Geen Yight - She's Out of Sight: A Trip of Leaps and Bounds

So sorry you had to leave the magic! :sad2:

In case I don't get a chance to check in for a few days, welcome home and good luck adjusting to the real world again :hug: I'm going to a Red Sox game with my mom tomorrow, and I'm going to Cape Cod with my dad for a few days on Saturday! Would you believe me if I told you I lived in the ocean state and haven't been to the beach this summer? There's a beach in my town! :laughing: Well I'll have some beach time at the Cape! I'm probably taking my laptop with me so I might check in while I'm there. If not, I'll be back on Tuesday!

Hi ladies! It was so much fun meeting up with you on the 4th. The kids had a great time - my brother's friend proclaimed the fireworks were, "life-changing." :rotfl2: I think I have another Disney convert on my hands!!

I'm glad to hear you got home safely. We have our last day here today; we've been going pretty strong the last 4-5 days and so today is going to be a rest in the house and relax kind of day.

Hopefully we'll get to meet up again real soon! Thanks again for the fun evening, talk to you soon!

~ Katie princess:

The Disney sky cried big time as we were leaving yesterday. I'd say it rains about 90% of the time on our last days. Some are just drizzles, but yesterday must have been especially sad, because the sky was boo-hooing. ::yes::

Before we left, Jill needed to run back to Epcot and get a sombrero for Bella's teacher, as they are going to be doing a unit on Mexico. Jill said she'd leave me at the Swan/Dolphin to take pictures, since that was one of my goals. They were the only 'Disney' resorts I had not been in. The girls and I wandered those resorts a few minutes, then took the boat to Yacht Club, where Jill had ended up parking, to meet a very soaked Jill and John. They got into dry clothes, and we finally hit the road. They decided to just switch driving often and go ahead and push all the way home. We got here about 4:50 a.m.

We had much fun, as always. We met nice people, we ate good food, we did things that made us smile and laugh. The girls were so good. We made a lot of fun memories and have many pictures to share with you.

One thing we did a little more of this trip was to get to know the cast members, who are such a vital part of running the well-oiled machine that is Disney World. We stopped a minute longer sometime to engage them in conversation and to thank them - just to get to know them as people. We were more conscious to gather the names and stories, and we will share that with you, as well.

Are we ready to go back?
YES!!! :cool1:

Between now and the time I go back, I will be doing church camp, my new Y job, and starting a new school year with the extra T-Th tutoring. While I was on the trip, I got some new info through school e-mail about all we are going to be doing to implement our new Core Curriculum. We will be doing some after-school meetings - more than usual. I don't know how that will affect the Y job, so now I am a little hesitant to start that, especially for the little bit of money I will really get out of it. I'm wavering right now as to whether the hours are worth it. I'm probably going to give it a try, though, and see. I'm just on the fence a little more with that now than I was before I left. We also are starting a new teacher evaluation system which will require more paperwork. I don't know, just the more I thought of it, I think I might be better off to try a higher paying part-time job. Even though the Y will be easy, it also pays very little. I am wondering about the learning centers. Does anyone know what they pay their tutors?

Brooklynn and I will be going back with Kay and her granddaughter in October. We'll be meeting up with a growing crew of fun DISers. :dance3: Our trip will revolve mostly around things little girls like to do. We are sending out special wishes for some free dining pixie dust to be scattered on us soon. If not, we'll just eat on a small budget and still have a great time. :)

We have to go to Chattanooga tomorrow for a wedding. Give us a few days to get it all together, and we'll get started on a new report. Jill has to go full throttle this week at work with some late nights. I have to do church camp shopping and do a CPR training Friday night and all day Saturday, then church camp starts Sunday. It may be a couple of weeks, actually, before we really get going.

Thanks for following us on Facebook. Hope you enjoyed it all!

Have fun at the wedding. Take your time with the report. We will be here when you have time.

Sending pixie dust for free dining or a good pin code for the room.

Wow, you do have some busy days ahead! Take a deep breath and dive in!!!
Marc said you would get paid more at a place like Sylvan learning center but they are hard to get on at unless you have an "in" there...
Looking forward to October, but we have so much to accomplish before that trip happens!:eek:

Welcome home! I'm so glad to hear that you all had a wonderful trip. I can't wait to read about all that you did!

One of my cousins owns a Sylvan Learning Center here in NC. They do one on one tutoring after school and in the summer. All the tutors are certified teachers. They pay pretty decent money too. If you have one of those in your area, I would definitely look into it. I think that would be a lot better pay than the Y and you would only teach one child at a time. Please keep us posted on that. I'd love to know if that works out for you.

How about pray for some FD pixie dust for me too. I've been waiting and waiting for an October discount to come out, but nothing has yet. I'd prefer FD, but I will take a 40% off discount too. I just want SOMETHING! I'm starting to panic! :scared1: And what are you dates again? Mine are still unsettled, but I hope to nail something down soon.

I'm glad to hear you guys are home safe and sound and that you had a great trip! Even that you accomplished some "goals":thumbsup2 I'm excited to hear all about it! After you deal with your chaotic schedules and get back to the swing of real life again of course!:rolleyes:

Welcome home, MeMom & Jill!!!

It sounds like you both will be super busy over the next couple of weeks -- so please take your time! We'll all still be here waiting!!! :thumbsup2

Loved following your updates & seeing the pictures!!! It was fun to "be there" with you guys if only through a photo! Looks like you had lots of fun & I can't wait to hear about your conversations with the CM's! Its always fun to get to know them!

Keep watching your mailboxes & email for PIN codes for October!!! I know of a few people who got them within the last week or so (room discount pin codes)

Have a great weekend!!! :goodvibes

Welcome back!! No rush getting started - I always am so far behind anyway! :laughing:

Sounds like a great trip, and a busy next couple weeks for you guys!! Maybe then you won't miss WDW so much if you're busy!

Welcome home MeMom & Jill! For the first time ever I can say that I enjoyed following along with your trip on FB :banana:

I'll be going in October now too, joining up with Wig'd and her crew, I so hope we get a chance to meet while I'm there!

Glad you made it home safe! I really enjoyed getting all of the pictures; especially the one of our stone!! It means a lot to me that you went and found it.

Glad to hear you guys had an amazing trip! :wizard:
Funny, it always rains really hard on our last day too. I remember being stuck in the waiting area for Carousel of Progress for a good half hour last August. :scared1:
Can't wait to see all of your pictures and hear all of your stories!!!

Welcome home! :grouphug:

Have a great time at the wedding! Maybe we will see some pics when all the dust settles.

I do look forward to seeing all the pics...but I will wait patiently til you have the time. ;)

Too bad you have to jump right back into a heavy schedule...but there will be less time to miss Disney. :hug:

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THE FACEBOOK PICS! THEY WERE SO MUCH FUN! :thumbsup2

Welcome home ladies! I really enjoyed all the pictures on FB and look forward to the report.

Enjoy the wedding.

Welcome Back! I really enjoyed following along on your trip through FB and with your text. I'm so glad y'all had such a great trip and arrived home safe and sound.
Can't wait to see and hear all anout the trip, but I totally understand how busy you and Jill are. So I'll be here when you get the time.:)

By the way if you don't mind....Ty would like to show you a picture. He got a wonderful postcard from Mickey Mouse and some other very special "friends"! He just wanted everyone to know he thanks them very much and he really got a kick out of it!
012-2.jpg

Look at that face! That's one happy little boy! Thank you again!

So glad you're all home safely and that you had a fabulous time! :goodvibes

Your last-day rain story reminds me of our last day, which was your first day, when we met last summer...remember how it was coming down, too?

Wow, you really do have a lot going on the next few weeks, so just do whatcha gotta do...we'll be here!! :)

I'm glad you had a good trip. I hope you saved enough energy to get through the next few weeks. It sounds like you will need it. Thanks for sharing your pictures while you were gone. They were a real treat.

Glad ya'll made it home safely. I enjoyed following along on FB and will patiently wait for ya'll to get started on the TR for this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter