From Mickey Mouse to The Wildcats - Live Trip Report

wayneg said:
One thing I forgot to mention yesterday was the CM at MK Guest services, one of the worst I have ever come across. We were renewing AP, not a "hello" or a "thank you" or anything from getting to the window to leaving all she said was "$1,650" I took the AP's and as I left said "thank you Happy" could not believe a CM served me without a smile or a word.

Just going out to Mimis Cafe now :goodvibes

Moody trout

One thing I forgot to mention yesterday was the CM at MK Guest services, one of the worst I have ever come across. We were renewing AP, not a "hello" or a "thank you" or anything from getting to the window to leaving all she said was "$1,650" I took the AP's and as I left said "thank you Happy" could not believe a CM served me without a smile or a word.

Did you not give feedback in the moment to the manager?

Did you not give feedback in the moment to the manager?

Went into MK was going to go to City Hall and tell them but line was out of the door. Although last time they gave me a card to do it online, I still have the link at home so might do it later.

From ur review Im presuming you prefer OKW for parking and small pools. Have been keeping up with Matts blog and looks like the trip is going great. Love lilys blog. Sooo cute. Looking forward to reading more.

Some things better at OKW some better here, unfortunately OKW has got too expensive for me, there was no way I was paying £138/nt per family plus all the extras that go along with "free" DDP.

Today we went into Epcot, got fast passes for Soarin and then in standby for Test Track, about 15 min line, really like the changes to TT as I said in April. Did a few more things then back to hotel for a swim. This evening to Walmart to get a few things including a SIM card for Matt, unlimited internet & Text plus 100 mins per month for $30/month. That should be OK for him. After that onto Mimis Cafe, they changed the menu and my 2 faves have gone, Jambalaya & Liver. I had Chicken Parmasan which was good.
Late nght again so just a couple of pics in Epcot and this evening.

Wow, Lily looks to have grown up so much in the last year! I love the photos of her and Matt.

(I know I should expected it really as Chloe has done the same and they are very similar in age :goodvibes)

Just caught up. Glad you're having a great time! We love the BW area resorts - lovely to have a stroll around the lake on an evening. We had a good look around the Swolfin last year and the pools were virtually empty :rolleyes:

how in heavens name did i miss a Wayne live report?????????????????????????

just caught up with the thread - i still can't believe i missed this one...

ok...so first - your post about the non-disney CM at MK guest services scares me....we have a lot of stuff to do at the first park we hit (14 day ticket vouchers, converting my AP, etc)..
i really don't want an unfriendly CM...
as an aside, have you noticed that the men at guest services are nicer than the women? i'm referring to the CMs at the city hall guest services (in the various parks)...the ones who deal with special situations..
i've consistently found the men to be so much sweeter than the women...i wonder why that is..

that suite looks amazing!! so how much ARE you paying for it...not $500 i assume!! :eek:

good luck to Matt at university - they are going to fall in LOVE with him...
such a sweetie and so good lucking and best of all - that accent..
you know how we americans go all weak at the knees when we hear a brit talking!!! ;)
he might however be a bit shocked at american attitudes towards university...it's party first and studies a very distant second.....very distant!!!
and i can't wait to read his blog when winter rolls around!! i hope he's packed thermal underwear!!!!! :eek:

we leave in exactly a week....so much to do, so little time!!!!

enjoy the rest of your holiday!!!!!!!!!!! pixiedust:

Lovely pics of Matt and Chloe.

You know I like the car to be outside my room too (as in OKW) - it can be a half a mile walk from your room at the Boardwalk - and walking through the parks is not the same, much more fun; when I am back at the resort I want to be in my room asap. It's also what I take into consideration in Las Vegas as well - boy can you do some walking in those hotels to get to your car, or even out on to the Strip!

Store up all those (ok, few!) negatives for when you change hotel next week ;). It really does sound like a nice hotel to stay in. Never been keen on the appearance of those two hotels; without the palm trees, too much like east European apartment blocks IMO :snooty:. I definitely wouldn't say no to staying there though :lmao:

Did they open EPCOT just for you Wayne? :rotfl: Where are all the people?

Since they are staying at the Swan, I presume they used the international Gateway entrance in the morning, which brings you into Epcot between France and UK, therefore World Showcase would have been empty at that time.

wayneg said:
Some things better at OKW some better here, unfortunately OKW has got too expensive for me, there was no way I was paying £138/nt per family plus all the extras that go along with "free" DDP.

Did not realise OKW had gone up so much wayne. Its nice to try somewhere different anyway. Dolphin still looks great though. Im surprised it was cheaper always thought they were expensive. You must have had one of your bargains.

I never EVER let anything like that bother me one little bit. Especially not to the extent of complaining about them to management.

If you don't know that you are doing something wrong as a business, how do you improve your service? It's not so much complaining as feeding back.

If a person is in a customer focussed profession and they are not being customer focussed they are absolutely in the wrong role and the business needs to move them into another role.

The other way is when someone goes out the way to help me, the business needs that feedback also.

It scares you that someone might not be overly friendly when collecting your tickets? :rolleyes2

I never EVER let anything like that bother me one little bit. Especially not to the extent of complaining about them to management. For all I know, they could have just got some really bad news at home that morning, they might be going through a really bad time for one reason or another. Why on earth would I want to heap more woe onto them by complaining to their bosses.

I'll be on holiday so why should I let it bother me? Get my tickets, say thank you, then go have some fun and that's the last thought i'll give it.

it worries me because we have very complex transactions this time - plus our magic bands, plus fastpass+ thrown into the mix...the CMs will possibly be completely unfamiliar with what to do with UK tickets in terms of the test...and with two separate arrivals etc etc etc etc etc.
i need a very bright, helpful, willing CM to handle it....two years ago, we had an outstanding CM, last year not nearly......this year we really really need the CM to be on their game as this will be the most complex transaction ever..
here's hoping!! :)

It scares you that someone might not be overly friendly when collecting your tickets? :rolleyes2

I never EVER let anything like that bother me one little bit. Especially not to the extent of complaining about them to management. For all I know, they could have just got some really bad news at home that morning, they might be going through a really bad time for one reason or another. Why on earth would I want to heap more woe onto them by complaining to their bosses.

I'll be on holiday so why should I let it bother me? Get my tickets, say thank you, then go have some fun and that's the last thought i'll give it.

In all the 20 years we have been visiting Disney this is the first CM I felt deserves being talked to by management, seen a few who could improve their service but this one should not be in Guest services interacting with the public. Last year we let Disney know about 2 CM's who went above and beyond, its a 2 way thing with Disney(and many other companies) they want feedback on their service.
I am in retail myself, it does not matter what bad news you have had or how bad you feel, when you open that shop door, open that guest services window you put a smile on your face and welcome the next customer as if they are the most important person in the world, probably with Disney more than any company in the world. If they can't do that for whatever reason they are in the wrong job.

Did they open EPCOT just for you Wayne? :rotfl: Where are all the people?

As Joh says from the IG you see a very quiet park early morning:goodvibes

Wow, I also can't believe I missed the start of your live trip report!

Your suite looks great - I've always wondered what it's like staying at the Swan/Dolphin resorts.

Hope you have a great day - looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip :D

I read an interesting article about East Lothian bringing in an ex Disney boss prior to the British Open to discuss customer service although I disagree with the headline "dour Scots" we aren't all dour :)

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scotla...es-sunny-service-tips-to-dour-scots-1-2959164

A number of years ago we did the early segway tour in Epcot and the best bit was tootling round an empty world, shame they no longer do it.

I'm enjoying your food reports as always, just wish I wasn't always hungry when I read them. ::yes::

At £138 per night I would have taken it :rotfl2: POFQ next June, standard room: £153 per night!

I love that pic of Matt and Lily :) He's just her big hero isn't he? Too precious!

I'm curious about the sort of deal you got on The Swan - it looks fantastic and I like the location. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter