Girls Only Trip (old planning thread, see link to new one in 1st post)

Beth, as usual, you work tireless and diligently on behalf of all us divas. Great job, I enjoyed remembering a few faces I had kind of forgotten. You are the best! :thumbsup2

(Awwww, shucks. Thanks. :flower3: )

And I hope no one really thinks that crazy looking lady in curlers and blue eye shadow is really Katie - yikes! But, I agree, some days we all feel like that.;)

(Nope, she's got a pretty pic up there showing the real Katie. :thumbsup2 Although she might still be rockin the blue shadow under those sunglasses....)

Debbie - glad your friend is doing better.

Another boring Sat night here. REALLY looking forward to next weekend and MA. I was checking the weather and it is supposed to be cold (like 60) next Sunday and tomorrow is supposed to be over 90. That is crazy!
Boring day here too. Well, we did the yard sale, but to me that's boring. lol And too much work for too little profit, but the kids had a lot of fun for some reason. :confused3

OH! Speaking of yard sales, we went to one today at a nearby neighborhood, and the lady was selling various styles of fuzzy handcuffs. (Don't ask why, it's Vegas, it's expected, lol) Of course I had to buy a pair. :rolleyes1

Anyway, I had them sitting on my desk in my room and one of the twins, Lindsey, got a hold of them and was playing with them for a long time. Finally I told her to put them back because I didn't want her to break them. She sets them on the desk and says to me, "Those handcuffs are a lot of fun!"
:scared1:

:rotfl:

Well, I'm tired. Have a good night ladies!!

Anyway, I had them sitting on my desk in my room and one of the twins, Lindsey, got a hold of them and was playing with them for a long time. Finally I told her to put them back because I didn't want her to break them. She sets them on the desk and says to me, "Those handcuffs are a lot of fun!"
:scared1:

Like Mother, like Daughter.:rotfl:

You will also see a list of events on the first page, who to contact for that particular event, and who is participating.

Oftentimes, Beth will update the title once something gets started. Sometimes these threads go too fast for me, or I get sidetracked doing "other" stuff, so I always check the first page to see what's happening. It is the best way to gauge how far along the planning is, and then join in whatever is happening.

Right now, we are basically in the "high level planning/ brainstorming/ bonding" part of the get-together, and during this time, mini-meets may happen, or investigation about things we can do.

Here's a little tutorial about booking a vacation at Walt Disney World, but these days it might also be appropriate for Disneyland.

Click on the pic below:

It's fine that you'll join everyone two days late. By the time of the meet many details will be posted, and you'll have a lot of fun with everyone once you get there.

Thanks Mary Jo! I'll check out that tutorial! :thumbsup2

Hi Bridgette. If you look at the first post on the first page, it lists everyone who came this year - screen name and name :thumbsup2

Thanks Theresa! I will put it in a sticky note on my desktop so I can easily reference it and learn everyones names! :upsidedow

Hi Bridgette~ Like Queenbillabong/Theresa said, most of the ladies names are on the first page. I went to the first years meet but not this years so my name isn't there. My name is Katie or Kate & I look forward to meeting you :goodvibes.

Hi Kate! I'm looking forward to meeting you too. You've been awesome handling my getting-used-to-being-a-diva mode! :cool1:

Bridgette--my name is Cheryl and I've been on both Ladies only meets and many many mini meets. Looking forward to meeting you--whatever portion of the trip you participate in you will have a great time!

Thanks Cheryl... I can't wait to join in on the fun! :banana:

Hi Bridgette! :wave2: I'm Tina. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better! Everybody here is super-nice and friendly, and we won't let you get lost in the planning.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you better too, Tina! I agree, everybody here is super nice and friendly. :cloud9:

Hi Bridgette :wave2:I am new to this group as well and the meet in 2010 will be my first time attending!

Hey Vicki! I'm excited that I'm not the only newbie to the trips. I can't wait to meet you! :yay:

Waves to Bridgette.

Waves back to Laurie :wave2:

Hi Bridgette! I see several people have already helped you out with answers to your questions but if you ever have anymore don't hesitate to ask. That's what we are all here for. :)

In addition to the names on the front page, I am working on getting pics to go along with it. Once I do that, perhaps you can post a pic as well so we'll have two sections, one for vets and one for newbies.

As for hotel, I believe the plan this year is to have an onsite option (Grand Californian) and an offsite option (Hojo Anaheim) and then based on preference or finances the ladies can choose between the two.

Cell #'s will be exchanged, and a detailed schedule with times and meeting places will be posted as it gets closer.
You came in at a good time as you'll have plenty of opportunity to get to know everyone in the months ahead, and be on board for picking restaurants, tours, etc. :thumbsup2

I can't express how refreshingly awesomely amazing you all are! I'm finishing my undergraduate degree right now and I'm so ready to be away from people who act "high school". I look forward to checking this thread at the end of those days!

Like Mother, like Daughter.:rotfl:
Funny, that's what I was thinking. LOL

I can't express how refreshingly awesomely amazing you all are! I'm finishing my undergraduate degree right now and I'm so ready to be away from people who act "high school". I look forward to checking this thread at the end of those days!
:rotfl2: Yeah, I know what you mean about acting "high school". I graduated almost 20 years ago. Been there, done that. No thank you. ;)

Did you see the pics on the front page? That will also help get a feel of who everyone is. And if you'd like, we are going to be adding the new members there as well so feel free to PM me with a pic you'd like to share. :)

Morning ladies!

WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes1

I've been awake since 6:30 and just thought everyone else should be up now too. Ugh, why, why, why, did I have to wake up at such an unholy hour on a weekend???? :mad: :rolleyes:

And now we need our new ladies who are just joining us to post some pics so you can add you as well!! :yay: :cool1:

I'm going to try to do this image thing. I don't know what kind of photo you wanted but this is one of my most recent photos. I'm so sassy!

P1010802.jpg

I tried to do more but it didn't work. :snooty:

Morning ladies!

WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!

I've been awake since 6:30 and just thought everyone else should be up now too. Ugh, why, why, why, did I have to wake up at such an unholy hour on a weekend???? :mad: :rolleyes:
I'm awake, and on my way to church.

So I almost missed seeing this thread!! You guys are on page 85 already!!! Geesh!!!

To Bridgette!
Welcome aboard!! :goodvibes

Talk to you all later, after I get caught up! :rolleyes1

Did you see the pics on the front page? That will also help get a feel of who everyone is. And if you'd like, we are going to be adding the new members there as well so feel free to PM me with a pic you'd like to share. :)

I just posted one... now I'll try another to see if it'll work (it didn't work when I tried adding more than one. Do you still want me to pm you with it or can you yank it off of my post?

****ear001.jpg

Nope. I just updated my billing on my blog so I'm going to leave it. Hopefully it'll show up in a little while.

I'm going to try to do this image thing. I don't know what kind of photo you wanted but this is one of my most recent photos. I'm so sassy!

P1010802.jpg

I tried to do more but it didn't work. :snooty:

Bridgette - I love your sunglasses!

Morning ladies!

WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!

I'm up and getting ready for another hockey game :upsidedow I am getting a little tired of hockey - going to games, games on TV (Canucks and Giants are both in their respective playoffs :cheer2:), games on the radio...... Oy, living with boys! Now is the time to pull out the tiara and do something girly - after the hockey game :rotfl:

I just posted one... now I'll try another to see if it'll work (it didn't work when I tried adding more than one. Do you still want me to pm you with it or can you yank it off of my post?

****ear001.jpg

Nope. I just updated my billing on my blog so I'm going to leave it. Hopefully it'll show up in a little while.

Hi Bridgette! I'm so glad that you are joining us. :) It looks like the above image code had a 'word' that the Dis wouldn't allow you to use. It's replaced it with '****'. I think that's why it isn't showing up.

Can't wait to meet you!

Good Morning Beth! I'm up now, since you've been up so long, did you make us breakfast? popcorn:: I am so wishing I had that buffett at Storytellers right now...

Not much happening here. I waiting for the boys to wake up. Just another day in paradise.

:laundy:

Heather

I'm up and getting ready for another hockey game :upsidedow I am getting a little tired of hockey - going to games, games on TV (Canucks and Giants are both in their respective playoffs :cheer2:), games on the radio...... Oy, living with boys! Now is the time to pull out the tiara and do something girly - after the hockey game :rotfl:

Hi Theresa! It's me Heather....remember me? :laughing:

I'm glad to see that you aren't letting the boys tarnish your diva crown. I live in a house full of them also. I'm in trouble I'm afraid...

Hi Theresa! It's me Heather....remember me? :laughing:

I'm glad to see that you aren't letting the boys tarnish your diva crown. I live in a house full of them also. I'm in trouble I'm afraid...

Hi Heather. My hair is up today, so just a heads up - I look different :rotfl2:

You just have to get them ready early to see the tiara and respect the tiara :thumbsup2 You are going to be around a lot of testosterone, so you have to be strong (in a girly way :laughing:)

Morning ladies!

WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!

I have been awake since 6 AM!!

Why can't I sleep in??

Bridgette - I love your sunglasses!

I am getting a lil tired of baseball, and well its only been 2 wks & I have until June 5..........

Its never going to end........

(Nope, she's got a pretty pic up there showing the real Katie. Although she might still be rockin the blue shadow under those sunglasses....)

You know me so well :rolleyes1.

OH! Speaking of yard sales, we went to one today at a nearby neighborhood, and the lady was selling various styles of fuzzy handcuffs. (Don't ask why, it's Vegas, it's expected, lol) Of course I had to buy a pair. :rolleyes1

I don't know whether to laugh or be worried for you :laughing:.

That's how I feel during football season :headache:.

P1010802.jpg
Cute pic! Thanks. Better watch it though, "I'm so sassy" might end up being your new tag. :rotfl2: The tag fairy is pretty sneaky around here and you never know when she might strike. ;)

Good Morning Beth! I'm up now, since you've been up so long, did you make us breakfast?
Of course! What kind of "momma" would I be if I didn't make a yummy Sunday morning breakfast? Dig in!

Brownie_Sundaes300.jpg

Or if you prefer something a little healthier, here ya go. :thumbsup2
shortcake3.jpg

I have been awake since 6 AM!!
:scared:
Well, then you should have made the breakfast. :rotfl:

I don't know whether to laugh or be worried for you :laughing:.
I'm guessing a little of both. :scared1: :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter