Frogmommy's "Time for a change" thread - comments welcome

Well I've been a bad girl. Somehow this journal managed to stay on page 1 though. I guess I'm not the only slack WISHer right now.

Anyhow, I've managed to maintain my weight for the last week. Not really putting a lot of effort into dieting. I did work out a few times. We joined a pool and have been going a lot this week. I'm not doing laps or anything remotely resembling a workout - just keeping up with the kids.

My big news is that we bought a new car. Literally every day last week we drug (dragged?) the kids to dealerships and test drove I don't know how many cars. We finally decided on a new RAV4 (the base model). It's DH's first new car ever, so it's a big deal for us. Having a job does have it's rewards.

My other big news is that we are headed to the beach tomorrow for a whole week!!! :woohoo: I don't think there are workout facilities where we are staying, but we may rent bikes while we are there. I'm really looking forward to it.

Ty Jamie, Amy, and Tracy for dropping by! I hope you all have a good week!!

Hi Heather,

Don't feel bad about not coming here, sometimes our schedules are a little crazy. I didn't make it to WISH at all last week. I felt pretty bad but there was nothing that I could do!!!! Congrats on the new car! That is always exciting...I think!!

Have a wonderful time at the beach!!!

Alrighty then!

I'm back, well rested, and ready to get re-focused. Weigh in today was 179. I'm actually ok with this since I was 178 when we left for the beach and I wasn't exactly OP. ;) Still, I'm 6 lbs heavier than my lowest weight this year and I sure would like to go beyond that point before summer ends and I have to go back to work.

It's hotter than hades here today - supposed to be 102. Bleh. One thing I love about this time of year is that there is all sorts of fresh fruit available. I bought some blueberries and local peaches last night. Yum! I think I'm going to make a pasta salad for dinner tonight - nobody wants anything hot which is just fine by me.

Hi Tracy and Jamie!! I hope you both had a great week last week. Ty both for dropping by!

I'm glad to hear you had a great trip! Only gaining 1lb is GREAT! :cheer2:

I think if you stay focused you will get back to your lowest weight before school starts. YOU CAN DO IT!!! :cheer2:

Hi Heather,

Glad to hear that you had a good vacation at the beach! :goodvibes That is wonderful that you only gained one pound on vacation! Great job! :cheer2:

Hope you have a great day today! :sunny:

Hi, Heather! Sorry I have been MIA in your journal. I am so glad to hear how well things are going for your family. Congrats on only gaining a pound at the beach. You can take those 6 off before school starts, for sure, especially with all the great fruits and veggies available this time of year!

Have a great night!

Wow, Heather! I catch up and you've been BUSY!!!

Congrats on the job! Sounds great!

Glad you had a good time at the beach. I'd so love to live near one rather than in a desert!!

PMS symptoms .... you might try Revival Soy. Have to order it online, but it's done amazing things over the last several years toward making me a sane person.

Have a great rest of the weekend and a good week next week!!

Hi all-

My weight has bounced all over the place this week and landed today right where I started - 179. Weird, but ok. It's my TOM so I'm guessing that had something to do with it. I was actually late by a few days which is really unusual for me. I decided to set up an appointment with my midwife to look into the pms/perimenapause concerns. As much as I'd love to be pregnant again I'm REALLY glad it's not an issue. Whew!

Spent the day yesterday trying to potty train DD. I gotta tell ya, as a parent there are a few things that I do well. Potty training doesn't seem to be one of them. :confused3 Yesterday DD was very excited about using the potty and was doing pretty well with it, but today she could care less and pretty much refused. I'm not going to push it. Training DS was a nightmare - it quickly became a battle of wills. I'd like to avoid that with DD.

Here's a bit of a rant y'all may want to skip. DH and DS went up to visit my MIL over the weekend. She and I don't have the best relationship. In my opinion she isn't very stable and I don't like the kids to be left alone with her for extended periods. But, DS is getting older and MIL puts pressure on DH to spend time with him. Anyway DH left DS with MIL for the day yesterday so he could play golf with his brothers. MIL decided to take DS to the lake and out for ice cream. So far so good. Except that it turns out that MIL let my son ride in her truck without his booster seat (which is required by law here). DS volunteered this info today. The worst part about all this is that when we called MIL to find out what happened she LIED and said that DS did in fact ride in the car seat (she admitted the truth later when trapped). She had some excuses for how this all happened, some plausable and some not so much, but the idea that she LIED and had DS thinking that he had done something wrong just blow my mind. And the kicker is that she says she lied because she was afraid I wouldn't trust her with the kids anymore. HELLO????

OK, rant over. It's safe to read again.

Hi Amy. Focus is definetely my issue. I will do really well for a few days then blow it by snacking. Also I can't seem to get motivated to do my strength training. I never miss a cardio workout but I keep rescheduling the ST and then wind up not doing it. I can do better.

Hey Tracy! I hope you are doing well. Ty for dropping by.

Hi Cam...It's great to see you here, and no worries about being MIA. Heck, I'm MIA a lot and it's my journal. I really am enjoying the fruit. I made a peach and blueberry cobbler recipe that I found in one of my old cooking light cookbooks the other day. Yum it was good. I love this time of year for fruit.

Hi Julie! Yep, a lot in my life is changing. It's hard to do but it's time, and there are tradeoffs. I will look into Revival Soy. I tried to do a series of vitamins that I read about somewhere, but I'm not a great pill taker and it was really hard for me to stick with. We'll see what the midwife says - it may be that I need to look at the progesterone cream like Amy suggested a few weeks ago. I hate to do hormones but I don't want to be a menace to my family either.

OK it's gotten late. :wave2:

Hi Heather,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with you MIL...that is no fun. Does not make sense for her to lie to you and then make your son feel bad because he told the truth. Wow....I am sorry!

You are doing a great job! Sorry I too have been MIA in your jounal....in everyones for that matter! Keep up the good work!

Happy Monday :)

Hi all...

Finally have a 1 lb loss to report!!! Let's hope that bugger stays off. ;)

I meant to come by here Sunday, then didn't. Yesterday was our anniversary. We've been married 13 years. We had a good though busy day. DH took me and the kids to Longhorn Steakhouse. We figured this would be fun for the kids because they could throw peanut shells on the floor. Turns out they don't allow that anymore but kids still had fun. DH also gave me some roses and chocolates (that are now gone - I shared - mostly) and a sandwich maker that I wanted. I took DH to look at golf clubs. He lost his 6 iron and threw his 7 iron in the lake! Didn't buy anything yet though. Golf is a wayyyy exspensive hobby.

I doubled up on most of my workouts last week to make up for the lack of strength training from the week before. I skipped my ST today though. :sad2: DH took the kids to the pool this morning. I was actually ALONE in the house for only the 2nd time in 2 years. But then DH called to say that he forgot DDs swimmies, so I ended up leaving after just 15 minutes. Once I was out I decided to go shopping at Kohls (I have nothing to wear when I go back to work), and that was the end of any plans for working out. :rolleyes:

Hi Jamie- It's always nice to see you! :goodvibes Yeah, MIL is a fruitcake. I'm so glad we live in a different part of the state. DH was talking about trying to get her to move down here, but it fell through. Thank goodness!!!

Hi heather!

Congratulations on your 1 pound loss!!! :banana: You are doing a great job with exercising! Keep up the good work! :cheer2:

Happy Anniversary to you and your DH! :goodvibes

Congratulations on your anniversary and your weight loss!! :cheer2: Stories like yours help me stay motivated!!

Hi all-

Well, yesterday's weigh in wasn't great. I'm up again. But this is a new month so I'm really going to try to stay focused.

I think I need to start recording my food again. Such a pain, but I have to admit it works.

So far today I've had
Go Lean with peaches (1 1/2 pts)
Lite Whole grain English Muffin with 1 egg beater, canadian bacon, and RF cheese. (6 pts?)
1 All Bran bar (2?)
Over 36 ounces of water, and working up to 72.

30 minutes on the bike

sigh, I'm hungry now. :rolleyes:

Hi Tracy! Ty for your well wishes

and welcome CJK! I'm glad I can help motivate you. :goodvibes

Ok wow...

So I had good intentions about writing down my food for the day, but didn't quite make it here to do it. I am back at 178, so that's good at least. I missed 1 of my ST workouts but got everything else in.

I've been crazy busy, but most of it is self imposed. I'm trying to cram everything I can into these few weeks I have left before I go back to work.

OK, hope everyone has a good week. :thumbsup2

Congrats on getting back on track! I hear you on how being busy can make it tough! Summer is usually very busy for us, and this year is proving that theory yet again. Still, one day at a time! Have a great week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter