GC Conceirge

iloveokw said:
Is this worth the extra $$ and what do you get for your $$. Thanks.

You get your own check in desk on the Concierge floor, plus access to the Concierge Lounge. In the lnge they have a nice Continental breakfast plus drinks and snacks throught the day.

Also, at night, you can watch the fireworks from the lounge. They typically pipe in the music so you can hear it during the show.

My wife and I love the Concierge access. The added benefits are a nice little extra perk.

Priority check-in
Reservations(for tours, Fantasmic, dining) and vacation planning, itinerary planning
Exclusive lounge, with complementary drinks and snacks
Nightly turndown service
DVD Players and complimentary movie check-out

I have never stayed in the concierge room, so as to whether or not its worth the money I don't know. The provided refreshments are usually enough for a light breakfast and afternoon snack, plus there is bottled water and sodas you can take with you to the parks.

We have stayed in the concierge level a few times at the Grand. We've only done it when we can get a good AP rate but it's worth it every now and then at least to us. It is definately a nice treat. You do ahve a separate check in, you have access to the lounge where you will find snack (cookies, chips, and fruit) available all day long. In the morning they have a nice continental breakfast. I don't know if they still have it but around 5pm there is the wine hour where you can drink wine, multiple varities. In the evening there are cookies and other goodies available before bedtime. We have used the concierge to book us reservations for Fantasmic and meals.

The concierge level in both the DLH and PPH are very similar in service, but we prfer the GCH. At the DLH you have access to the glass elevator, a neat perk for little ones.

This is a tough one. We have done concierge at GC and the downtown Disney view at GC. We are heading back in May, and are opting not to do concierge this time. Don't get me wrong, the service is fabulous, but we really didn't feel our family got the bang for the buck. We have 2 boys, ages 3 and 4. They didn't care much for what they served for lunch and evening. They did eat the cookies and strawberries! :-) Last time we were in concierge, it was Christmas time, so they had Christmas singers and stories in the lounge at night. That was a nice touch. The menus were the same almost every day, with exception of one item or two. Lots of "fancy foods". The boys did eat a few of the PBJs. But, even though we all ate breakfast there and we took advantage of the waters and sodas, we felt like we didn't get enough to make us stay on that level again. If you have any other questions, please feel free to let me know. This time, we requested a fridge in the room and will stock up on waters and snacks prior to arrival.

Have fun!

We leave for DL in 3 weeks and 2 days! We're staying at GC and opted to try the concierge this time. I let you know what we think.
My children are a bit older, 6 & 10, and we're also traveling with Aunt B. She & I will probably like it more. I'm excited to find out :)

Another poster once said her family felt they nearly got their $ worth in free water lol.
It certainly isn't a deal, anyway you stretch it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter