From Pop to the Top - Funtastic Adventures in the Summer Sun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love your Snow White and Philharmagic photos! :thumbsup2 Takes me back right there....

It sounds like your Thanksgiving weekend was a nice one! We had a great time too - Caroline and her parents were in town, so that was a lot of fun. I also got my tree and was going to decorate this afternoon, but I have to take the lights back - most of the strand didn't light, even when I messed with it. ;) So back to Target for me!

I am using this time to get started on my trip report - hopefully I will do a better job of it this time around!! :upsidedow

Have a great week!

Trip reports take time, so I understand how easy it is to let them fall by the wayside. When you do have the time to write and put up pictures, it is such a fun way to go back in time and enjoy the trip all over again. We do them to bring Disney happiness back to all of our friends and to just stretch the trip out for ourselves, too.

Hope you get the light situation fixed and get that tree glowing soon. :santa:
I rarely have my TV on, but I have had the Hallmark Channel on a lot this past week with Christmas movies showing. I doubt I have sat down and watched any one all the way through (Jill can tell you about me and movies), but I have begun to feel the Christmas atmosphere with what has been playing in the background.

I love your photos of Fantasyland. It was so empty! The MK first thing in the morning is the best.

Yes, it is. You can get a lot done in a short time.
We're spoiled to mornings and rarely do anything any Fantasyland in the middle of the day any more, and then only if there is no/little wait.

MeMom,
I snapped some more pictures of Disney Christmas trees for you.

I'm sure you know where this tree is.
100_9256.jpg

100_9230.jpg

I surely do know where both of those trees are, and I am loving it! I still have the Pop tree on my phone, and Erica put an AK tree up that I just saw a few minutes ago. Everybody keep 'em coming! :dance3:

Reluctantly I took that second picture off, even though I think you look beautiful in both of them! But this is your thread so I will comply. :)

Thanks. Now everyone can go to the mirror, make a cross-eyed weird-mouthed face and just imagine what I looked like. :laughing:

Kazin said "Mee mouse" when he saw Minnie a few weeks ago but I guess he's decided that they're the same mouse :laughing: He calls Caleb "Cabub." Close enough :rotfl:

Yup ::yes:: Next year in college I get a full month off for Christmas :worship:

Yep, next year you'll really enjoy that long break!

I love listening to Bella's speech evolve. She's really picking up things now, and it's co cute the way things come out.

Brooklynn is still developing, too, and she can be quite comical.
Yesterday, we were singing,
'Deck the halls with boughs of trolley'
and
'Tis the season to be trolley' .
She was all about the trolley yesterday. :goodvibes

Great updates MeMom! Looksa like you had a great Thanksgiving. Got to see all yours girls and see baby Seth. How lucky are you?

I've been busy. Didn't do Black Friday(never do), but I did go to Memphis yesterday shopping. Made it to the Disney store and thought of you. I told Sarah that I dropped the ball because I forgot my camera so I couldn't take pics for you. lol

I do have a few pictures of the Disney tree I put up for me and Ty. I will add ornaments to it every year. I plan to buy a Christmas ornament everytime I go to Disney to represent each trip.

It's not a WDW tree but it's a start......
837.jpg

HOPE you have a great week.(and get all your car stuff taken care of)

Ty will love growing up with a Disney tree!

I have a bunch of Disney ornaments, but my little 4 ft. tree is about to not be able to handle them all. The branches are kinda weak, and some of the ornaments I got in Disney World are heavy. I'm having to set them at the bottom. I like having the small tree just up on the table in the kitchen, but I need a sturdier small tree.

I hope everything with the car goes through like clockwork, but if it doesn't, I will not be surprised. Seems like there is usually a glitch in things like this.

Back to work for most of us today after a wonderful holiday time with family and friends. We can do it guys - just a few more weeks until we get another break. The long haul will be after that - from the new year's return to spring break. Have a great Monday, friends! I'm going to go create Japan in my hallway today, and I have clipboard people coming tomorrow. It's gonna be a long two days!

. I hope everything with the car goes through like clockwork, but if it doesn't, I will not be surprised. Seems like there is usually a glitch in things like this.

Back to work for most of us today after a wonderful holiday time with family and friends. We can do it guys - just a few more weeks until we get another break. The long haul will be after that - from the new year's return to spring break. Have a great Monday, friends! I'm going to go create Japan in my hallway today, and I have clipboard people coming tomorrow. It's gonna be a long two days!

Sending thoughts and prayers that everything works out with the car, and the clipboard people. I am sure your hallways will be a little touch of EPCOT and the kids will love it.

Don't forget between Christmas and Spring break you have a little Disney break. I hope to meet you there.

I am so mad at myself:headache:. I missed Jill's last text around 12:30 saying she could meet soon. I think I was at the grocery store then. I have such a hard time hearing the text notification when my phone is in my purse. I could have met up at that time, too. I was hoping to get the girls together, even if just for a little time since I knew they were heading back after a holiday weekend.

Jill - I just texted you (just a day late - haha).

So sorry to hear about your car! Glad Drew was okay though. Sounds like you are dealing with the blow and making the most out of it.:goodvibes

Looks like you had a good Thanksgiving holiday weekend with family and friends. That is what truly matters!:hug:

Hi there
Just came back to DIS after a few weeks to try and catch up before work starts and saw my ticker. Had to share :tinker:
(no smilies with downward pointing arrows)

I posted last night just as Comcast's internet went down around here so I guess I lost the post. Going back an update or two -- I was so happy to see that you guys ate at Boma! I love it there, and I love that it's a buffet, so I can get as many desserts (zebra domes) as I want. ;)

I might have said this before, but you are just like my mom with having your picture taken. When my parents went to Scotland a few years ago, my mom finally started getting in pictures just so she could prove that she had been there. She's a lot better about it now, but she'll never be like my dad and go out of her way to have her picture taken. I don't think anyone will go quite so much out of their way for photo ops as he does. :rotfl2:

Also, if you could keep Katie and her family, and Charles's, in your thoughts, I'm sure it would be appreciated. Katie's grandmother fell and broke her hip yesterday. They are looking at surgery, and when I talked to Katie this morning, she said that the surgery would be either tomorrow or Wednesday. Charles's grandmother fell last week and ended up with fractures in her neck and back, then fell again getting out of the hospital bed and hit her head, so she now has someone sitting in the hospital room with her 24/7. She has dementia and was at first very scared, confused, and overwhelmed with not knowing or remembering where she was, or why she was there, but as of a few days ago, she's a lot better -- she is aware that she's in the hospital and why she's there (though she doesn't remember either of her falls.) I'm hoping to go visit her at some point with Charles. I didn't go on Thursday with him and the rest of his family b/c this was when she was still having a really hard time.

Have a great week, MeMom! Are you counting down till winter break? 'Cause I know I am!

Happy Monday, MeMom! It is hard to go back to work after having such a lovely week off!

Oh, yes, it was. I was in the hallway floor cutting out a torii gate at 6:40 this morning. We had to go to a meeting during our planning time, so we got no break. During lunch, I had three things to do, so I scarfed down a pimento cheese sandwich as I walked toward the teachers' workroom.

I am glad to be home.

Sending thoughts and prayers that everything works out with the car, and the clipboard people. I am sure your hallways will be a little touch of EPCOT and the kids will love it.

Don't forget between Christmas and Spring break you have a little Disney break. I hope to meet you there.

I'm trying to recreate Japan Epcot. :laughing:
It's not going so well. :upsidedow
I did put down a blue paper koi pond today. ;)

I'll let you know on January 12th if we are able to pay it off. :thumbsup2

I am so mad at myself:headache:. I missed Jill's last text around 12:30 saying she could meet soon. I think I was at the grocery store then. I have such a hard time hearing the text notification when my phone is in my purse. I could have met up at that time, too. I was hoping to get the girls together, even if just for a little time since I knew they were heading back after a holiday weekend.

Jill - I just texted you (just a day late - haha).

She hated that she missed you, too. I would love to have come to see the girls, too, but there was no way I was driving out there on Black Friday weekend in a rental car!

So sorry to hear about your car! Glad Drew was okay though. Sounds like you are dealing with the blow and making the most out of it.:goodvibes

Looks like you had a good Thanksgiving holiday weekend with family and friends. That is what truly matters!:hug:

Not much you can do, really. I cried for about a day and a half and went out and looked at it several times to be sure it wasn't a dream, and after I got it all out, I just went on.

Hi there
Just came back to DIS after a few weeks to try and catch up before work starts and saw my ticker. Had to share :tinker:
(no smilies with downward pointing arrows)

Bragger, bragger, bragger!!! :mad:
Naaah, go and have fun for all of us.
I am very happy for anyone who is getting to go and experience the holidays at WDW. Just send lots of pictures, please. :santa:

I posted last night just as Comcast's internet went down around here so I guess I lost the post. Going back an update or two -- I was so happy to see that you guys ate at Boma! I love it there, and I love that it's a buffet, so I can get as many desserts (zebra domes) as I want. ;)

I might have said this before, but you are just like my mom with having your picture taken. When my parents went to Scotland a few years ago, my mom finally started getting in pictures just so she could prove that she had been there. She's a lot better about it now, but she'll never be like my dad and go out of her way to have her picture taken. I don't think anyone will go quite so much out of their way for photo ops as he does. :rotfl2:

Also, if you could keep Katie and her family, and Charles's, in your thoughts, I'm sure it would be appreciated. Katie's grandmother fell and broke her hip yesterday. They are looking at surgery, and when I talked to Katie this morning, she said that the surgery would be either tomorrow or Wednesday. Charles's grandmother fell last week and ended up with fractures in her neck and back, then fell again getting out of the hospital bed and hit her head, so she now has someone sitting in the hospital room with her 24/7. She has dementia and was at first very scared, confused, and overwhelmed with not knowing or remembering where she was, or why she was there, but as of a few days ago, she's a lot better -- she is aware that she's in the hospital and why she's there (though she doesn't remember either of her falls.) I'm hoping to go visit her at some point with Charles. I didn't go on Thursday with him and the rest of his family b/c this was when she was still having a really hard time.

Have a great week, MeMom! Are you counting down till winter break? 'Cause I know I am!

I am sorry to hear that these sweet grandmothers are hurting, and I'm sorry for you guys having to watch them hurt. I hope all of their issues can be resolved quickly and they will be back to good health soon. It is sad to see people with dementia lose touch with the things they have always known so well. I know Charles is glad to have you there for him during this time.

I think all the teachers in our building today, from the ones putting up Egyptian mummies to the ones painting a big Canadian flag, are counting down until the winter break. I think I heard 'three weeks' at least ten times today. :goodvibes

Love the MK morning update! I keep telling myself we will be there soon, be there soon! :rotfl2:

Was behind, really behind....I have that Live, Laugh, Relax shirt :) Love all the pics from everywhere. SO sorry about your car. I am glad Drew was ok. Hope the transaction goes smoothly. I am crossing my fingers that you can still go in Feb.

Love the MK morning update! I keep telling myself we will be there soon, be there soon!

Yep, you will. :thumbsup2
And February, even the end of it, is sounding so much closer than March to me, too. :)

Was behind, really behind....I have that Live, Laugh, Relax shirt Love all the pics from everywhere. SO sorry about your car. I am glad Drew was ok. Hope the transaction goes smoothly. I am crossing my fingers that you can still go in Feb.

Keep those fingers crossed, because it'll be a long way until the summer trip if we don't get the pre-spring break trip.

I am praying that the check for the car is back to be by Wednesday. If it isn't, I'll be on the phone trying to figure things out.

A few more minutes at Poly.

IMG_7931.jpg

IMG_7932.jpg

IMG_7933.jpg

IMG_7934.jpg

Have I mentioned I'd like to stay here someday? ;)

A silly girl.

IMG_7938.jpg

IMG_7939.jpg

IMG_7940.jpg

We were going to try to find tinkgurl's brick, but there's no way. It's somewhere in here, I think! :laughing:

IMG_7943.jpg

We walked back toward the bus stop.

IMG_7945.jpg

On the bus.

Pullseye and Brooklynn were down for the count.

IMG_7946.jpg

And Bella was getting that way.

IMG_7947.jpg

IMG_7948.jpg

Don't you just love how kids can sleep anywhere?? :) Going back a few updates, I like your beach sand container. How nice to have a piece of the Poly at home!! I hope that your 4th of July dream of staying there comes true!

Just catching up on your report and have thouroughly enjoyed returning to my happy place this morning. :goodvibes The pictures of the sleepy girls are just too sweet. The first one of Bella made me laugh. I feel like that this morning. Went to bed about 8:30 last night then woke up around 2:30. I couldn't go back to sleep to save my life so gave up and got up at 4:30. Now I'm ready for a nap but have to work all day. Boo!

I'm so sorry to hear about your car but am very glad that Drew and his passenger are OK. Sending lots of pixie dust that the check arrives on time.

Love the pictures of that silly girl. It put a smile on my face on this rainy afternoon. Then the bus pictures reminded me that it is good napping weather.

Fun! Fun! Fun! How I love MK and the POLY. Oh, and everything else in WDW!:goodvibes
The girls are just precious falling asleep on the bus. My girls still do that after a tiring Disney day.

I'm a little behind MeMom. What's the latest with the insurance company? I have been hoping for good news for you!

Great Poly pictures! What is it about those Disney busses that put a child to sleep? :)

We had a great time going through the box of goodies that arrived today! Keeley and I were especially thrilled with the Seven Dwarfs bibs! Those are new to me, so cute!
I might just have to borrow that brag book....:cutie:
We packed the items for Harper back in and she can pull them out when she comes over next time!
Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness!

Loving all the updates MeMom! The girls are just too cute. :rotfl2: at Brooklyn calling it the Chicken Parade.

I'm really excited to see the new line for Pooh. I'm going on Friday for the filming of the Christmas Day Parade.:cool1::banana::cool1::banana:

Can't wait to read more :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter