Gates and Six Flags

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
Gates Increases Stake in Six Flags
Microsoft Corp. Chairman Bill Gates Increases Stake in Amusement Park Operator Six Flags

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Microsoft Corp. Chairman Bill Gates has increased his stake in amusement park operator Six Flags Inc. to 10.2 percent, according to a filing Friday with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

On Aug. 1, Gates reported an 8.6 percent stake in the Oklahoma City-based company.

New York Stock Exchange-listed Six Flags shares closed Friday at $5.24, down 19 cents, or 3.5 percent.

The filing denotes a passive investment stake in a company. Filers aren't required to provide a reason for any changes in stake.

Since Bill is in my backyard, I wonder, "just what is he doing?"

My theory of the day, and yes I'm just making this up as I go along....last year Six Flags bought our local Seattle amusement park, and since his daughter turned (turns) 6 this year she's quickly approaching the right age to start enjoying these types of places, and he wants to make sure she has a nice place to play.

Six Flag's stock did just take a big hit a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps he just feels its undervalued now. Or perhaps he has a potential move in mind for the future...

Hopefully this will mean a infusion of cash to my local SF park .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter