Girls Only Disneyland Trip - Old Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any bets on whether or not this one reaches 250 pages before our trip?? :rotfl:

I'm sure we will.

Obviously you people don't remember Poltergeist. If you liked clowns before you surely didn't like them after THAT movie! EEK!

Thats some scary crap.

OK I just sent some PMs. To Beth for WCT, to stacerita hoping I can get in on chip and dale's b'fast, and to wendylady for the scavenger hunt!

Got your PM. You are added.

WELL, on the first Ladies Only trip we had two t-shirts. One was a very pretty turquoise blue, but the sizing left a little to be desired. There was some very creative stretching going on in several rooms on the morning of the day we all wore them. (You can see the shirts in the group pic at the top of the thread.) Anyway, the joke was that they were "hooter" shirts--and I think Stacerita ended up with a tag about it . . . . . .

Yep, I sure did.

Hmmm...I think 2 more people should sign up for the scavenger hunt...no particular reason, just because. :rolleyes1

OCD much?

Heat is what causes shrinkage. It shouldn't shrink if you wash it in cold water (inside out to protect Tink) and hang to dry.:thumbsup2

That's not what I heard.

I kinda like that. It almost sounds like Princess Bride. :upsidedow

As you wish!

That would definitely help when we're digging the hole in Vegas!

If things don't work out, then I will be helping you. No worries.

Ok, so I had quite a time getting our PS for Storyteller's. They don't make them for a group as large as ours. So I ended up having to speak to the food and beverage manager of the Grand to get things cleared up. But of course, we spent a day of telephone tag. Once I talked to him and explained everything, he was more than willing to work it out for us. He was really nice and gave me his direct number if anything should need to change.

We have a PS for 30 @0800. That should give us plenty of time.

Ok, so I had quite a time getting our PS for Storyteller's. They don't make them for a group as large as ours. So I ended up having to speak to the food and beverage manager of the Grand to get things cleared up. But of course, we spent a day of telephone tag. Once I talked to him and explained everything, he was more than willing to work it out for us. He was really nice and gave me his direct number if anything should need to change.

Awesome!!! I love Storyteller's . . . . .

Thanks Stacie! That's what I went through when I booked for our mini meet at Cafe Orleans. I had to book directly through the manager, but in that case it took days to get it settled.

Anyway, I'm glad we have another meal booked!! :banana: It's so exciting!!

OK you are a goddess. I'm impressed!

Thanks!!
I have never been to Storytellers. I can't wait!!!

I have only been to Goofy's kitchen & breakfast at PPH ( I loved it!!).

Oh, I forgot to mention earlier, but I can't believe you chit chatty ladies. I am not here late one night and not only do you make it though a bunch of pages, but you also start a new thread. I must say, I'm impressed.

Since I didn't go last year, I have a very basic question about how mealtimes are handled. I'm sorry if it's dorky question, but we once got really burned financially b/c we didn't ask beforehand, and I want to know ahead of time.

How are the bills handled?

Obviously if everyone gets the buffet at something like Storyteller's, it's not difficult. But if someone orders from the menu, etc, it could throw things off, and my question isn't just about Storyteller's.

The "burn" situation happened when a bunch of us from the wedding planning message board I used to be on met up (with fiances) at Buca di Beppo. Hubby and I didn't know it was family style, but we were vegetarian at a table of omnivores, and figured we'd just get our own plate no biggie. Everyone else was ordering wine, prosciutto, special garlic bread, etc. We just had what we had. Then at the end of the meal as we got out what we owed plus tip, we were informed that they were just dividing the entire check by the number of couples. We paid well over what we should have paid, and ate/drank none of the extra. :( There was another couple who hadn't had their wedding yet AND whose parents weren't paying (unlike everyone else who was one or the other...though my dad did end up paying, we didn't trust that he would at the time), and they were just as angry as Robert and I were...they should have told us ahead of time. (and someone left without putting in for tip so we all had to cover even more for that couple)

With such a big group I'm sure they don't appreciate separate checks, so I'd just like to know now, how it's done at these meets, so we can get the awkward question answered now, rather than at the meal. :)

Thanks.:goodvibes

Since I didn't go last year, I have a very basic question about how mealtimes are handled. I'm sorry if it's dorky question, but we once got really burned financially b/c we didn't ask beforehand, and I want to know ahead of time.

How are the bills handled?

Obviously if everyone gets the buffet at something like Storyteller's, it's not difficult. But if someone orders from the menu, etc, it could throw things off, and my question isn't just about Storyteller's.

The "burn" situation happened when a bunch of us from the wedding planning message board I used to be on met up (with fiances) at Buca di Beppo. Hubby and I didn't know it was family style, but we were vegetarian at a table of omnivores, and figured we'd just get our own plate no biggie. Everyone else was ordering wine, prosciutto, special garlic bread, etc. We just had what we had. Then at the end of the meal as we got out what we owed plus tip, we were informed that they were just dividing the entire check by the number of couples. We paid well over what we should have paid, and ate/drank none of the extra. :( There was another couple who hadn't had their wedding yet AND whose parents weren't paying (unlike everyone else who was one or the other...though my dad did end up paying, we didn't trust that he would at the time), and they were just as angry as Robert and I were...they should have told us ahead of time. (and someone left without putting in for tip so we all had to cover even more for that couple)

With such a big group I'm sure they don't appreciate separate checks, so I'd just like to know now, how it's done at these meets, so we can get the awkward question answered now, rather than at the meal. :)

Thanks.:goodvibes

Molly: not a bad question at all. Actually, when we went to the Jazz Kitchen we DID get separate checks--since some of us had alcohol and some didn't. It was a mess--and took forever to resolve (because the waitress got some mixed up--but she did her best and was nice about it). I believe at Blue Bayou it was a group check, but everyone paid what they ordered for. (I know Ruth and I split). If anything, the tip might have been a few dollars more than it normally would have been, but I don't recall there being an issue with people feeling gauged. You paid for what you ordered (some people got the special lemonade with the lightup thingie on it for example). I didn't go to the Carnation Cafe or the House of Blues meals so don't know how those were done--but short answer is that at none of the meals I attended was the entire check just "divvied up" among the participants.

All the meals I went to we each just paid our share. As far as I am aware, it all worked out.

Molly, I've been to Buca Di Beppo so I know how those meals are done. None of the ones we are eating at during the trip are served family style like that. Everyone orders and pays for what they order with a little extra each for tip.

Last time at House of Blues, there was about 13 or 14 of us and they did separate checks. At Cafe Orleans there was about 16 of us and we all just paid for what we ordered.

The only thing I would say is if someone has to pay with plastic maybe they can talk to the waitress before hand and ask that their check be kept separate for that reason.

Hope that helps. It will be a little time consuming getting in and out of restaurants, but it should all work out ok. :)

OK, thanks. :)

Ever since that experience (and I had the feeling they would have done the check like that even without the family style service) I always have to ask. Not so I can step out of the situation, but so I can actually order more and eat what is offered to me. :laughing:

And now I know! Again, thanks!

OK, thanks. :)

Ever since that experience (and I had the feeling they would have done the check like that even without the family style service) I always have to ask. Not so I can step out of the situation, but so I can actually order more and eat what is offered to me. :laughing:

And now I know! Again, thanks!
No problem. It's better to ask then to wonder.
I can't imagine ever just asking everyone to pay based on the total of the bill. Not everyone orders the same thing, some order drinks, some order dessert, etc.

All we do ask is that each person keep track of what they've ordered and how much they need to add. :thumbsup2

No problem. It's better to ask then to wonder.
I can't imagine ever just asking everyone to pay based on the total of the bill. Not everyone orders the same thing, some order drinks, some order dessert, etc.

All we do ask is that each person keep track of what they've ordered and how much they need to add. :thumbsup2

Another question along the same lines for the veterans...

Will they honor the AP discount for the whole table? I am a Premium AP (and I am guessing that there are probably several others amongst the whole group of 30+ women), and I have to admit that I have gotten pretty spoiled by the 15% discount on meals. :)

We have traveled to DL with friends before and I konw that the BB honored my AP discount for the whole table (7 adults and 3 kids) even though our friends just had parkhoppers, but I am not sure how they would respond to a group as large as ours for Storyteller's. I would also guess that at CC each table would need to have an AP holder sitting at it to get the discounts. Thus, this might help us in assigning tables/times for that meal!;)

That is not you. You can't fool me. No one has a white background like that. LOL (At least I don't. Every space is filled with junk!)
Hurry and take a pic! :yay:

WHAT?!? I've been jogging and I got my house cleaned. :rolleyes1

OK, had to wait for DH to come home and find camera.

And will the real Jen (aka grizbuzz) please post her pic...

IMG_3746-1-1.jpg

There's the shirt and me and my backyard.
Size medium.
Kind of scratchy. I'll wash it in cold.
But will keep my DH warm, toocherie. ;)

WHAT?!? I've been jogging and I got my house cleaned. :rolleyes1

OK, had to wait for DH to come home and find camera.

And will the real Jen (aka grizbuzz) please post her pic...

IMG_3746-1-1.jpg

There's the shirt and me and my backyard.
Size medium.
Kind of scratchy. I'll wash it in cold.
But will keep my DH warm, toocherie. ;)

Just like the model. And yes, keep DH warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter