Garden Grocer or Amazon Prime Now?

IMO, we love Amazon Prime Pantry! We do it every trip with water, snacks & even some toiletries. The prices are the same I would find in town and I feel the GG prices seems to be a little elevated. Of course, Amazon isn't going to deliver "cold" items, beer or wine. If those are a priority for you that could be a tipping point. We don't need those things so Amazon Prime Pantry is the best option for our family.

If you have an Amazon Prime membership, you can use Amazon Prime Now for fruits, vegetables and refrigerated items. They do not sell beer or wine, though.

Pros and Cons

Garden Grocer has excellent customer service but the food prices are higher, there is a $40 minimum order and a delivery charge. You can get a discount on the delivery charge if you order weeks early. They do sell alcohol

Amazon has a $20 minimum so it doesn't hurt to order again mid-week. They deliver within in two hours and there is no delivery charge. They do recommend a tip of $15 or 10% whichever is higher. The negative is that the selection is nowhere near GG. Very limited fruits and all of the breads and milk here organic so higher prices. No alcohol.

If you have an Amazon Prime membership, you can use Amazon Prime Now for fruits, vegetables and refrigerated items. They do not sell beer or wine, though.

Pros and Cons

Garden Grocer has excellent customer service but the food prices are higher, there is a $40 minimum order and a delivery charge. You can get a discount on the delivery charge if you order weeks early. They do sell alcohol

Amazon has a $20 minimum so it doesn't hurt to order again mid-week. They deliver within in two hours and there is no delivery charge. They do recommend a tip of $15 or 10% whichever is higher. The negative is that the selection is nowhere near GG. Very limited fruits and all of the breads and milk here organic so higher prices. No alcohol.

Would the tip for Amazon Prime Now be added to the final checkout at the time of purchase, or do you tip when the groceries are delivered?

Would the tip for Amazon Prime Now be added to the final checkout at the time of purchase, or do you tip when the groceries are delivered?

You add your tip to your order. The app will make a suggestion but it is up to you. You will not see the delivery person.

I forgot to add. Garden Grocer delivers to Bell Services who will, in turn put your cold stuff in their fridge.

Amazon Prime Now delivers to the front desk and has ice packs to keep you groceries cool.

I think (but have no personal experience) that the new $5 package fee will apply to front desk deliveries but not Bell services so *** that to your total expense.

I placed my first GG order for my May trip yesterday to get the 10% discount (which pretty much wiped out most of the delivery charge). This is my first year after many without a car so this is something new (although I have done grocery delivery at home for years on and off. I found their prices on some things a little higher but other things were in line with the prices where I live. One thing I have notice is that so some reason eggs are cheaper in the resort store by 1-2 dollars (plus you get DVC discount of 10% if a member). That is something you can't say every day!! Beer and wine prices were a little inflated but NOTHING like on property in the stores!

garden grocer is amazing and good discounts if you book far enough in advance. I like the range and quality is great. Disney even put it in our fridge for us when it was delivered and we were out.

PS wine is good from them :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter