Gemmybear 83's Magical Christmas Journey Home - Day 3 Disneyland, Walts & Inventions

gemmybear83

<font color=royalblue>I would blame it all on Bob<
We woke up bright and early for our 7:45 breakfast. There were no queues, and we went stright into the beaver creek tavern I liked the theming it was very cosy.

078.jpg

Our waitress gave us a hidden mickey when she showed us to our table:

077.jpg

We then walked to the disneyland park for extra magic hours, we got there for about 8:20 and it was very quiet.

079.jpg

We did all the extra magic hours rides in fantasyland except for Les Voyages de Pinocchio as he had some "technical difficulties".

We then went and did Buzz (in my marie ears!:laughing: )

084.jpg

and Henry braved Space Mountain while I chickened out and took some photos

080.jpg

081.jpg

We then had a look round the shops and I admired these cute window displays on Main Street

085.jpg

086.jpg

Once the park opened at 10am we went to frontierland to go on Big Thunder Mountain, but it was experiencing technical difficulties so went to Mickeys Winterwonderland show early.

Now am I the only one who finds it difficult finding the entrance to the Chaparral theater? I found the exit ok but couldnt find the entrance!

The show was lovely I loved the characters ice skating and all the Christmas songs

096.jpg

098.jpg

108.jpg

We then had a wander through adventureland

117.jpg

and walked through Le Passage Enchanté d'Aladdin which I have never been through before and thought was quite cute

115.jpg

111.jpg

110.jpg

I really want to try here on our next trip, the food looks yummy!
116.jpg

Teh park was getting busier now and it was approaching 12 so we wandered down Main Street for our Walts reservation
119.jpg

We arrived at Walts for 11:45, there were already a few people waiting our reservation was taken and we waited in the lobby and I took photos:

121.jpg

122.jpg

123.jpg

The famous Club33 lift replica

124.jpg

There was a french man there even more excited than me and he was taking photos of everything and squealed with excitement!

At 12 we were each given a ticket and taken upstairs to our table. We were sited in the frontierland room, at first I was disapointed we didnt get a window seat but I could still see Main Street so I was happy :)

125.jpg

126.jpg

128.jpg

129.jpg

I love the interior in here, it is so magical. They played the Christmas music from Main Street too.

Me looking very excited!

132.jpg

The menu for Walts has changed and it seemed a lot smaller :confused3 , I'm hoping this was only because it was open open between 12-3pm (I will put the menu on the review board along with my review).

Walts itself was packed by about 12:15, you will need a reservation if you want to eat here.

We ate off the 19 express lunch menu which was really good value for money as the main course was about the same price normally:thumbsup2 .

We both had the chicken marsalla with roast potatoes and vegetables. This was really tasty with a creamy sauce for the chicken.

134.jpg

and for dessert we both ahd the gourmet coffee

135.jpg

this was all nice but in the middle was a pear sorbet which was delicious and very refreshing!

We had a couple of soft drinks with our meal and then used our 15% shareholders discount so the lunch was very good value for money.:thumbsup2

We then went on Its a Small World one of my favourites, I was pleased the fountains were working

141.jpg

I also love the walk through bit at the end its so cute!

152.jpg

We then went to wander through Belle's Chistmas village which was very cute although there was no sign of Belle!

153.jpg

154.jpg

155.jpg

Then it was onto Le Pays des Contes de Fées which I was really looking forward too. I have never been on this, the last time we went to Disneyland Paris the queue was 2 hours all day!:scared1:

I loved this the ride was so cute :goodvibes

157.jpg

162.jpg

169.jpg

173.jpg

174.jpg

We then went on Casey Junior and we got to sit up front!:banana: A french lady laughed at how excited I was by this!

177.jpg

On casey:

178.jpg

Oooo! Walts looks soooo yummy!!!

Lol- I loved sitting up front on Casey Jnr too! :goodvibes

Bob xoxoxox

Aww I like Belle's christmas village... makes me feel really xmasy and reminds me of being there last year :(.....You've made me want to give Walts another go too....

We then went on Pirates

179.jpg

I had forgotton how much better this Pirates is compared to WDW its ten times better! Loved it!

At 3:30 we went back to Main Street to find somewhere to watch the parade. By this time my feet were really hurting, we couldnt sit down as it was wet so we stood in front of a pillar (well leaned against it!).

Then the parade started, I loved it. I loved the fact you smell the floats and the Christmas bit at the was lovely. I also loved the loved song its stuck in my head now!

180.jpg

183.jpg

184.jpg

194.jpg

My favourite I love ariel

220.jpg

By the end of the parade it was getting dark, I needed new batteries so we went over to Discoveryland. I love discoveryland in the dark with all the lighting

222.jpg

Now it was time to watch the enchanted candelbration. I was really looking forward to this....

223.jpg

I loved the enchanted bit, it was so magical the princesses danced and they projected snowfall on the castle then they gradually lit up the castle and it looked beautiful

226.jpg

238.jpg

Main Street also looked lovely, with the princess lamps all lit up

239.jpg

We then went and got some much needed hot chocolates from Market Street deli as it was very cold now brrrrr

We then went and got our places for Fantillusion we were opposite Walts on the corner, and this turned out to be a great place as we could watch the the stops on the parade too.:thumbsup2

I loved it when Mickey made everything white and then colourful

243.jpg

247.jpg

249.jpg

I loved the villan parade stop

252.jpg

We had Inventions booked for 8pm, so we went along at 7:45 after a nosey round the Disneyland Hotel.

We were taken straight to our table and a note was made that we were paying with a premium half board voucher.

We had a lovely castle view seat, right next to the food!:rotfl:

259.jpg

260.jpg

Mickey came over straight away and we got some pictures

257.jpg

258.jpg

Here are my starters and main course pictures. The food was lovely, I am not a big fan of buffets but the food was very tasty and good quality.

261.jpg

The mash potato on my plate was the best best mashed potato ever!

262.jpg

I didnt have any desserts just some very tasty brie and crackers.

We met Mickey, Donald, Gepatto, Pluto, Tigger and Minnie.

Tigger was so funny he stood on a lady's handbag and it got wrapped around his tail, the lady told him off and he blamed it on Henry. We didnt believe him and he tried to hide then chuck himself out of the window :laughing: :rotfl:

Everytime he walked by us he would try to hide!

263.jpg

265.jpg

267.jpg

268.jpg

We didnt have to pay for the meal as with out voucher we got a soft drink each so we just left the voucher and a tip.

I thought the food here was lovely, and the cast members made sure that any children who had strayed out of their seat was sent back so everyone got lots of character attention but I doubt I would go abck as I feel we have done it, and I prefer table service meals.

Wonderful!

You make me want to go now!!! Luckily we are :rotfl2:

We then took a couple of photos on the way home. The Disneyland hotel is lovely but its nowhere near as plush as the Grand Floridian at WDW especially given the price you pay to stay there.

272.jpg

Saying all of that I wouldnt say no to a visit :rotfl2:

273.jpg

We then had a little wander through disney village and off too bed - we were so tired by this point we had been out for 12 hours! Hardcore!:laughing:

277.jpg

I always thought the entrance to Mickeys Winter Wonderland was the same as the exit lol.

I love Inventions, the best food i have eaten in the whole of DLRP.

Great photos.

more great photos, I'm just loving them all :) your meal at Walts looks fantastic, I can't wait for dd to be a bit older so we can appreciate a bit of fine dining at DLP.

Loving the character photos too, just fab !! x

Wow you seemed to get an awful lot done today! Loved the night time pictures, I'm really looking forward to seeing the park in the dark.

Very busy day :)

Impressed that you managed both Walt's and Inventions on the say day :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter