Gil's on Castaway Cay

Heatherdbby

Mouseketeer
Hey -
does anyone have pricing on the rentals available at castaway cay?
Looking specifically for ones a toddler can do.
I heard there was like paddle boats?
a sand trike
floats
bike rentals

and anything that i don't know about :D

I don't have pricing info....but I wanted to chime in and say that I think there is PLENTY to do on CC without renting anything. We've been there twice and still have not exhausted all the free stuff to do, nor do we feel we've even seen the whole island yet. We first went when my kids were 3/6 and now we're going when they're 7/10 and I still feel the same about it. No need to do any shore excursions or extra stuff here...plenty to do with the beach, and kids' club, and the hammocks, and the gift shops, BBQ, pelican plunge water feature, etc. Regarding floats, we've always packed the ones from the dollar store (flat and cheap) and then just recycled them once we're done.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0ahUKEwi1lsvAwarVAhVI0FQKHbrcAYkQFggTMAI&url=http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/ports/castaway-cay.cfm&usg=AFQjCNGcjM5KChkmmzCqTfqIvAxAn7Wotg

Not sure how old it is but it looks about right considering what I said I thought the paddle boats cost us. I totally could have been off by $2!

Oh this is super helpful

I don't have pricing info....but I wanted to chime in and say that I think there is PLENTY to do on CC without renting anything. We've been there twice and still have not exhausted all the free stuff to do, nor do we feel we've even seen the whole island yet. We first went when my kids were 3/6 and now we're going when they're 7/10 and I still feel the same about it. No need to do any shore excursions or extra stuff here...plenty to do with the beach, and kids' club, and the hammocks, and the gift shops, BBQ, pelican plunge water feature, etc. Regarding floats, we've always packed the ones from the dollar store (flat and cheap) and then just recycled them once we're done.
I am trying to not rent too much but because he is so young, there isn't a lot of excursions he can do in other ports. Since CC has stuff his age that can be rented I want to take advantage of that.

Oh this is super helpful

I am trying to not rent too much but because he is so young, there isn't a lot of excursions he can do in other ports. Since CC has stuff his age that can be rented I want to take advantage of that.
Be aware that there are age requirements for most of the stuff on CC, including float rentals. That webpage lists almost everything except the bikes and boat rides as minimum age of 5.

Be aware that there are age requirements for most of the stuff on CC, including float rentals. That webpage lists almost everything except the bikes and boat rides as minimum age of 5.

hmmm i might just bring my own float. The child lovessss floats.

inflatables are a prohibited item to bring with you. I think its likely that you can rent a float and let your kid use it, but the activity is still listed as 5 and up. here is a recent list of all the things to do with prices

Attachments

• Port-Adventures-Castaway-Cay-January-2014-Magic.pdf
    499.6 KB · Views: 22
inflatables are a prohibited item to bring with you. I think its likely that you can rent a float and let your kid use it, but the activity is still listed as 5 and up. here is a recent list of all the things to do with prices
Thank you!

Also the ship is amazing while everyone if off at port. When my son was younger he couldn't do a lot of the excursions due to the age limit. We hang out on the boat and love it. He spent an hour on the mickey water slide as he had it all to himself!

Also the ship is amazing while everyone if off at port. When my son was younger he couldn't do a lot of the excursions due to the age limit. We hang out on the boat and love it. He spent an hour on the mickey water slide as he had it all to himself!

My kid is weird and loves slides but terrified of water slides >.<
I am thinking however he is going to love the Nemo section/splash pad thing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter