Free stuff on your birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP - how did you respond to the champagne, which I would have been delighted by even if I didn't drink? I'd just like some clarity around this one bit. I don't eat desserts for the most part, but when companions have told restaurants we're celebrating something, I didn't send them back. Could you describe?

We went on a long weekend to celebrate my 50th. I am the opposite of the OP because I don't want attention. It embarrasses me. In fact, my family wanted to throw me a party so I told my husband that it was the last thing I wanted, and I would much rather go to Disney.

I did not wear a button or mention it to anyone while we were there. The only thing I did do was have it noted on our resort reservation and that was mostly because the CM on the phone booking the room asked if we were celebrating anything.

I asked for a specific section in the resort and got my request. No upgrade, but they gave us a beautiful corner room. I kinda thought that may have been a nod from WDW for my birthday, but they've always been great with granting our room requests.

To each, her own, but the thought of birthday cupcakes and waitstaff singing to me makes me cringe. I was a bride once, and that was enough attention to last a lifetime.

This thread is everything that is wrong with the world today. When I started reading this thread I thought it was going to be about how grateful you were for the things you received, but that wasn't the tone at all.

Your birthday is special TO YOU. Nobody else cares about your birthday (or my birthday, or anyone else's birthday). I find it obnoxious that you were disappointed when you didn't get free stuff, or get free stuff that was up to your standards.

We went on a long weekend to celebrate my 50th. I am the opposite of the OP because I don't want attention. It embarrasses me. In fact, my family wanted to throw me a party so I told my husband that it was the last thing I wanted, and I would much rather go to Disney.

I did not wear a button or mention it to anyone while we were there. The only thing I did do was have it noted on our resort reservation and that was mostly because the CM on the phone booking the room asked if we were celebrating anything.

Exactly this for my 30th. I would have bolted if anyone sang to me. NOT my speed. The only reason mine got noted on my resort res was because my companion at the time called early to have champagne and a few other things to make fun drinks sent to the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter