garden/flower festavial at Epcot

spiceycat

dvc-blt
who is going this year?

do you think that May is going to very bad with the new anniversary too?

I wish I was going, Pat! Are you going to be attending the F & G Festival? :)

I don't know if the anniversary celebrations will have an impact on crowd size. I'm sure the displays at Epcot which will be themed to "The Happiest Celebration on Earth" will of course be beautiful!! :) If you go, please take some pics for us, okay? :)

Kim

We're going! Our wedding anniversary is June 1st, and we always try to go to WDW around that time. We "count" it as our anniversary even if we go early in May.

BJ Thomas is tentatively scheduled as doing FP concerts when we're there.

This year we're going May 25th to 27th, and then we're heading to meet friends at VB.

Spiceycat, are you going?

Bobbi :flower:

yes I am going May 14 -21 staying at SSR.

definitely going to the flower/garden festavial.

Kim - I have a very old digital camera - sometimes it takes great picture - other time no - so I will try my best - but no guarantees....

around 94 days....

Epcot is so beautiful during the flower/garden festavial.

how do you find out who is schedule to entertain when you are there - Bobbi...

Pat, here's the entertainment schedule for the Flower Power concert series.

Flower Power Concert Series featuring music from the 60's and 70's (Show Location America Gardens Theatre):
Show times 5:45pm, 7:00pm & 8:15pm

* Davy Jones: April 15 - 18
* Gary and the US Bonds - April 19 - 21
* Paul Revere and the Raiders - April 22 - 25
* The Buckinghams - April 26 - 28
* The Grass Roots - April 29 - May 1
* The Turtles featuring Flo & Eddie - May 2 - 4
* Vanilla Fudge - May 5 - 6
* Greg Rollie - May 7 - 8
* The Lovin' Spoonful - May 9 - 11
* The Nelsons - May 12 - 14
* Gary Puckett - May 15 - 17
* Orleans - May 18 - 20
* The Rascals - May 21 - 23
* BJ Thomas - May 24 - 26
* Rare Earth - May 27 - 29
* Eric Burdon & the Animals - May 30 - June 1
* Arlo Guthrie - June 2 - 5

All events and times are subject to change.

The FP schedule, and other Flower & Garden Festival highlights, can be found right here on the DIS. :)

~ Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival ~

Oh boy, after looking at all that's going on, I feel even worse about not going!! :sad2: ;) :flower3:

I hope you have a fantastic time!! :) If you can take some pics for us, that would be great!! :)

Snowwark is quick on the replies!

DH and I were in Orlando this past weekend, not WDW, and we were looking at neighborhoods just to get an idea of prices and the sort of housing that's around.

However, we also went to the Bok Tower gardens and I think it's a worthwhile trip for anyone who likes this forum. It's less than an hour away from WDW. It's along the Citrus Ridge and if you wonder just where those delicious Florida oranges come from, you see miles and miles of orange groves along the way, and from the hill that the tower is on. It's north of Lake Wales. Has anyone else visited it?

I'm going! Booked OKW today :-) SO happy. There used to be other tours besides the gardens around the world and special (prebooked) seminars for the special weekends - like photographers weekend - but I can't seem to find any information. Does anyone have any experience with that?

We're gonna miss it by a week...:sad:

Went 2 years ago & it was so beautiful...Hope to go again during that time... :goodvibes

We have been for the last 3 and enjoyed them all. This year we are going to WDW in December for a change. :sunny:

I'm going for the first time this year and I'm so excited. :) I have my new digital ready for a million pics. I'm also wanting some motivation, I just bought a new house I'm moving into next month and I'm ready to get to work on the yard! (not huge topiaries, but you get the point) ;)

I have always wanted to do the F&G, but we never have. DH was just saying how he wasn't sure he could wait until next January to return to WDW! That is when we are scheduled. Maybe I'll have to put a but in his ear about a long weekend in May! :rolleyes1

My DH has a conference at the Swan/Dolphin in early May, so I'm joining him for a long weekend at the end of the conference.

We both really love flowers, and DH just adores roses, so we try to be at WDW for the F&G every couple of years. No one does it quite like Disney! :rolleyes: (Ok, that's a no-brainer!)

Snowwark said:
Pat, here's the entertainment schedule for the Flower Power concert series.

Flower Power Concert Series featuring music from the 60's and 70's (Show Location America Gardens Theatre):
Show times 5:45pm, 7:00pm & 8:15pm

* Davy Jones: April 15 - 18
* Gary and the US Bonds - April 19 - 21
* Paul Revere and the Raiders - April 22 - 25
* The Buckinghams - April 26 - 28
* The Grass Roots - April 29 - May 1
* The Turtles featuring Flo & Eddie - May 2 - 4
* Vanilla Fudge - May 5 - 6
* Greg Rollie - May 7 - 8
* The Lovin' Spoonful - May 9 - 11
* The Nelsons - May 12 - 14
* Gary Puckett - May 15 - 17
* Orleans - May 18 - 20
* The Rascals - May 21 - 23
* BJ Thomas - May 24 - 26
* Rare Earth - May 27 - 29
* Eric Burdon & the Animals - May 30 - June 1
* Arlo Guthrie - June 2 - 5

All events and times are subject to change.

The FP schedule, and other Flower & Garden Festival highlights, can be found right here on the DIS. :)

~ Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival ~

Oh boy, after looking at all that's going on, I feel even worse about not going!! :sad2: ;) :flower3:

I hope you have a fantastic time!! :) If you can take some pics for us, that would be great!! :)

We will be there for the first time too! Can't wait! BIG family gathering!

Question: The Flower Power concerts do you just show up for them or do you need to reserve seating? We went to The Candlelight Processional at Christmas and have the reserved seating with the dinner package. Is the Flower Power concerts the same?

First, Welcome to anyone posting on the F&G for the first time! :flower3:

Congrats to those that will be able to attend the F&G festival, I'm very envious!!;) :)

happybratpack, I hope you'll share some of your pics with us? :)

Diane, sounds like a good reason to me for a quick trip to the World! Go for it!! :sunny:

rsschneck, I've never been to any of the Flower Power concerts, but as far as I understand, they're free. :) :) Does anyone else know for sure?

The FP concerts are free. Last year annual passholders and DVC people could get a wristband which gave you seats up front. We went to 2 concerts each of the nights we were there. We had wristbands for the first, and just did regular seating for the second show. We were there on a Saturday and a Sunday night, the first weekend in May, and the crowds weren't bad at all.

I have April 16 circled on the calendar. Start of F&G festival and preview of Soaring over California.

We will be there from April 13 through the 23rd. Out of all the times I have been at WDW, I have never been there for the Flowers! This will be exciting!

Congrats Bobbi on your anniversary. WDW is a perfect spot to celebrate. We try and schedule a trip around that time too.
Not planning on it this year but now that I see The Rascals will be playing (TU for posting the shedule) maybe I can talk DH into at least a weekend adventure :earseek:
Talk about a great time ...concerts ..flowers.. and if they had a photo seminar well I'd be on cloud 9 :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter