From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being from SoCal, you probably would not enjoy the water right now, but the lines would be short.

We tend to use this time of year to recognize our northern guests as they are the ones in the pools.

Thanks for the info. We were at DL the pas 2 days, it was in the low 60's and there were people swimming in the pools. I said to myself they have to be from someone up north! :rotfl2:

Thanks. :thumbsup2

So excited! My TA just emailed me and said Disneyland released some discounts today that she applied to my ressie! We had 3 nights at Paradise Pier Hotel post-cruise for $897 originally, now its $630, wooo hooo!

Thanks for the info. We were at DL the pas 2 days, it was in the low 60's and there were people swimming in the pools. I said to myself they have to be from someone up north! :rotfl2:

Thanks. :thumbsup2
Jeff's right. If you were from Seattle, Northern Territory, Minnesota, etc, you would love the water parks right now. But even though we hit the 80's today, the water has already gotten cold and you wouldn't catch a Floridian in a water park right now!

So out of all the people on this cruise, I already have "met" people from two staterooms on deck 1. That's great, especially since there are so few rooms on that level.

It finally started to sink in last night, and boy, do I have a lot to do before these cruises. It's a little intimidating.

First and most important, wht will we do with the furbabies? We have three-count 'em-three big dogs. George (DH) was talking about taking them to someone's house for the whole three weeks. Or having someone come by the house every day to feed/walk them.

I'm not keen on that. I want someone to stay here with them the whole time. Stay the night and be with them. No family in the area, and none of our friends have responsible/single/dog loving kids who could stay.

I am seriously thinking about hiring one of those dog sitting companies. The price is kind of steep, but it would be worth it to know that our babies are being cared for. I have no real children of my own, so these are as close as I ever got to being a mom.

Connie

Jeff's right. If you were from Seattle, Northern Territory, Minnesota, etc, you would love the water parks right now. But even though we hit the 80's today, the water has already gotten cold and you wouldn't catch a Floridian in a water park right now!

I am a bit of a water temp snob :snooty: so I think we will skip the water parks :rotfl:. Our dd has a medical condition where she can't regulate her body temperature at all. I am thinking if the weather is nice then she may actually be able to enjoy herself at WDW! We have gone at other times of the year and it has just been miserable for her! The heat is a killer but too cold is also bad. Here's to hoping that next week works out to be a time that she can actually enjoy!!! :thumbsup2

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Thanks Disney, they have moved our room, what a result, on deck 5 in a sideways room, right next to Mum and Dad..................

Now I am so so glad that we done the room tour cause I really liked Corinnas sideways room.

I am so so so excited.Right next the atrium.:yay::yay::yay:

I am away to tell Mum they have moved her room, might celebrate with a glass of wine.

That is great! Congrats!!! I know it is a good feeling when things like this work themselves out!!!

thanks brooklyn.:thumbsup2

So out of all the people on this cruise, I already have "met" people from two staterooms on deck 1. That's great, especially since there are so few rooms on that level.

It finally started to sink in last night, and boy, do I have a lot to do before these cruises. It's a little intimidating.

First and most important, wht will we do with the furbabies? We have three-count 'em-three big dogs. George (DH) was talking about taking them to someone's house for the whole three weeks. Or having someone come by the house every day to feed/walk them.

I'm not keen on that. I want someone to stay here with them the whole time. Stay the night and be with them. No family in the area, and none of our friends have responsible/single/dog loving kids who could stay.

I am seriously thinking about hiring one of those dog sitting companies. The price is kind of steep, but it would be worth it to know that our babies are being cared for. I have no real children of my own, so these are as close as I ever got to being a mom.

Connie

Connie, count me and len as fellow cruisers with furbabies, we are so lucky, they go to someone from my work that also has a beagle, we are so so lucky, it would kill us to put them in kennels!
The dog sitting companies are expensive but well worth it in my book, only other thing I can think of is if you are on good terms with the vets you go to, maybe they can suggest somebody, when I was just a poor student in my first vets I used to house sit for a select few, in fact I would still do it if I really liked somebody, not for the money now but as a favour as I know what its like leaving the beagles! good luck, let us know how you get on.

Last winter was very cold in FL. Make sure you bring some long pants for the girls and also some type of jacket- sweatshirts. I think the waterparks would be off limits for your younger one- unless the weather warms up a little this year. Will try and give you a call before we leave for FL.

Hello all! Its been a while...things are rather hectic here!

Sally, happy belated birthday! Your plans for LA post cruise sounds great. I know you posted a link to your tour provider already but do you mind doing it again. I can't find it!
Lyne Hurray for the rugby!
Corinna, hope things went well in Dubai.
Linda, we are only down the hall from you on the cruise so don't forget to come and "borrow" my children!

I wanted to say a lot more but my brain is fried. We have 14 days exactly to finalise plans for our new house to submit into council and we leave in 15 days. Disney has mucked up our ME luggage tags with all the wrong info. I know we can pick up the bags ourselves but after 24 hours of travelling we were looking forward to just getting on the bus.

We have decided to go straight to a LAX hotel post cruise and try for a day rate. We'll then go somewhere close like Santa Monica, Venice Beach or Manhattan Beach. Just wondering if any of you Californians have any advice as to which is better/easier to get to. There will be 14 of us.

Thanks in advance!

Last winter was very cold in FL. Make sure you bring some long pants for the girls and also some type of jacket- sweatshirts. I think the waterparks would be off limits for your younger one- unless the weather warms up a little this year. Will try and give you a call before we leave for FL.

It was very cold I agree and it has made a difference to my choice of clothes this time. Another pair of long trousers and a warm cardi/jacket, plus a couple of long slevved tops. We do need all the summery things too of course with the cruise weather, so quite a mix of clothing. We are back to Orlando for almost 3 weeks after the cruise which is the same time we were there this year and froze!!!!:eek:

Just a quick note before I slog through the last 50 pages to get caught up again . . .
I've finally gotten the wristbands ordered. I had problems finding the company that would best fit our needs. I have guaranteed delivery by Dec. 9I will immediately get them mailed out to each of you. If you are worried about getting your bracelets before you leave for Florida, please message me and I will bring them to the port.
I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get them ordered!
tenya

Better yet, will they air the Christmas Special on BBC America on Christmas or way later? (Doesn't matter to me too much, we procure the regular BBC episode with all the bits BBC America takes out)

Just when you thought we were done posting about SciFi stuff. I just watched the trailer for the Doctor Who Christmas Special on BBC America and it confirmed that it will be aired Christmas night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98x9FwsqzHQ

Hi there everyone -

So...long story short, DH and I (Connie) made reservations this morning for one of the THREE rooms left for this cruise. Last minute decision, since we are already booked on the 12-30-2010 Wonder cruise, and live in the LA/OC area. :dance3:

Too shell-shocked at this point to be as excited as I know I will be. I need to get a grip on the fact that 1) DH is going to be on a ship for 21 days (he's a little ADHD), 2)We get to see the Panama Canal, 3)I just made reservations for a cruise that leaves in like 40 days.

Anyway, I wanted to check in with everyone, and start to make some friends. I am depending on you people to help keep DH entertained for a couple weeks. :grouphug:

So, nice to meet you. I will be checking in regularly.

Welcome on board.

We just booked the PC canal cruise and are in room #1048. Seems there are not any other rooms available. We have been on other DSL cruises.
I am hoping to meet with some of you on this forum. Is there anywhere I can sign up to be a part of the group?

Happy Sailing :dance3:

Welcome on board.

Well, I am bursting with news. Probably everybody on here knows that I went for an interview in Dubai over the weekend. I flew home yesterday afternoon and was not supposed to hear the outcome until next week. I got in the office today and I had a job offer in my inbox. They want me within the next month or so. I am both excited and scared stiff. Being in Dubai again made me realize just how much I love this place and I cried a little tear when I left. Little did I know that I would return so soon and permanently. I really thought I had blown the interview. I have a mind of my own and I am not afraid to speak it. I was not sure how this had come across. I was interviewed by somebody from HR and my future manager, who I really like. I also met some of my new colleagues and everybody who I had the chance to meet was wonderful. I am looking forward to making new friends, but I am also sad to say goodbye to my friends in the office here.

Corinna

Well, I am bursting with news. Probably everybody on here knows that I went for an interview in Dubai over the weekend. I flew home yesterday afternoon and was not supposed to hear the outcome until next week. I got in the office today and I had a job offer in my inbox. They want me within the next month or so. I am both excited and scared stiff. Being in Dubai again made me realize just how much I love this place and I cried a little tear when I left. Little did I know that I would return so soon and permanently. I really thought I had blown the interview. I have a mind of my own and I am not afraid to speak it. I was not sure how this had come across. I was interviewed by somebody from HR and my future manager, who I really like. I also met some of my new colleagues and everybody who I had the chance to meet was wonderful. I am looking forward to making new friends, but I am also sad to say goodbye to my friends in the office here.

Corinna

WOW!! Congratulations!!!! Best of luck to you :goodvibes

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Thanks Disney, they have moved our room, what a result, on deck 5 in a sideways room, right next to Mum and Dad..................

Now I am so so glad that we done the room tour cause I really liked Corinnas sideways room.

I am so so so excited.Right next the atrium.:yay::yay::yay:

I am away to tell Mum they have moved her room, might celebrate with a glass of wine.
you are lucky... I have been trying everyday to upgrade... looks like they are sold out!! have a great trip!!

Welcome Aboard new folks!!:cool1:

Corinna, fabulous news!! congrats! :banana: What does this mean to the cruise if theywant you in a month????? I hope you dont have to give it up!!

Wine news: i asked a local winery that i like if they ship wine. They do not but they recommended VinoShipper.com I figure if they are recommending them they must work! They will ship to a hotel if you tell them that you are a guest. They dont ship every state, but they do ship to florida. I havent seen shipping costs yet, but i dont care - i ddint really want to put wine in my luggage! and i think i'm sending more than one bottle to have one in the room on board!! or two!! LoL!! Not that i'm a big drinker but sitting under the stars i've often felt a glass of wine needs to be in my hand but i was too cheap to get one!! :rolleyes1 So i cant personally recommend them, but i'm goig to try. they also said for precise shipping (for those of us only staying in WDW a few days), choose 3 day select. Just FYI if it helps those from far away or those like me that just cant fathom what would happen if wine broke in the suitcase.

oh, hoping we definitely have the wine meet and greet. i forget where we stand on that. I'll go to the first page and see if it says when i stop typing (and go put groceries away!).

Corinna

:banana::dance3::cheer2::woohoo:

Congrats Corinna, very excited for you. You are a wonderful person and so glad you got the job! :woohoo::woohoo:

Welcome on board.

Welcome on board.

Corinna
:cheer2: WOW good luck to you and congrats!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter