~Getting back to POR, at night, from the Boardwalk~

ADznyDrmr

Earning My Ears
I saw another post that stated, "There ARE Disney buses that are provided at the Boardwalk Resort's bus stop that will take guests back to their WDW Resorts following late night activities at the Boardwalk." (quoting Robo)

We have a limited amount of time on our upcoming visit (April), and we're considering leaving Epcot at closing (9pm), walking to the Boardwalk, wandering around, and maybe hitting Jellyrolls. Because I've seen conflicting information about Disney bus transportation to and from the Boardwalk, I'm hoping to get some clarification here. I don't really care if there is transportation TO the Boardwalk since we'll be walking from Epcot, but it is vital that I know for sure whether or not there is any transportation back to POR. If there is, is there a site that lists the schedule with the time the buses stop running? Also, what are your thoughts on the safety of walking from Epcot to the Boardwalk after park closing?

Maybe much later at night there could be special buses to WDW resorts from the Boardwalk but I've never seen them.The Boardwalk is considered another resort and thus it has no resort to resort transporation.Your two options are to either take the bus back to DTD from the Boardwalk and grab a bus or the boat back to POR.The other option is to find out what time DHS closes and walk or take the boat from the Boardwalk to DHS and grab the POR bus there,as long as it's no more than an hour or so after DHS closes there'll be buses from DHS.The walkway is very safe and leaving Epcot after closing the walkway will be packed with people so safety is not an issue.If you plan to walk to DHS from the Boardwalk the walkway does get a little dark around the Buena Vista Dr. overpass,there are lights in the whole walkway and you will see others walking but that from the Luna Park pool in the Boardwalk to just before you get to the DHS parking lot can be a bit dark.

Last time I was at Jellyrolls (spring 2010) they had bus transportation to other resorts late at night. If that isn't the case anymore, you'll definitely be able to get a cab.

Walking from Epcot to the Boardwalk is exceedingly safe.

Thank you both for your replies. I guess I'll have to give up a bit of control, and just see what happens! :lmao: Worse case scenario, we have to get a cab (we're talking midnight or later, so I don't think a bus will be running from DHS) back to POR. We've never been down to the Boardwalk, and I'm not even sure what time it closes! Have a good week!! :goodvibes

BW is my home resort, so I spend most of my stays there. It is exceedingly safe to walk around the area after park closing times. I have even walked home from DHS, to BW, at 1:30am, by myself...yeah, it was a bit spooky, but I never felt unsafe.
So..buses to resorts from BW. Yes, they exist. BUT...they are not direct. They run pretty much the same way buses at the last HDDR show run....they combine resorts, so make multiple stops along the way. It can be lengthy.
If it were me, I would just take a cab. Much quicker. The valet people can call one for you...there are usually 2 or 3 cabs hanging out along the driveway area at BW in any case.

Thanks goofy4tink! I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I've <whispers> never used a cab! So I guess it will be a vacation full of firsts! LOL

Thanks goofy4tink! I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I've <whispers> never used a cab! So I guess it will be a vacation full of firsts! LOL

I'm 55, and I have never used a cab either! I'd feel funny since I wouldn't know what to do. How much tip do you give the driver? Aren't they super expensive?

I generally don't carry cash around, but I'm assuming that modern day taxis have card machines? Augh. I guess I should just make sure I have cash that night!! Glad I'm not the only one lacking experience with cabs Donna! lol

There is another added advantage to staying at POR. I go back from the resorts in the evening all the time.

You can take the DTD bus back to the hub. The buses run until 2:00 am and the water taxi runs until 11:00 pm (the buses run every 20 minutes and the water taxi runs every ten minutes.)

I have never waited more than a few minutes for a water taxi back to POR.

last time i stayed at POR and spent the night at jellyrolls a couple of times.

the first time we were still able to catch a bus to dtd then to por.....it was not worth the hassle...

second time we got a taxi...which is exactly what i will be doing this time when i go and ill be staying at CBR

total for taxi with tip is between $10-$15
i dont remember entirely and im adding for price increase since the last time i did it was in 2008

but its definately worth it, just go to the front of the bw and the valet will call a taxi for you.

when your taxi pulls up to POR you need to show the security gate your room key to prove you belong on property

oh and also
on the cash/card thing

not sure if the taxis have card readers or not

but if you go to jellyrolls you will want cash on you.
its $10/person cover charge to get in

drinks you can pay cash or you can put a credit card down, but every time i put a credit card down they put a $50 hold on it....to me thats alot for a bar so i prefer cash

Great information teddygurl28! I appreciate you taking the time to share that! I don't want to carry much cash around that day at Epcot, but I bet there are plenty of ATMs on the Boardwalk. I'm so excited!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter