Germany cuckoo clock prices?

sydneymorganmom

Mouseketeer
DH is letting me choose one for Christmas and I was wondering if anyone knows a general price range for them and if it’s crazy expensive to ship it home?

I don't remember the cost of the clocks, but I do know that Disney's shipping costs are based off of the price of the item.

When I purchased mine last year, they started around $150 and went up. The one that I chose was around $450. I didn't ship it, so not sure about the pricing of that. It does come VERY well packed.

Thank you for answering a long-held question, that being, "Who buys this stuff??" I always wonder when going through some of those stores and I see very niche and very expensive items - who comes to WDW and shops for this kind of thing? Now I know: @sydneymorganmom :-)

(I'm not making fun of the purchase - I actually think the clocks are cool. And I assumed people buy them or they wouldn't be for sale...)

My wife and I have been looking at those clocks forever, but the prices I saw were always arround 1000! I am going to have to look closer if there are in fact ones that are cheaper like that! Any idea if the Annual pass discount works on them?

We are huge Cuckoo clock lovers, we have about 6. The clocks sold at the Germany pavilion are very well made, from a recognized Black Forest clock maker. They might be a little more expensive at WDW, but the prices aren't that out of line for the quality.

That would be an awesome present!

The prices don't seem out of line for a cuckoo clock. We have one (well DH has one) that is quite elaborate. His family is of German descent and he still has relatives there. There are usually no two exactly alike and they are hand crafted.

We bought one in June. According to my receipt, the clock was $750.00. The shipping charge was $39.95. It was tax exempt, so the grand total was $789.95.

Thank you for answering a long-held question, that being, "Who buys this stuff??" I always wonder when going through some of those stores and I see very niche and very expensive items - who comes to WDW and shops for this kind of thing? Now I know: @sydneymorganmom :-)

(I'm not making fun of the purchase - I actually think the clocks are cool. And I assumed people buy them or they wouldn't be for sale...)

Ha! That’s funny! I often think the same thing about the really expensive art they sell. Like you, I think people must buy it or they wouldn’t sell it. I hold much nostalgia for all clocks especially cuckoo. With Christmas coming I thought it would be a great present and souvenir!

My wife and I have been looking at those clocks forever, but the prices I saw were always arround 1000! I am going to have to look closer if there are in fact ones that are cheaper like that! Any idea if the Annual pass discount works on them?

I assumed the AP and DVC wouldn’t work but I’m definitely asking!!

Yes, I was able to use my AP discount!

Definitely look again because there were many different price points. I wanted a cuckoo that wasn't too elaborate but traditional.

We bought ours on our Germany Adventures by Disney trip - had it shipped from Rothenburg. Every hour I smile and think of that beautiful trip!

That is awesome!! Since I highly doubt that I will ever get to Germany, the cuckoo had to be from my happy place.

I made DH disable it. The bird drove me crazy. Every half hour, one cuckoo. On the hour, the number of cuckoos corresponding to the time. Even in the middle of the night. It still looks pretty.

they can drive you "cuckoo"!!! :crazy: But I adore it! And we had such a beautiful time in Germany and Central Europe that it brings back all those memories!
ours was $750 US dollars shipped from Germany.

We spent $450 on ours and since it was packed so well we just took it in our carry-on bag. We opted for a smaller and simpler model so it doesn't have as many moving parts as some of the more elaborate clocks. Most have a switch to turn the cuckoo part off too. It's one of my favorite souvenirs from Disney :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter