Galveston is becoming a major cruise departure port -- wish we had Disney!!!

Gina

Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
We already have Carnival and RCCL sailing 25 minutes from my front door, and NCL from the Port of Houston in November... now Princess has announced it will begin sailing from Galveston in November to the Western Caribbean. That's nearly every major cruise line... now we just need a DCL ship!!!!

Of course, then I would never have food, electricity, all those little luxuries that I would convince myself to do without in order to cruise often... :)

-gina-

Amen, I live in Dallas. So that would be much easier for me than flying to Orlando. I could save the airfare.

I don't see it happening for one reason--the infrastructure is already in place in Central Florida. The offices are in Celebration, they co-op purchase with WDW. Frankly if they launch anywhere outside of Florida it will likely be California, again because the infrastructure is there.

From Galveston they couldn't offer the land/sea combo--they'd be able to do some version of that in California as well.

Anne

If the rumors that have been around for years are true, there will also be infrastructure making the Galveston port possible in the future. Disney owns thousands of acres of property north of Houston. There has been a rumor of a Texas resort for several years now. We can dream!!

Hey Gina, it's Kim, Norm and Joshua, your friends from the Western this past February. How have you been? We are great.
You have not been on the boards in a long time. Glad to see you are back.

Kim, Norm and Josh

Kim!!! I thought you were mad at me. :( I've emailed you twice, once just last week, but never heard back from you... this last time, I used the email from your awesome webpage -- is it not a good email? I sent a couple pics of Josh and Tyler Dean, too! I *loved* yours... TD got the biggest kick out of them.

I miss talking to you guys!!! :( :(

-gina-

Gina, this is Norm, Never got the email here at home, maybe you sent it to Kim at work..Oh Well Joshua had a ball with Tyler also.
Did you like our pictures on our site from the trip in February?
Are you still going in 2004? You were not sure when you booked on the ship if you were going to go..

Keep in touch,
Norm, Kim and Joshua

Hi Norm!!

Yes, we are going... I had booked onboard, like you know, then got home to find my ex had flaked on child support again, and I had checks bouncing, and blah blah blah... I ended up cancelling because I needed the deposit back. But I couldn't stand it... was even having nightmares. It's the one week I look forward to out of the year, it keeps me going some days.

So they caught up with my ex, who had filed for unemployment, and took the support out of that, and I was able to rebook. Had to give up the Navigator's veranda and go to a cat. 11, which is killing me because I used the veranda so much, but I'd pretty much ride in the cargo hold at this point. :) We're going for Tyler Dean's birthday this time, and he's very excited about that! We're just living a bit more spartanly to afford the cruise this time, but it won't kill us. And it will be worth it. :)

I loved all of your pictures!!! They were just wonderful.

Which email address should I use?? I can re-send the last email that you didn't get. So happy to hear from both of you!!!

-gina-

Gina just sent you PM with e-mail address...

Norm

Gina,
If DCL ever sails out of Galveston, we'll pick ya up on the way!!! That would be awesome to only have to drive an hour to cruise with Mickey!!:Pinkbounc
Michele

2tinksmom, will you come by and pick us up too!? we are about 50 miles from galveston, about an hour's drive.:tongue:

You bet!! I was actually born in Baytown in 19**, a lovely year! We could do a major car pool....often is what I'm thinkin'!!:smooth:

ohmygosh!! it is indeed a small world. wow! 2tinksmom, actually "meeting" someone who knows where baytown is.:wave:

You mean everyone doesn't know where Baytown is?!!? My DH is from Deer Park so we're on that side of town often.

Here's another vote for Disney out of Galveston! We live in Clear Lake and have cruised 4 times without kids. We are awaiting our first Disney Cruise March 13, 2004!

I live about 5 minutes away from 2tinksmom so Galveston sounds really good to me too!!! I actually heard from our realtor that Disney owns some property around here so...

When you wish upon a star...

are we all crying loud enough?! wow! maybe that new ship will be for texas. we can only hope.............:tongue:

For cryin' out loud (;) ), I don't think they would have any trouble booking cruises out of Galveston!! Even though a land/sea package may not be workable, there are plenty of people who cruise from Galveston now who don't have that option. C'mon, it'd be awesome... and my Excursion will hold lots of cruisers and luggage:teeth: !

I still can't believe they're bringing the Grand Princess here... that thing is HUGE!! You're going to be able to see it from all over the island when it's docked. :)

And I couldn't imagine doing a land and sea thing anyway, from anywhere. I love the week-long cruises, and if it were close enough that I could take interim short cruises, they would be just that -- long weekend cruises by themselves.

And c'mon, Texas is so central! Way cheaper to fly to than California. :) I think I should don my big Mickey hands, go down to the cruise terminal, and have someone take a picture of me holding a sign that says "We want the Mickey ship!!!" :)

-gina-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter