"Friendly Pirates"

LucyBell -- What I did today was check my friend list to see who was playing pirates, then I messaged them asking if anyone had an opening in their teams. It took a while, but finally I got in a group to play a few games. These Thursday double credit days are both a blessing and pain!

If you'd like, PM me and we can meet to get on each other's friend lists. I should be able to play next Thursday - IF - I get ahead on my "to do" list preparing for a graduation. We can look for a team together. :thumbsup2
Looking forward to meeting you... :yay:

Funny thing is I've seen aliceblue post here a lot, but tonight we randomly met on the dock, first time I've seen her in vmk and I already met her live, lol!
You know, that's the nice thing about Pirates. Eventually you run into everyone on the dock! Always amazes me, considering how many people there are in the game.

I'll keep an eye out for you too, LucyBell. :)

Please do not take being booted from friendly pirates personally. I have run into the fact that I was messaged to play friendly but by the time I get there they have enough Players. Though I miss not getting the easy credits I know what friendly means. So you have a choice take is personally and feel bad, or get back here to disboards and start a anyone for friendly pirates game meet me in lobby so and so. Because I bet there are other players want to play to :)

I was involved in one of the "friendly" games yesterday. I had been invited by one of my friends and they were booting people who joined. I did feel bad about it but when someone who was not in on it did join (a few times) they did mess it up...

In a grand act of Karma, after my friends left, i got booted from MANY games...

I finally did put together my own "friendly" game and made sure everyone was in the same lobby and ready before we created any games. I was very happy about that because we didn't boot anyone while we were playing.

My name is "PartyLite" and I am ALWAYS up to a friendly game!

When we play, I try to start the game in an empty room.
But when you have 8 people who are playing friendly pirates you can't really add another, as you are taking turns winning and that would make somebody else who has been playing with your group not get a turn to win.
Also, usually when I let another random person play, they do not get that they can't shoot or they said it is boring (boring to get 471+ credits for a win?).

So all I can recommend is get some of your friends together and ask if they want to play friendly pirates and get your own group going.

My name is "PartyLite" and I am ALWAYS up to a friendly game!

Hmm, Candlz = PartyLite..I see a trend here. ;)

On a side note, if someone from our group leaves, I'd rather let a stranger play then make someone else sit out or wait five minutes for a new player. Invite, yes, but play while you wait for a reply since I know I don't always see the blinking envelope right away if i'm busy with something else. And I don't feel it's necessary to "teach" the stranger the rules as there should be at least five who already know the rules. Just take out the one who doesn't know first before they have a chance to shoot the entire opposing team or cross the base before others have their flag. If they're on your team yelling at you bc you've got the flag and aren't going home, just say "we're taking turns" and let it go. They'll get good credits either way. IF it gets messed up, so be it, make it up to the team who should have won next game. It's just a game and not worth contant chatter of what should have happened or bawling out an innocent bystander/player. That to me is very unfriendly/impolite. JMHO

I think part of the problem here is the title friendly pirates can be interpretted in different ways.

When I first heard the phrase, I thought it was great! I thought it meant people didn't want to play with others that were calling names or otherwise talking inappropriately in the game. What an improvement in the game!

I didn't really learn what it meant until I joined disboards.

If you're in the game, it's friendly, but if you're one of the people that are booted from the game, it doesn't sound friendly at all.

It bugs me when I'm booted from a game too. Usually there is no reason given. However, I have seen some really odd reasons that people have given for booting other people, including thinking that the person booted was ugly. The person booting usually feels justified and the person being booted is usually upset about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter