Friday, January 18, Day 1

pathubia

<font color=green>Gets lost at Portofino<br><font
Day 1, Friday, January 18

Cast: me 41, Tim - 41 DH, Alyssa- 8 year old DD

Arrived at MCO on time, 11 am, rode down to the the escalator and our driver from "Yourride" transportation was waiting for us. He drove us in his stretch white limo, we stopped at a liquor store for the important staples, soda and booze. I am way too cheap to let anyone buy anything from that EXPENSIVE wet bar.

Checked in the HRH about noon. Hotel was full, no upgrades, oh well, at least the room was ready. Note: DD brought her report card with her to get an "A" program gift from the hotel. The desk clerk we had said "Great work, but the promotion is over." DD,who is a little high strung anyway cried for 10 minutes, I called guest services and explained the situation. He told me to go back to the desk and they would give her a kid's bag. It was a bag with a visor and a ball and some temp tatoos.
She was thrilled and thanked everyone at the desk.

We decided to upgrade our 3 day passes to Annual Passes, we did this with no problem, except i noticed that they spelled alyssa, adyssa. Maybe we'll fix it next trip. DH is not as thrilled as me about the AP's. I could spend every weekend at the HRH, but not him.

We headed to USF, went right, started with T2-3D, then the Horror Show ( I LOVE THIS SHOW) Next we had burgers at Mel's Diner, I dont know if it was the food or the hunger, but the burgers were great. Next off to ET, only heard DH's name. Over to Woodys RollarCoaster, MIB twice and Back to the Future. This time we grabbed the front seat and it was much better on my neck. It was starting to get late and DD wanted to do DIVE-IN
movies, so back to the HRH. We all took a dip in the pool but it really gets chilly once the sun goes down. DD stayed in the pool for the whole movie Dr. Doolittle 2. I was cold just watching her...BRRRRR.

The movie ended around 8, back to the room to change and then off to the HRC for dinner. I got an all access card online and i got $20 off dinner. We sat at the bar, they dont mind kids at the bar there. We sat in the exact same seats that we sat in August and the bartender remembered us.

We walked back to the HRH and hit the hay. They have the most comfortable beds that i have ever slept on....

Stay tuned for day 2, IOA.

Looking forward to hearing the rest! We are considering HRH for our summer trip....never been to Universal! What is the access card that saved you $20?:D

If you go to Hardrock.com and click membership you can get an all access card, it costs 24.95, but you get $20 back right off the bat and you get credits when you spend money in the cafes and shops.

When you use it you are supposed to get the next available table.

Patty

This was our second trip to the HRH, our first was in Aug and I am trying to get a cheap flight to go down for Mardi Gras.

Thank you! I noticed you stayed at the Polynesian too. Will we like the HRH in comparison...we have never stayed at a non-Disney property and a little nervous.:confused:

You can also get "priority" seating at the HRCafe by showing your HRH room key. If you are a member of AAA, bring your card. You can get 10% off at just about all the restaurants in the parks and at CityWalk.

I loved the Poly, but I LOVE the HRH. Its just so COOL. It has a relaxed atmosphere, you can walk to the parks, and its all one buliding. When we stayed at the Poly we were a few bulidings away from the pool. Everyone that we talked to love there.

Patty

Personally, Patty, I want to know how it compared to Aunt's driveway.... :p

JK!

I get caterpulted back to the HRH with every trip report. I cannot WAIT till my trip in April. Too bad about the Straight A program. I'll be staying at the Dolphin first and I hope they still have their program going!

And you had a chance to USE the pool, huh? Big difference in the weather in just a few weeks!:(

I loved aunts driveway in the camper (Daytona Beach), but the neighbors must have thought we were gypsy's.

DH thinks I am nuts, everytime I get home, I book another trip right away!!

Patty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter