Gay Days 2008

Is there a gay day for August at all??????

It's always pretty gay 'round here :lmao:

But no, there arent any "official" events in August. Mannequins at PI is always almost entirely gay on Thursdays, all year round (at least until September :sad: )

Hi, may I please ask a question? No flaming allowed. We will be visiting Disney next Jun 7-13, 2009. One of my friends is concerned because of the Gay Days weekend. We are all straight with a total of 6 kids between us. Two 13, three 6 and one 4. The 13s won't say anything and neither will the 4year old. It's the 6 year olds we are worried about. Unfortunatly they are all very outspoken, yet we have kept them sheltered. If they see something unusual to them, they wil say it. We don't want to embarrass anyone. We teach them tolerance (my daughter never notices the color of one's skin), but this is something we have never encountered with them before. Guess what I am looking for is some insight as to if a lot of people stay for the whole week after and if we will encountered inappropriate behavior. We had that problem 12 years ago when we were there. What I saw I would have been embarrassed had it been a straight couple. And I'm not a prude. Please any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, may I please ask a question? No flaming allowed. We will be visiting Disney next Jun 7-13, 2009. One of my friends is concerned because of the Gay Days weekend.
My Dear Eyor,

June 7 is the last official Gay Day. The park for the day will be Epcot as it has been for the last few years. If you avoid Epcot that day, you should avoid any uncomfortabilities with the 6-year-olds.

Luv 'n' Stuff,
Bob of

So if I go to Gay Days next year, do you all recommend staying on or off site?

So if I go to Gay Days next year, do you all recommend staying on or off site?

If you like to party, then you may want to book the Royal Plaza or P-House. If you want to relax, then you'd probably want to book on property.

Of course you can always stay on property and drive/take a cab to the parties as well!

My partner and I and our kids will be there for the event. We'll be staying at Pop Century. Plans are from the 2nd till the 14th. The date can't get here fast enough!! :goodvibes

Is Gay Days straight friendly or would I get the "why are you here, this is about us" reaction at events? I'd love to take my 14yo DD down during gay days. I've always been very open w/ her about all lifestyles & supportive of gay rights. I really want it to be a positive experience for her. Not a gross out fest. She says eewww when her Dad & I kiss. LOL I've never been before & heard it can get a little raunchy from those trying to be "in your face". Has that been your experience? How old are your kids? Thanks for all the info.

I'd like to head to WDW in 2009 for Gay Days. I have a time share in Boardwalk Villas and would like to link up with someone in Sacramento. Any suggestions?

Is Gay Days straight friendly or would I get the "why are you here, this is about us" reaction at events? I'd love to take my 14yo DD down during gay days. I've always been very open w/ her about all lifestyles & supportive of gay rights. I really want it to be a positive experience for her. Not a gross out fest. She says eewww when her Dad & I kiss. LOL I've never been before & heard it can get a little raunchy from those trying to be "in your face". Has that been your experience? How old are your kids? Thanks for all the info.

I've only seen it get raunchy at the parties that happen throughout town, not actually at the parks. As a matter of fact, some guys we were hanging out with at Epcot this year complained that PoP was too "G-rated" for their tastes, so they were staying at the host hotel to go to the parties next year :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter