Frizzy hair

SWofDisorder

Expatriate Fun
My hair is wavy but put me in humidity or wind and my top gets frizzy. What do you do to handle the frizzy hair and tame it?

I wish I could help! I'm still searching myself! I have been doing a lot of research and from what I have been reading it seems like styling creams. I have the Frizz ease one and I don't love it. I am looking to try the Moroccan oil one but I'm worded about my hair getting too greasy. I'm also looking into Beyond the Zone noodle Head curling crème, Sally Hershberger Curvaceous Elasto-Curl Daily Treatment and Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls. If I try another one I'll let you know!

More hairties! I just put my hair up like Princess Jasmine, with some sort of elastic band about every three inches...

I have curly hair, but I think some typical curly hair practices would likely help with wavy hair frizz. I always combat frizz with some extra conditioner (just don't wash it completely out of your hair), or a leave-in, also rinse your hair with cold water before you get out of the shower, then put product in your hair when it is still really wet (I use gel). This makes it so you don't feel the product when you hair dries (that crunchy feeling) but also allows the product to work to prevent the frizz. On the rare occasions that I straighten my hair the best non-greasy looking way to prevent frizz for me seems to be to spray some hair spray (I like Sebastian Shaper) onto a boar or other soft bristle brush and run that quickly over my hair.

I wish I could help! I'm still searching myself! I have been doing a lot of research and from what I have been reading it seems like styling creams. I have the Frizz ease one and I don't love it. I am looking to try the Moroccan oil one but I'm worded about my hair getting too greasy. I'm also looking into Beyond the Zone noodle Head curling crème, Sally Hershberger Curvaceous Elasto-Curl Daily Treatment and Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls. If I try another one I'll let you know!

Good news. Moroccan Oil doesn't leave hair greasy. At least this line doesn't: https://www.moroccanoil.com/us_en/l...eQIF5QrdwCme7gSMcwJHpLYSbH69G5ehoCdmIQAvD_BwE

I love the stuff. One of the best things my stylist ever turned me on to.

Not sure if other, cheaper brands of it work as well because I have not tried them.

I am always too tired at Disney World to mess with my hair. Ropedropping in the morning and fireworks at night leave me little time to do anything but pull my hair up or stuff it under a cap. I advise to bring whatever you need to do that, just in case you feel the same!

I believe Monica in Friends had the answer...
maxresdefault.jpg

I curl my hair as it's naturally curly and then HAIR SPRAY.

After that I just let my hair do what it wants.

Once I straightened my hair in the morning and before dinner it was completely curly again. It's funny to show my friends pictures of the day, one after just finished straightening it and one later in the day. They're shocked when I tell them both pictures are from the same day!

My daughter and I use Ouidad's Climate Control gel and it's amazing!

I feel like I've tried everything under the sun and kept going back to mousse which wasn't bad but still by the afternoon the frizz was back.

The Ouidad works really well and all day!

I attached a picture of my daughter from vacation last summer. We were in Key West which you know is so hot and humid and the picture is at dinner time and her hair still looks great!

Attachments

• IMG_2275.JPG
    IMG_2275.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 47
I have naturally curly and very frizzy hair. By far the best product I have found that works for me is L'Oréal Sleek It Frizz Vanisher Cream! Works great!

At Disney in the summer/hot months, I just put my hair up into a ponytail and then braid it. (Similar to photo) Damp with some type of product in it to keep it relatively smooth. I may attempt to style it if we are doing a nice dinner or something, but usually I'm going for comfort and ease over looks.

Attachments

• ponytail.jpg
    ponytail.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 22
Wow do I feel your pain. I'm also a ponytail girl from July through September because of humidity. The worst is when I go to the hairdresser and walk outside when it's raining. Total waste of a good hairstyle.
Will def give moroccan oil and Ouidad a try :) Used to have luck with FrizzEase but as my hair has aged it doesn't work as well anymore.

I have super, spiral curly hair and I use Deva Curl. It works great but has problems in the humidity. Even though I put it on while my hair is wet. I'm going to give Ouidad a try! The Moroccan oil doesn't do anything for my hair.

I have naturally curly hair and have pretty much given up on trying to keep it looking decent. All of my usual hair routines fail me in FL (no matter the time of year we go). This year I'm planning on straightening it part of the time since my hair seems to hold up semi-well to that and then doing buns and ponytails the rest of the time.

I'm always envious of those women in the parks that are looking GREAT though. How is their hair staying so perfect?!

Alterna Haircare Bamboo Beach Sunshine Spray
https://www.sephora.com/product/bam...cid2=alterna_lp_whats_new_carousel_us:p417160

It also protects your hair from UV (awesome if you have color treated hair)!

My hair is prone to frizz in the humidity, but I also have greasy hair so any sort of oils are usually bad for me. However, with this product I spray it into my hands and then apply to my ends and put the last bit hear my roots and it worked great for me when I was there in May!!

Only con is it does not travel well. I had to wrap it in cling wrap then put it in a ziplock baggy so it didn't leak on everything else. Not sure if it's just the bottle I have or if it's just like that in general. But still worth the extra time to pack it since it works! I highly recommend it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter