• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ft Wilderness open for points reservations!

I’m so upset they opened before 8, I should Have set my alarm for 6. I checked At 7 and The only dates that are gone are the dates I needed 😭 oh well, first world problem I guess… I booked a split stay and WL the other nights. Fingers crossed it comes through as they release more units

I'm also seeing other resort availability pop up as members are replacing their placeholder reservations!

Hehe... Stalking heaven!

Last edited:
I'm also seeing other resort availability pop up as members are replacing their placeholder reservations!

Hehe... Stalking heaven!
That's what I was hoping for (the dates that I'm stalking to pop up because somebody cancelled them to book at Fort Wilderness), but it didn't happen.

I think people are right about booking opening before 8 am for everything before the 7 month window. I got on at about 7:45 and there were already nights gone, thankfully not in the week we wanted. I was able to swap out our 6 night stay for a 7 and still got 50 points back to bank for next year. Hopefully we made someone happy as our home resort was fully booked.

We try to find a reason to get to FW every year for a meal or carriage ride as a break from the parks and are really excited to finally get to stay here. The dues make it a hard no from a purchase point, but as long as we can trade in we're happy!

Thank you, that's a bummer considering it sleeps 6.I guess if you stay there you have to use the community W/D er's?

There is the "quiet" pool in the middle of the cabin loops and there are washers/dryers on the backside of the quiet pool building.

Here is a walkthrough hosted by Imagineering at the warehouse facility to see what to expect in the new cabin. The full size oven is nice.

From the model cabin. Looks like don’t expect the tub. Seems they been going to the walk in shower like most of the VDH studios.

I really wish they had been available for my June visit - it was always a family tradition to stay in the cabins for a June/July summer trip. I'm at my home resort Boardwalk - I also have a Boardwalk booked for September, but don't want to move that one since I'm there mostly for F&W, and it's much more convenient to walk in. My December trip is also Boardwalk, but I'm there with a big group and most are staying around Epcot resort area, so don't want to change that either - my current plan is to look at a possible cabin availability in late January - so I have to wait for the 7 mo booking window before I can find out if it's available. I really do want to try these out since before I joined DVC we had yearly family stay at the cabins for decades...love renting a cart, bbq'ing at the deck, boating over to the other resorts or MK...I think I end up spending less time at the parks overall and just enjoying the relaxing time among the trees, deer, armadillos, and lake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter