Frontier Airlines, is it worth joining the discount den?

FreeTime

DIS Veteran
We would have to drive either two hours north or south to get to an airport they fly out of. My family travels lite and can live out of a small backpack for a week (assuming this will make their under the seat for no charge requirement) and we don't need to sit together. If we did I would not consider frontier because of all of the extra fees. For those of you that have joined do you find it easy to get the deeply discounted rates?

I actually came on to ask the SAME question. My brother recently joined to save $ traveling home (NJ) from Charlotte. He says they do 'nickel and dime" you (carry-on bag fee is $30, "seat fee") but the "den" prices are so low that even with added charges it's still a lot cheaper. He said to avoid the $30 carry-on fee he and his wife will combine their things into one, larger, checked bag ($25)
He wants me to join so I can visit him inexpensively but I'm also thinking about our 2016 trip to WDW. Last trip we flew Southwest and loved it and I have points leftover so..... dunno. Interested to see what is posted here.

I joined. They had $19 each way tickets from CVG to MCO this week ... even with the membership fee, our RT cost was $55 ROUND TRIP.

We flew Frontier last month, but had a discount on the baggage fee (because we're early returns members, but that discount has expired) and only paid for 2 seats together (out of 4) on the outbound flight, because we didn't care if we were sitting together or not. on the return flight, we took a gamble and didn't pay for seat selection for any of us. I checked us in 2 & 2, in case the first set of seats weren't together. They were, so I didn't bother paying for the other seats, which also ended up being together. So, in the end ... the only nickel/diming we had was checking bags, which other airlines do, so that wasn't a big deal.

I did spring for the in-flight directv. my movie didn't download correctly on my iPad, and there was good stuff on TV. that was money well spent. LOLOL

My ONLY beef with Frontier is their lack of customer care. But for $55 RT into MCO, I'll plan accordingly this time ;)

I thought I was a light packer, but no way could I pack everything I would need for a week long trip in a bag small enough to fit under an airline seat!

We would have to drive either two hours north or south to get to an airport they fly out of. My family travels lite and can live out of a small backpack for a week (assuming this will make their under the seat for no charge requirement) and we don't need to sit together. If we did I would not consider frontier because of all of the extra fees. For those of you that have joined do you find it easy to get the deeply discounted rates?
I joined only because I saved $60 on 2 ONE WAY flights from StL to MCO. It cost $50 to join so I came out $10 ahead. We are flying SW home just because our flight would have left early morning had we stayed with Frontier. Of course, after I booked our flight home on SW, Frontier came out with $39 flights :(

I thought I was a light packer, but no way could I pack everything I would need for a week long trip in a bag small enough to fit under an airline seat!
We took a backpack and a carry-on to Europe for a 24 day tour. It seemed difficult at first but traveling light is definitely freeing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter