Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

DTD update: saw on ig that Harbor entrance has a 45 minute wait as of about 4:05pm 😳. When I left Simba side around 1:45 today it had a 90 minute wait, I’m sure it’s still just as long. Bring your patience! Holiday weekend is for sure here.

EDIT: Jk harbor side is 1 hour wait 😳

How are the entry lines today? I know yesterday was a disaster. Hoping it’s an outlier because we want to go tomorrow

Wow! Just got home to read some of these responses about entrance wait times on Saturday and Sunday and we are SO GLAD we went Friday instead! We parked at the Anaheim Hotel and literally were the only people going through security (twice... we went back to the car once to drop packages since we had an hour to kill till our dinner reservation anyway).

Thanks to all for the information and tips. We would not have gone JUST to see DTD but as part of a little Southern California weekend, it was quite lovely. I did my part to help the Anaheim economy, for sure!

Wow! Just got home to read some of these responses about entrance wait times on Saturday and Sunday and we are SO GLAD we went Friday instead! We parked at the Anaheim Hotel and literally were the only people going through security (twice... we went back to the car once to drop packages since we had an hour to kill till our dinner reservation anyway).

Thanks to all for the information and tips. We would not have gone JUST to see DTD but as part of a little Southern California weekend, it was quite lovely. I did my part to help the Anaheim economy, for sure!
So glad you had a good trip! :)

Anyone there today? Curious to know what the crowds are like. Planning on going at around 3, but have no interest in waiting an hour+ to get in.

Anyone there today? Curious to know what the crowds are like. Planning on going at around 3, but have no interest in waiting an hour+ to get in.
I’m not there, but an instagrammer showed a line wrapped around one of the ticket booths to get into DCA for BVS! 😳 there was not a line Saturday or Sunday to get in there. I’m sure both entrances are about an hour or more.

I’m sure the holiday is brining the crowds. But Passholders get 30% off since it’s a Monday so I’m sure that enticed people to come out too since there’s no work or school.

I’m not there, but an instagrammer showed a line wrapped around one of the ticket booths to get into DCA for BVS! 😳 there was not a line Saturday or Sunday to get in there. I’m sure both entrances are about an hour or more.

I’m sure the holiday is brining the crowds. But Passholders get 30% off since it’s a Monday so I’m sure that enticed people to come out too since there’s no work or school.
This happened on MLK day too.

Here now. We were at the parking lot before they opened. Was insane. By the time we got to DCA, the line for ANYTHiNg was looking an hour plus. Now waiting for WOD, it’s noon and the first store we are getting into.

Here now. We were at the parking lot before they opened. Was insane. By the time we got to DCA, the line for ANYTHiNg was looking an hour plus. Now waiting for WOD, it’s noon and the first store we are getting into.
That doesn’t sound fun at all. Thanks for the first hand report! Hoping it dies down after lunch but not holding my breath.

We just left DTD. We got here at 9:50. We ate corn dogs at award wieners, and went to WOD. That’s it. That took close to 3 hours. We were there opening day of DCA in November and today’s crowds were worse. To be expected with the holiday but just sharing in case people are planning to go down today. The line for WOD was pretty long and there was no QR code waiting just standby. When walking back to the car, we heard the cast member telling other families walking up it was a 3 hour standby wait to get in. So between trying to get into the parking lot and the 3 hour zigzag standby waiting.....if you are headed down today... I would wait unless you really wanted something.

How do you think the crowds will be tomorrow? I am heading up with my daughter to see the new Star Wars store.

How do you think the crowds will be tomorrow? I am heading up with my daughter to see the new Star Wars store.
I’m guessing a little busier than a normal Tuesday but no where like today. Only a handful of districts here have the whole week off.

Is it assumed that if you have reservations for the Star Wars store, you can skip the line like with dining reservations? I guess we will know for sure tomorrow, but I’m just wondering. I go Wednesday but not until the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter