Girl Scout Mint Cookies

Are bugs REALLY tasty?? Ive never eaten one....that I can remember. Chicken is tasty, do bugs taste like chicken? Timon & Pumba say they are slimey, yet satisfying!! But the tasty part may have been edited out!!

Come on! You have never eaten a bug? Not even as a kid?

Maybe i was just weird. :confused3

Um...yeah...you were weird!!! ;)

Neff....My kids LOVE Kingdom Hearts...they pointed out your avatar!!!

Jody, ya got my wife going to wallyworld right now...I bet she has a problem finding the Wilton's candy mint flavoring...she a GirlScout ChocMint Cookie FREAK!!!!

I KNEW Gina & I had something in common (besides loving Rog - lol)!! As far as I'm concerned, there are NO other GS Cookies but Mint!!!

Mom of Pirates... a hearty Arrrrrr to ye and thank ye fer postin that there recipe!!!

Just eat them right out of the fire. Mmmmmmmm good. Actually, insects have a lot of protein in them -- great survival food and they're very tasty too!

If you're gonna eat grasshoppers, take off the wings and the legs - you can't digest them and they can block your intestinal tract. They were always a fav of mine, along with those big black ants - crunchy, a little smokey, kind of like popcorn with a kick.

If you're gonna eat grasshoppers, take off the wings and the legs - you can't digest them and they can block your intestinal tract.

The places I was (you too) I usually had the opposite problem - I take off the wings but not the legs. I like grubs too especially if you can have a fire and cook 'em. They really fry up good and really do taste a little like pork. Termites too, especially the really big ones in the jungle - just like nuts!

Yeah, grubs are good. Slugs will do in a pinch, but I used to soak them in a little salt water first - takes some of the slime and sludge out of them.

How in the **** did we go from thin mints to eating insects??? :sick::crazy2::crazy2::snail::snail::squirrel::butterfly

Regardless of what bugs I may have eaten as a child, this is the only grasshopper I plan on consuming any time soon.

Grasshopper
.5 oz. Green Creme de Menthe
.5 oz. White Creme de Menthe
.5 oz. Cream
Put the ingredients into a blender with a glassful of ice and blend until smooth. Serve in a margarita glass (if you have one), a cocktail glass, or a tumbler.
:drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter