FYI-RCCL price drop

hgon76

DIS Veteran
Some RCCL cruises just had a big price drop. The 8 day Independence cruise we were shopping just dropped $200 for us. Making it officially $1,000 cheaper than the 7 day DCL cruise we had booked.

I wish I could check on ours without harassing the TA. We're booked in the 2-bedroom suite and it doesn't show up on the website, you have to call! We booked with the extra people free offer though, so we might be ok. With 5 people in the room, we only paid for 2. Our concierge suite ended up being $2000 cheaper than our 2 verandah rooms on the Magic.

Congrats on your savings and thanks for letting us know!

I wish I could check on ours without harassing the TA. We're booked in the 2-bedroom suite and it doesn't show up on the website, you have to call! We booked with the extra people free offer though, so we might be ok. With 5 people in the room, we only paid for 2. Our concierge suite ended up being $2000 cheaper than our 2 verandah rooms on the Magic. Congrats on your savings and thanks for letting us know!
I didn't jump on it quick enough :(. Apparently it was a system glitch & only lasted a few hours. I still haven't firmly decided which cruise to do. Finally decided to put a free 24 hour hold on it & the price was back to normal. Oh well. That'll teach me to procrastinate. ;)

I didn't jump on it quick enough :(. Apparently it was a system glitch & only lasted a few hours. I still haven't firmly decided which cruise to do. Finally decided to put a free 24 hour hold on it & the price was back to normal. Oh well. That'll teach me to procrastinate. ;)

Oh no, that's too bad. Maybe there will still be a sale. I actually called RCCL just to see if the price on our cruise had gone down any - NOPE. The 2-bedroom suite in October is now $10,054!!! We got it for $5800 with the 3rd, 4th, and 5th passengers free. I guess we really did get a good deal! I still can't believe it went up like that!

I wish I could check on ours without harassing the TA. We're booked in the 2-bedroom suite and it doesn't show up on the website, you have to call! We booked with the extra people free offer though, so we might be ok. With 5 people in the room, we only paid for 2. Our concierge suite ended up being $2000 cheaper than our 2 verandah rooms on the Magic.

Congrats on your savings and thanks for letting us know!

There are a couple of websites that allow you to pull up your cruise, and see all the prices at once. One is cruisefish, I use it to ensure I get the best price, and then bug the TA to check it out, got a JS for just a little more money over the balcony we had booked originally. I can see the Concierge suite, on the Magic, awesome you got a great deal!

I called my TA last night because I saw that the price for our June cruise on the JOS had dropped. He contacted RC and the best they would do was offer an upgrade from E3 balcony to guaranteed D2 balcony. I took it since he said the cabin is a little bigger--but is there really any difference in the cabins? Or is it just a location thing? Any insight would be appreciated. :)

Oh no, that's too bad. Maybe there will still be a sale. I actually called RCCL just to see if the price on our cruise had gone down any - NOPE. The 2-bedroom suite in October is now $10,054!!! We got it for $5800 with the 3rd, 4th, and 5th passengers free. I guess we really did get a good deal! I still can't believe it went up like that!

Was this part of the kids sail free program. We have always done Disney and will be moving a dummy cruise to Oct 2105. After then, the kids will be older and would like to try a different ship.

Not having any knowledge of RCCL and just learning, if you book a room and the price goes down can you get money back? Or an OBC? Can I book a two bedroom family room and then change to the KSF if it comes up? Or is it just for new bookings?

TIA

Was this part of the kids sail free program. We have always done Disney and will be moving a dummy cruise to Oct 2105. After then, the kids will be older and would like to try a different ship.

Not having any knowledge of RCCL and just learning, if you book a room and the price goes down can you get money back? Or an OBC? Can I book a two bedroom family room and then change to the KSF if it comes up? Or is it just for new bookings?

TIA

Yes, ours was Kids Sail Free promo, I guess that's why it was so good. This will be our first time with RCCL, so I don't know most of the answers to your questions. I'm pretty sure if the price drops before the pay in full date, you can just get the difference back (since you haven't really paid yet). I think if it's after the pay in full, you get part of it on a OBC. Hopefully someone else will chime in...

As I said in my previous post--no $ back or OBC after paid in full. They offered me an upgrade instead--so that's ok. :)

Yes, ours was Kids Sail Free promo, I guess that's why it was so good. This will be our first time with RCCL, so I don't know most of the answers to your questions. I'm pretty sure if the price drops before the pay in full date, you can just get the difference back (since you haven't really paid yet). I think if it's after the pay in full, you get part of it on a OBC. Hopefully someone else will chime in...

As I said in my previous post--no $ back or OBC after paid in full. They offered me an upgrade instead--so that's ok. :)

I've had my RCCL ticket price drop both before and after final payment. Their policy does not allow for compensation after final payment, it. Really stinks when you see the price drop by a few hundred. No OBC either as totallytigger stated. I did not get an upgrade either which is a bummer. What did you say that made them want to upgrade you?

This is one area I think RCCL should adjust their policy because it feels like those who book early are penalized versus being rewarded for putting money down early (most of the time I'm booking a year out).

I've had my RCCL ticket price drop both before and after final payment. Their policy does not allow for compensation after final payment, it. Really stinks when you see the price drop by a few hundred. No OBC either as totallytigger stated. I did not get an upgrade either which is a bummer. What did you say that made them want to upgrade you? This is one area I think RCCL should adjust their policy because it feels like those who book early are penalized versus being rewarded for putting money down early (most of the time I'm booking a year out).

I agree with you. We booked a year out--for a good price then--and made final payment well before deadline. Since then, the price for the balcony cabins has gone way up. I don't know why I looked at prices Thurs pm--but the price for my cat had dropped several hundred $s. I had booked through BJs club, so I called them that night. The young man that I spoke with was great--he did warn me that they usually don't offer anything back after final payment, but he wanted to try anyways. I don't know what his conversation with RCCL was--but after about 30 mins he told me about the upgrade to D2. :) Then last night I checked our ressie on RCCL and we've already been assigned a D1 cabin 9626--so upgraded another level to D1. :) Now the prices are back higher than before. I can't figure it all out--but I'm not complaining.

This is one area I think RCCL should adjust their policy because it feels like those who book early are penalized versus being rewarded for putting money down early (most of the time I'm booking a year out).

Royal isn't the only cruise line that does this now. It's pretty standard industry-wide. Even Disney won't adjust a price when they release their "GT" and other special rates, i.e. military and Florida resident, as these are usually released after the final payment due date.

Curious, if your stateroom price goes up, do you offer to pay the cruise line more? Didn't think so!!!! :rolleyes:

I've had my RCCL ticket price drop both before and after final payment. Their policy does not allow for compensation after final payment, it. Really stinks when you see the price drop by a few hundred. No OBC either as totallytigger stated. I did not get an upgrade either which is a bummer. What did you say that made them want to upgrade you?

My June Baltic cruise on Legend of the Seas dropped quite a bit after the final payment date. That happens on other cruise lines, too - including DCL (*GT rates). However, I booked the least expensive inside cabin, so I upgraded to the most expensive inside cabin - as it was still a little less than what I had originally paid. I could've upgraded to an OV or suite gty and paid the difference, but I didn't want to spend more than I had already paid.

I agree with you. We booked a year out--for a good price then--and made final payment well before deadline. Since then, the price for the balcony cabins has gone way up. I don't know why I looked at prices Thurs pm--but the price for my cat had dropped several hundred $s. I had booked through BJs club, so I called them that night. The young man that I spoke with was great--he did warn me that they usually don't offer anything back after final payment, but he wanted to try anyways. I don't know what his conversation with RCCL was--but after about 30 mins he told me about the upgrade to D2. :) Then last night I checked our ressie on RCCL and we've already been assigned a D1 cabin 9626--so upgraded another level to D1. :) Now the prices are back higher than before. I can't figure it all out--but I'm not complaining.
If the D2 (or D1) was the same price or less than you paid for your cabin - that's why you were able to be upgraded.

Royal isn't the only cruise line that does this now. It's pretty standard industry-wide. Even Disney won't adjust a price when they release their "GT" and other special rates, i.e. military and Florida resident, as these are usually released after the final payment due date.

Curious, if your stateroom price goes up, do you offer to pay the cruise line more? Didn't think so!!!! :rolleyes:

We have applied Florida resident rates after final payment and received a refund.

Thanks for starting this thread. I was able to save $300.

This is why I never paid our cruises in full until the due date. I'm on the Adventure of the Seas for January and have adjusted our fare several times so far over the past year. Once your cruise is paid in full the cruise lines don't usually adjust their fares.

This is why I never paid our cruises in full until the due date. I'm on the Adventure of the Seas for January and have adjusted our fare several times so far over the past year. Once your cruise is paid in full the cruise lines don't usually adjust their fares.

I believe you would get a refund of the price difference, even if paid in full, as long as it was before the paid-in-full date.

We have 3 cabins on Allure of the Seas in October. Two of them have been PIF for months and we have adjusted fares downward at least twice on both of them since we PIF.

We have 3 cabins on Allure of the Seas in October. Two of them have been PIF for months and we have adjusted fares downward at least twice on both of them since we PIF.
I second that and add that you can get the refund even after the PIF date, My PIF date was about 5 weeks ago and I received a refund this weekend after calling re: the price drop. My CC will be credited which will more than cover my inboard spend :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter