Frist time going MVMCP... tickets bought and now I need some tips.. Please and Thank you

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
This year we are having our family Christmas on the December 22. My DD and her family will be heading to her in-laws for Christmas weekend. The cast of character, will be DH and me, my parents, and DD and her family. 6 adults and 1 sweet sweet little grandson (2yrs old).

So our plan is to have everyone come over, around 10ish, maybe 9:30 ish for brunch then gift opening, follow by more snacking. Heading to the Park around 3:00.....( we are locals and live about 20 minutes away)

Do you think leaving at 3:00 is enough time to make it to the gate by 4:00? - DH thinks that's plenty of time. I am leaning more toward 2 to 2:30 ish. With traffic and the holiday weekend and its the last night of MVMCP... I am thinking it will be crazy.

What about priority parking, I am leaning toward this, as my mom and dad will be with us, my mom has had some health problems in the past but is fine now, but we want to be cautious at all times. Any idea on the cost? and we are AP holders any discounts?

We are going with counter service for dinner, just where ever.... But am I over thinking this and wondering should I think about TS... like CP or Tony's, or even the Plaza, ??? then DH said maybe we should go with just breakfast at home and have a late lunch /early dinner at Chef Mickeys, or one of the monorail resorts... argh.... I would like to think that we could get ADR's but thinking of the cost... Anyone have any info on cost for Chef Mickeys during that time of year.

Since we have never attend one of these parties, I really need a lot of info, such as
Where are the cookie locations? Character's? best way to handle the rides, and how are the ride lines ? we will not be doing any mountains, not unless my DD, my mom and I breakaway to ride Space mountain.

There will be photo pass photographers...right? I ask this as my friends went last year to the Halloween party and she said that they could not find any, except on main street early on but once the party started they could not find anyone???

Parade time - suggestion on a good spot and what time do you stake your claim? We would like main street of course, but its not a priority..

Any other tips or suggestion are appreciated as always... :thanks::disrocks:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

I'd skip priority parking. You have to park at the TTC and get a tram to the monorail entrance. Mom & dad shouldn't have too far to walk. Perhaps the CM directing traffic would let you drop them close to the tram pick up. I think leaving at 3 would cut it close. I'd leave at 2:30.

I'd also recommend an ADR. Perhaps The Wave at The Contemporary? I imagine it will be crowded. I know I'd rather have a guaranteed place to sit and eat.

Grab a map for cookie locations, etc. We found the lines for cookies were so long it wasn't worth the wait.

The only meet & greet we wanted to do was Santa. We got in line 30 minutes before he was scheduled to arrive and were second in line. I can't remember what time it was.

We watched the parade from where it begins in Frontierland. We liked it there because we were done before the rest of the crowd was. It gave us an advantage in hitting the 2 mountains there. We sat down about 30 minutes prior to the start of the parade. I'm not a parade person (none of us are), so if we did it again we'd use that time to hit popular rides.

I'd get a midday ADR at one of the monorail resorts ... 2:00. Have a nice meal then enjoy some of the monorail resort decorations and some of the great Photopass opportunities there. We get annual pictures in front of the big tree in the Grand Floridian. At midday the line for that photopass shouldn't be huge, you are inside, and it gives the photographer a little bit more ability to set up a nice shot. Then you have a great picture of all of you together for Christmas. And they are usually great there about having a full group shot, a kids shot, a mom and dad one, etc.

Then when you are done you can ride the monorail to MK and get in at 4:00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter