From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to look for the recipe. Sounds kinda good. However this part "1,800 calories in an $8 slice designed to serve four". Does that mean 1/4 of a slice is 1 serving and one serving is 1,800 calories - That would be how many jogs around the deck of the Wonder? Won't even think about how many calories in Palo's chocolate souffle.

Val

About 54 laps Val...kinda sick that I know that...:eek:

I finally found my 12yr DD a pair of black dress shoes. She wears a 9.5 so it's hard to find dress shoes that are not (hooker sized) heels .... :confused3

Where!?!?!

I was watching come dine with me tonight and somebody had "my" black and floral print dress, it was weird.

That show is too funny! It helped me through my recent illness.

I see I will have a lot of reading to catch up on Monday. But just wanted to touch base, been very busy these past 2 weeks and only skimmed through posts.

Welcome to our new cruisers!

Congrats on those who are finally out of a lifeboat!

Pixie Dust to those who aren't feeling to well

We had some exciting news (to us it is) last week. Our son Dean (23) is in the US Army and based in Texas right now. He informed us that he will get leave for the holidays and get to come home. I told him we are only doing a few decorations, since we would be leaving on January 1st for WDW and we have too much to do. After some careful and constant checking, a plan was put in motion. First time in 13 years we got to surprise him and catch him off guard. He is flying home on Dec. 20 and flying back to Tx on Jan. 4th. When I told him the flight info he was very excited to spend so much time with his family & friends. I had him on speaker phone and my DH & I both told him "You're going to Disney World"!! He thought we were kidding....Merry Christmas! So he'll get to play in the parks for a few days with us before heading back. WOOHOO!!

So fun!!!!!

Yay :cheer2: Congrats to all!!!

That is such wonderful news!!! Have a FANTASTIC TIME!!!

I am so upset and disappointed with myself right now. Last year during open enrollment at DH's job, I someone deleted myself from our dental plan. Okay, no biggie I thought, I'll just make sure to put myself back on during the next open enrollment. I thought one year w/o dental will be okay as I have been going every 6 months, xrays been negative, ect. Well, a few weeks ago, I lost a filling. So I went back and had it refilled. He said he may have drilled too deep, may need a root canal but most likely not. Well, wouldn't you know, it's been just over 3 weeks and I'm having a lot pain. The entire left side of my face hurts constantly, pretty bad at times. I've talked to my mom (she's been an assistant for 30 years) and I've researched online and it sounds like I will need a root canal. And of course it would be a molar which are the most expensive. I just keep kicking myself for goofing up on enrollment. I mean, the pain is bad enough but to know that I'm about to have to shell out no telling how much money when I would have insuranced if I hadn't of messed up is making it that much worse. I just keep hoping that the pain will subside but it's going on 3 days now. Okay, sorry for venting but thanks for listening :sad1:

UG! Tooth pain is awful but better to deal with it now!

It was -29'C here this weekend. Brrrrrr. Hooray for cruise holidays!:cold:

I need a graphic to turn into a puzzle for my Christmas morning surprise. I was hoping to use our official t-shirt design but the file I can get off the website is not large enough and loses resolution when I make it larger. Can anyone suggest/send something that would be suitable? I was hoping for a map with the placed we'll be stopping on it.

Thanks!

Les

Had several root canals and even though it is not the most pleasant thing to do - it really is not that bad- the worse is the expense. I just had to have surgery on the gum above the tooth that had TWO root canals in. Infection was building up and they had to go in surgerily. It was ten times worse than a root canal. I had this done on Monday and I am still on pain pills and ice packs for the swelling. I could have waited to see if it would clear up by itself but it would be my luck to be out on the ship in the middle of the ocean and have tooth pain.

I had my first one last year and it was not as awfull as I had heard.

What I was told (don't know if this is true), is that the reason root canals are sometimes very painful is if infection has already set in - if so, I gather the infection partially neutralizes or reduces the effect of the novocaine. In my case it was a failed filling that could no longer be repaired, but no infection - so I was quite thoroughly numb.

But I sure hope I don't have to go through it again. :rolleyes1

I can just see it(the look):goodvibes
Was it iron man 2 that was in stateroom, why ,dont theytell you when they films start!? len still never seen it all and he watched diff bits 20 times, it was so funny cause last cruise it was the first iron man, it was a bit dejavu or how ever you spell it when we turned the tv on.

Weird. Every cruise I've been on there was a sheet with channel/start times for each film. I wonder if they just forgot the sheet in your cabin? Or have they stopped doing that?

I had my first one last year and it was not as awfull as I had heard.

What I was told (don't know if this is true), is that the reason root canals are sometimes very painful is if infection has already set in - if so, I gather the infection partially neutralizes or reduces the effect of the novocaine. In my case it was a failed filling that could no longer be repaired, but no infection - so I was quite thoroughly numb.

But I sure hope I don't have to go through it again. :rolleyes1

I remember the first one I had. After the obligatory numbing - NO dentist is going to work inside my mouth without LOTS of novocaine - the dentist poked around for a couple of minutes. I asked him when he was going to take out the root. He showed it to me - there on his tray. All four of the ones I've had done have been that way.:thumbsup2 Of course, none of them were due to infection, but were done in preparation for crowns.

Carmen, I'm wishing you the same success with your root canal - and a quick healing!:cheer2:

Weird. Every cruise I've been on there was a sheet with channel/start times for each film. I wonder if they just forgot the sheet in your cabin? Or have they stopped doing that?

We were on the Wonder in September and the sheet was in our room. I watched Nanny McPhee Returns three times. LOL!:rotfl2:

I feel for anyone who has to go to the dentist and even more so having a root canal. I for one just cannot stand the dentist as I was tramatized as a youth in the dentist chair. To this day I get cold sweats before going in to see the dentist and have to get to the office an hour before the appointment to calm myself down. :rotfl2: Crazy I know, but if I don't the dentist won't work on me. LOL She's told me on more than one occasion that it affects the way novocane numbs the area and that if I don't want more shots to calm down. LOL

Oh God! Just the thought gave me the chills. Hearing the drill just gets the nerves going and I've clasp my hands together so tight that my hands turn color from lack of blood flow. :rotfl:

Hate the dentist and always will.

Hi everyone,

I have been MIA on these boards for a while. We've had an incredibly busy last couple months, and I've had no time to keep up on these boards... I can't even believe it's already Thanksgiving!! Time flies, BUT that means our cruise is even closer!

We are excited that we finally got our room assignment!! We were GTY (cat 5A). We are in 7540. Ironically, this is the exact stateroom we were in on the Magic this past January. It's a great room (well, on the Magic it was a great room, and I assume the Wonder it is just as great). It's a connecting room, but that's ok. We were connecting with my inlaws in January, and when the doors were closed, we heard nothing, so I'm not even concerned about a connecting room in terms of noise... I'm just excited to know our room!

My parents are going on the cruise with us, and we were hoping they'd get upgraded to a veranda room with us, but that didn't happen. They are on deck 6 in a 9A room.... but they are very happy with that room (I always say book the room you are very happy with and if you get an upgrade then that is just extra special! :) ). So, we're looking forward to spending this time with my parents!!

Can't believe the cruise is so close. We leave on Dec 31 and will be at WDW first.

And, on Wednesday this week, we're flying up to Alaska for Thanksgiving (where my whole family lives and where I grew up), so we're going to truly get a WHITE and COLD Thanksgiving! Will make me even more excited about being on the PC cruise in January where it'll be sunny and warm.

Looking forward to meeting all of you on Jan 6!

Take care,
Kathy
Hi Kathy,missed ya!
Thanks for all the responses regarding Drew and Kayla. And those dogs - I am beginning to think the only grandchildren I ever have will have fur! But, patience - all in good time. But, I do love them.

I am with Lynne in regards to movies, I do not find the movie theater to have comfortable seating at all and it is sorely lacking in leg room. In all of our cruises, the only movie I ever saw was Narnia and that was only because they showed it in the Walt Disney Theater. And, speaking of Narnia, isn't the 3 one about to come out?? Maybe they will show that???

How did it get to be Sunday evening already? Work tomorrow - but only Monday and Tuesday this week and then I am out for Thanksgiving. I guess that is not so bad.
My Mum accepted many years ago that I was only going to give her fur grandchildren,:rotfl:
GRRRRRRR ! Just lost a massive post :( So, a photo will have to suffice until I can be bothered typing it all again....

DD5yo at the beach we had brunch at on Saturday (the photo was taken with my phone, so please excuse the poor resolution)...

z217950332.jpg

Cheers,
Sally :)
Great Pic, Sally, I ve got a great one of shaunie just like that many years ago at clearwater beach.ahhhhh happy days, she is a teenager now.
I love working for the mouse, it is the best job I have ever had! It certainly has it's difficulties but it is worth all of that :) I work at Magic Kingdom on Main Street in the Emporium so I get to see lots of people!

Thanks for the tip, I will definitely look into the service. See you soon!

Holly
what an amazing job.
I need a graphic to turn into a puzzle for my Christmas morning surprise. I was hoping to use our official t-shirt design but the file I can get off the website is not large enough and loses resolution when I make it larger. Can anyone suggest/send something that would be suitable? I was hoping for a map with the placed we'll be stopping on it.

Thanks!

Les
I cant wait for xmas in your house.

Thanks, maybe I didnt notice? but I doubt it, sounds like we never got one, I will be looking for this next cruise.

And I forgot to say

Good Morning
6 weeks today I will be heading to the airport:dance3:
Only 40 mins to go and my monster weekend shift is done and Im outahere for a whole week.

I can just see it(the look):goodvibes
Was it iron man 2 that was in stateroom, why ,dont theytell you when they films start!? len still never seen it all and he watched diff bits 20 times, it was so funny cause last cruise it was the first iron man, it was a bit dejavu or how ever you spell it when we turned the tv on.

I can't tell you how many bits of films we watched in the stateroom!!:lmao::lmao: We could NEVER find the beginning. There are actually some pretty good films on to be honest if only I could catch one starting.:rotfl2:

:

We saw A Christmas Carol in 3D in the Walt Disney Theater last year - it was Wonderful!popcorn::

We saw that on the Magic in February the whole ship was cold, but the Buena Vista Theatre was absolutely freezing.:eek: Some folk went back for blankets, or just left. Brrrrrrrrrrrr. I think they were trying to give us a 4D experience.;):lmao: Awful.

For Lynne(and Len)

Over on next year's TA thread, we have a LL4WBTA2011 campaign going!!! We want you onboard.:thumbsup2:laughing:

Good Morning, Happy Cruisers!

For Lynne(and Len)

Over on next year's TA thread, we have a LL4WBTA2011 campaign going!!! We want you onboard.:thumbsup2:laughing:

My Roommate MomE (Eilean) wants to go on that one but she'll need a new roomie - I can't afford two cruises in one year - or at least the AIRFARE for that cruise:scared1:

Happy Day, all!

The new one is not Disney. After the last one they gave up the rights. It is now a Fox movie. I just confermed that part on imdb.

So that's why I haven't heard anything about it. At least it appears they kept the cast intact so it's a seamless transfer. Now that you mention it being Fox I seem to recall hearing Disney giving up the rights a few years ago when it didn't turn into a Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings success for them.

Thanks!

Les

What resolution do you need?

This is awesome! This video covers the three main things I argue with people about most often.

1) Han definitely shot first!
2) Ghost Anakin should definitely be the older guy, not Hayden Christensen
3) You have to watch them in the order they were released, IV, V, VI, I, II, III

Anyone who doesn't agree with these three statements isn't a true fan in my book :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter