be doing our Christmas Cookie night 2 days after we return on the Eve of Christmas Eve. We have to wrap the presents we're taking to Danielle no matter what else gets wrapped.

Time is running out and I'm scrambling. Friday night we're going to New Orleans to see "Wicked". I'm so excited! Dennis got us tickets for my birthday. I've never been so I'm really looking forward to this. We're also hoping to pop into the Roosevelt to see their Christmas Decorations. Christmas at the Roosevelt I volunteered to host Book Club this Saturday. I did this before I knew about the "Wicked" tickets. I figured since I was already doing "company cleaning" for Book Club I would host Dominic's 2nd Birthday Party on Sunday. We also want to see the local Christmas parade after the party. I'm hoping to start packing Sunday night if I have any energy left.

Wish me luck.

We did get some good news and Danielle was given 1 additional day off while we're there. She will be working when we arrive on Sunday but will be off around 6:30, so she'll meet us for dinner hopefully at Geyser Point. We'll do Magic Kingdom on Monday and possibly the extra hours at Epcot that night. Tuesday is sleep in and hit Disney Spring for lunch at TREX, this was John Paul and Dennis' request. Tuesday night we want to go to Hollywood Studios to see Fantasmic. John Paul also wants to ride Mickey & Minnie's Runaway RR. I want to see the Christmas Decoration and hear the Christmas music there, it's my favorite (I love those J I N G L E BELLS). Wednesday is our last park day. We'll spend the day in Epcot. We have a Candlelight Processional ADR @ Beirgarten for the 7 pm show. I'm looking forward to hearing Sterling K Brown. Thursday we say goodbye to Danielle for who know how long and drive back home.

So, how is everyone else doing?

Me, I'm behind of course and have filled my plate too full.
With... turkey?
We start our journey to Florida in 11 more sleeps and I'm not ready at all.
Oh boy. That's coming up fast!
Friday night we're going to New Orleans to see "Wicked". I'm so excited!
Hey! That's great! I know you'll love it. :goodvibes
We're also hoping to pop into the Roosevelt to see their Christmas Decorations.
Thanks for that link. It looks beautiful.
Wish me luck.
You really do have a full plate! Good luck!
We did get some good news and Danielle was given 1 additional day off while we're there.
Good news!

You really do have a busy run up to your trip but on the bright side that should make the time fly by until you’re in Florida with Danielle :goodvibes
I’m pretty organized for Christmas but like you have something on every weekend between now and the big day. We are doing a Santa dinner with the grandkids this Sunday. They will be celebrating in Denmark this year (they do Year about- Ireland one year, Denmark the next). My daughter and I are going to see Willy Wonka next week for a kid free night out for her 🤣. We were at the panto last week which was great fun. The weekend of the 16th & 17th we are taking the kids to see Santa at Stormont. It’s a fundraiser for a charity here called Tinylife which helps families of babies born early or who spend time in neonatal intensive care at hospital. We are forever grateful to them for the help and support they gave when my grandson was there for his first week so it’s nice to give something back.
The hubby and I are out for dinner on the 17th with friends and then we are heading away for Christmas itself so no cooking a big family feast for me this year 🎉🎉🎉

I'm sorry. I didn't quite get that?

Hard to even imagine.

I did, and maybe that's why I liked it so much.

I'm jelly you got a table. We had 2 kids last Christmas trip and still got a standing table.

:laughing: Sibling rivalry runs strong with this one.

Oh yes!

You don't look too envious! :rotfl:

I was trying to disguise it.

Vanessa: (using the force) "You will tell me where the droids are."
Leah: (waving bye-bye)

That about sums it up.

With... turkey?
Cornbread Dressing.

Hey! That's great! I know you'll love it.

I think I will.

Thanks for that link. It looks beautiful.

I've never been there. Several years ago the 3 kids went there right before Christmas and to do Caroling in the Quarter. This was when Danielle was still in High School and before Michelle was married. Dennis and I stayed home doing Christmas preparations, so I really would like to see it.

You really do have a full plate! Good luck!

Thank you!!

You really do have a busy run up to your trip but on the bright side that should make the time fly by until you’re in Florida with Danielle :goodvibes

This is true.

We are doing a Santa dinner with the grandkids this Sunday.

This sounds fun. I guess you'll exchange gifts with them since they will be in Denmark for Christmas.

My daughter and I are going to see Willy Wonka next week for a kid free night out for her

Good plan, I wanted to see this and Journey to Bethlehem but it looks like it will have to wait until after Christmas.

The weekend of the 16th & 17th we are taking the kids to see Santa at Stormont. It’s a fundraiser for a charity here called Tinylife which helps families of babies born early or who spend time in neonatal intensive care at hospital. We are forever grateful to them for the help and support they gave when my grandson was there for his first week so it’s nice to give something back.

This is what the Christmas Season is all about.:grouphug:

The hubby and I are out for dinner on the 17th with friends and then we are heading away for Christmas itself so no cooking a big family feast for me this year 🎉🎉🎉
I like this idea. Every year Dennis says we need to do what the Kranks planned in "Christmas With the Kranks". Where are you going?

I guess you'll exchange gifts with them since they will be in Denmark for Christmas.
Yes we are giving them their gifts this day but they are bringing them to Denmark to open on Christmas Eve as that’s the day they celebrate in Denmark. We will open any we might get that morning too so we have time to FaceTime before we head to the airport at lunchtime.
Where are you going?
London. Can’t wait!

I can't be the only one.

I love coconut, too! Everyone knows if there's a dish with coconut in it, I'll probably get it. :rotfl:

Visiting GE with someone who knows nothing about Star Wars had to be pretty interesting. I love that she took Rise so seriously. I'm sure it made the attraction even more fun!
Not getting to sit when you're at the theme parks is brutal. Your feet are so tired and you just want to relax for a bit.

You've got a lot happening before your trip! Hopefully it'll make the time fly by.
How exciting that you're going to see Wicked. I love plays.
Glad to hear Danielle got some extra time off while you're there.
I'd love to hear Sterling K. Brown narrate the CP. I bet it's going to be wonderful.
Before you know it, you're going to be in WDW looking at all the decorations!

Yes we are giving them their gifts this day but they are bringing them to Denmark to open on Christmas Eve as that’s the day they celebrate in Denmark. We will open any we might get that morning too so we have time to FaceTime before we head to the airport at lunchtime.

That makes sense. We're bringing Danielle her gifts. She will open or two while we're there but leave the rest for Christmas Day. She's working until 6:30 that night so we'll FaceTime when she gets off.

London. Can’t wait!

How Exciting!!

I love coconut, too! Everyone knows if there's a dish with coconut in it, I'll probably get it. :rotfl:

Another positive vote for coconut!! I think we're winning.

Visiting GE with someone who knows nothing about Star Wars had to be pretty interesting. I love that she took Rise so seriously. I'm sure it made the attraction even more fun!
Not getting to sit when you're at the theme parks is brutal. Your feet are so tired and you just want to relax for a bit.

I enjoyed the whole area so much more with her.

I think Oga's has people stand on purpose so we don't linger. I know they try to turn the tables as fast as they can.

You've got a lot happening before your trip! Hopefully it'll make the time fly by.
How exciting that you're going to see Wicked. I love plays.
Glad to hear Danielle got some extra time off while you're there.
I'd love to hear Sterling K. Brown narrate the CP. I bet it's going to be wonderful.
Before you know it, you're going to be in WDW looking at all the decorations!

Time is flying. So many exciting things happening. I'm going to sleep the whole drive there.

We made it through this weekend.

We had a great time Friday night but didn't make it to the Roosevelt. We did have an interesting dinner at Felix's in the French Quarter. Our table was on the balcony overlooking Bourbon Street and we had lots of entertainment. We both LOVED "The Wicked"! I'm so glad we did this. We didn't get home until after midnight and I was back up early to get ready for Book Club. We had a great lunch and meeting. We do a White Elephant Book exchange which helps get us going on new books to read for the New Year. I spent the afternoon into the night getting ready for Dominic's 2nd birthday party. We finished setting up after Mass on Sunday. It was a small party with an Italian theme. The kids had a great time, and it was just right. We finished our afternoon off by going the very local Christmas Parade. Dominic and John Paul had a blast. Last night I took John Paul to Walmart and Target to get snacks for the drive and to have in the parks and room. I have not started packing yet but the suitcases are down and open. Packing is the main task for the week.

I do have all the presents I'm responsible for wrapped and I've sent out my Christmas cards.

So, looking forward to our trip.

We had a great time Friday night but didn't make it to the Roosevelt.
Too bad. Was hoping to see some photos.
Our table was on the balcony overlooking Bourbon Street and we had lots of entertainment.
That sounds really nice. :)
We both LOVED "The Wicked"! I'm so glad we did this.
Good!!
I spent the afternoon into the night getting ready for Dominic's 2nd birthday party
Happy birthday to Dominic!

Your trip is so close now! Exciting times ahead. JP is such a great age for a WDW trip. I’m betting Auntie Danielle can’t wait to see him (& you all of course). I loved the pizza boxes for Dominic’s party. Such a handsome lad. Crazy how fast time has flown by- can’t believe he’s 2 already!

Your trip is so close now! Exciting times ahead. JP is such a great age for a WDW trip.

It's coming real fast. He is at a great age. He's also tall enough to ride everything.

I’m betting Auntie Danielle can’t wait to see him (& you all of course).

She is really excited! She's JP's Nanny so she loves time with him.

loved the pizza boxes for Dominic’s party. Such a handsome lad. Crazy how fast time has flown by- can’t believe he’s 2 already!

He is super cute and Michelle did a really good job with the pizza boxes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter